Sign in to follow this  
Larry David

Pick a TE

So in my championship game I’ll be up against Aaron Rodgers. My tight ends are Rob Gronkowski and Jermichael Finley. I also have Jordy Nelson. I’m considering starting Finley next week against Chicago since, with Greg Jennings out, I’ll have Rodgers top two targets. My logic is that this will severely limit the damage Rodgers can do to me since a Nelson or Finley TD will net more points for me than my opponent. The other case for Finley is that he had his one monster game against the Bears earlier this year.

Of course, Gronkowski is having the greatest season in the history of fantasy tight ends and it might be insane to sit him.

Who do I start?

Great question. Many people do not do the cancel out theory, I will do it depending on the circumstances. In your case I say you have to start Gronk because he is a beast. The upside is HUGE

Gronk is safe,finley normally kills Chicago though,is probably lean toward gronk coming off a did game last week. Thanks for responding to mine

Thanks for mine.

I think the safer play is Gronk. I have Finley and am rolling with him but I don't have the option you do.

Mr. David, I can't even believe you're asking this question. It's not that there isn't logic in your thinking, but nobody is going to tell you to play Finley over Gronk. Nobody.

Think of it this way. If you play Finley over Gronk, and it ends up costing you the game, will you be able to live with the decision?

Please feel free to chime in on mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398141

Don't make your decisions more complicated than necessary. Any other TE besides GRONK and we can logically debate the merits of putting Finley in the game. Play Gronk and stress over something else. Good Luck.

Gronk it is. Thank you all for the input. I do have a hunch that Finley will put up better numbers than Gronk this week but I agree that it wouldn't be wise to bench Gronk at this point.

I got slammed last week for proposing a "cancel out" situation myself.

It would be cool if you could wait & see. If you had a comfortable lead, and your opponent only had Rodgers left, then maybe you can apply this logic. But Gronk plays Saturday afternoon, how can you not start a record-breaking TE?

GO GRONK!

I have Gates and Finley - should I go Gates? Thinking Finley for some reason.

I'd go with Gates. I was only thinking of Finley because of the cancel-out theory.