Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Chris Ivory Alert

Not sure what's going on with Pierre Thomas, but when Ingram is out and Ivory plays, PT continues to see the same amount of work.

PT's workload seems to have gone down in the past few weeks. I think PT might be hurt, and if Ingram misses this week, Ivory may be worth a look if you're in the playoffs and, like most owners this season, need a decent RB option.

Not sure what's going on with Pierre Thomas, but when Ingram is out and Ivory plays, PT continues to see the same amount of work.

PT's workload seems to have gone down in the past few weeks. I think PT might be hurt, and if Ingram misses this week, Ivory may be worth a look if you're in the playoffs and, like most owners this season, need a decent RB option.

Don't know, when ingram was out PT definitely got more touches.. Ivory is made of glass and hasn't practice much less played the entire season..

Don't know, when ingram was out PT definitely got more touches.. Ivory is made of glass and hasn't practice much less played the entire season..

Agreed, as a Saints fan, I expect PT to get more carries (especialy on the road) as opposed to Ivory stepping in cold and fully inheriting Ingram's current role and carries.

Last game Ivory played in relief of Ingram he got 15 carries. To PTs 8.

I don't know if they are saving PT or what, but they just don't want to give him a load.

The most carries PT has had all year is 10...against the COLTS.

His carries do not seem to go up. PT would need Ivory and Ingram out to get a real share.

Agreed, as a Saints fan, I expect PT to get more carries (especialy on the road) as opposed to Ivory stepping in cold and fully inheriting Ingram's current role and carries.

Most carries Ingram has had in a game is 17; average is just over 12.

Most carries Thomas has had in a game is 10; average is just under 7.

Ivory had 15 in his one start (Thomas had a very effective 8 carries in that game); 6 in his other appearance; average 10.5. His 67 yards vs TB is the 4th highest total of a Saints RB this season.

From what I've seen, they just aren't comfortable with thomas as a short yardage or GL back anymore. Sproles is a between the 20's guy and more of a factor in the passing game; his carries have dropped as the season has progressed, getting just over 4 a game.

I've stashed Ivory on my bench for just this. The logjam at RB has kept him off the field. I don't think the Saints will hesitate to use him often in place of Ingram, and the GL opportunites are a big deal. Just my .02.

No love for Sproles?

I'm gonna' need him week 15, and hopefully 16.

You can get Ivory off the waiver.

Sproles is owned in almost every league but the smallest one's.

If Ingram is hurt, it cements Sproles status as a great #2 RB for the playoffs...

Fingers crossed, after losing Forte I need him to pick up the slack. :thumbsup:

Chris Ivory would be #3 on the list... PT and Sproles will split while Ivory will relieve. That's just my opinion.

Chris Ivory would be #3 on the list... PT and Sproles will split while Ivory will relieve. That's just my opinion.

Chris Ivory becomes Mark Ingram in role. Its exactly what has already happened. This isn't guesswork. We've seen it.

They are keeping PT fresh for the playoff run.

Chris Ivory becomes Mark Ingram in role. Its exactly what has already happened. This isn't guesswork. We've seen it.

They are keeping PT fresh for the playoff run.

That sucks if true because i was ready to roll with PT this week as my flex.

:thumbsdown:

That sucks if true because i was ready to roll with PT this week as my flex.

:thumbsdown:

Payton loves how his RBBC is used. He hasn't changed the formula for each RB all year. And he just swaps Ingram with Ivory when Ingram is out.

So you would play Ivory over say ... Kalil Bell?

I just waived Keiland Williams for him.

Yes, I would.

There's nothing about that Chicago offense that makes me think anyone is going to be a good play @ Denver.

Payton seamlessly dropped Ivory into that slot when it belonged to thomas last year, and when Ingram went down earlier this year. They have a lot of confidence in the kid; just a logjam at RB that keeps him sidelined but ready.

I see 60-70 yds and a TD

check PT's past stats when Ingram was out.

Pretty much the samer as when he's in.

check PT's past stats when Ingram was out.

I have. Its the same.

I know folks want it to be the PT show when Ingram is out, but its just not the reality.

Ivory gains 3 and 4 touches. Not bad from 0. Sproles for sure and Pierre if you need a reach at flex.

Payton quote from the sideline this morning..."We're just going to plug Chris Ivory in for Mark Ingram."

Ivory and Ingram are the same guy. PT will not have a role change.

Good luck everyone.