Sign in to follow this  
The Hood

Colts fans -- good news ......he's gone

I am excited, yet not happy because Fisher already signed with the Rams! I just don't know who else I would want.

I am excited, yet not happy because Fisher already signed with the Rams! I just don't know who else I would want.

I'd think they'd have guys lining up for that job, seeing as Andrew Luck is in this draft and Indy has the #1 overall pick.

While I don't want him gone, Zimmer would do you guys some good.

While I don't want him gone, Zimmer would do you guys some good.

Fox59 just mentioned Zimmer as well.

I don't know...I didn't follow the Indy situation very closely so I'm no expert but I think its hard to blame the guy for what happened this season. Its not his fault the team consisted of Peyton Manning, bailing wire and duct tape. I assumed that's why the Polians were canned.

I don't know...I didn't follow the Indy situation very closely so I'm no expert but I think its hard to blame the guy for what happened this season. Its not his fault the team consisted of Peyton Manning, bailing wire and duct tape. I assumed that's why the Polians were canned.

Well said. My only problem with Caldwell was his inability to adjust when Manning went down. Complete deer in the headlights look.

Personally most of us feel his game planning and questionable calls the last three years have been what has done it. He was completely outcoached and the team was not ready for that SB loss to the Saints. I truely believe, had Dungy been the coach, we would have won that game. Caldwell this year, we gotta get better. That is all he would say. I just don't think a HC job was what he is good at. He is a great guy and maybe a good QB coach, but that might be about it.

Personally most of us feel his game planning and questionable calls the last three years have been what has done it. He was completely outcoached and the team was not ready for that SB loss to the Saints. I truely believe, had Dungy been the coach, we would have won that game. Caldwell this year, we gotta get better. That is all he would say. I just don't think a HC job was what he is good at. He is a great guy and maybe a good QB coach, but that might be about it.

I think Zimmer would be a good hire for you guys.

YES!!!

Great news. THis guy had no business being head coach. Complete embarrassment.

Manning's next. :wave:

I think so. I'll dig it up if it happens, but my prediction was...

- sign Flynn

- trade Manning

- trade the pick

- rebuild completely in 2 years

- sign Flynn

- trade Manning

- trade the pick

That is too smart and obvious of a decision to happen.

- sign Flynn

- trade Manning

- trade the pick

Trading Manning I don't believe is possible. If they pay him the signing bonus, I believe most of it counts against our salary cap, which would not help us at all.

If we pay him, he stays and plays. Irsay takes Luck to sit behind Manning.

Caldwell was a disaster! its like he was just a face to speak to the media and let peyton run the team. problem being when peyton wasnt there the team was running itself.. what the colts need is a hard nosed defensive minded coach to come in a clean up this mess,

Caldwell was a disaster! its like he was just a face to speak to the media and let peyton run the team. problem being when peyton wasnt there the team was running itself.. what the colts need is a hard nosed defensive minded coach to come in a clean up this mess,

If they can actually get a good DC, then the HC could be more offensive minded. It just depends on the DC. Now, if they don't get a strong person for it, I agree, a defensive minded HC would make a lot more sense.

If they can actually get a good DC, then the HC could be more offensive minded. It just depends on the DC. Now, if they don't get a strong person for it, I agree, a defensive minded HC would make a lot more sense.

They tried that when they hired dungee. Their defense still sucked.

Manning's next. :wave:

:nono: Not going to happen. If Manning plays, he is a Colt.

They tried that when they hired dungee. Their defense still sucked.

I was excited when we got Dungy, but was glad to see him go. After his son's death, he should have retired. He was clearly not the same coach/man after that and it showed and I think he cost us another SB because of it.

Maybe they can get Bill cowher. Maybe he is tired of waiting for the Carolina gig to open up. I know, I know, wishful thinking. :D

I was excited when we got Dungy, but was glad to see him go. After his son's death, he should have retired. He was clearly not the same coach/man after that and it showed and I think he cost us another SB because of it.

Maybe they can get Bill cowher. Maybe he is tired of waiting for the Carolina gig to open up. I know, I know, wishful thinking. :D

They won the Superbowl 1 year after his son died and he only coached 2 more years after he won so what the hell are you talking about? :wacko:

I used to want Cowher, but he has done nothing but bash the Colts. Granted, a lot of his losses came from Manning when playing us, but he has never said anything good. Honestly, I want a person that will come in liking what we have to work with and doing something with it.

And I assumed gocolts was talking about that year his son died, we had a team that should have went to the SB. But I also agreed, it changed him. I completely understand why it changed him, but his heart just wasn't there.

They won the Superbowl 1 year after his son died and he only coached 2 more years after he won so what the hell are you talking about? :wacko:

LMAO :lol:

I used to want Cowher, but he has done nothing but bash the Colts. Granted, a lot of his losses came from Manning when playing us, but he has never said anything good. Honestly, I want a person that will come in liking what we have to work with and doing something with it.

And I assumed gocolts was talking about that year his son died, we had a team that should have went to the SB. But I also agreed, it changed him. I completely understand why it changed him, but his heart just wasn't there.

His son died like week 16 of that season. So Dungy should have retired then? You would have had Caldwell as coach then and never have won a Superbowl.

Don't deny losing his son must have changed him but since Dungy went 12-4 and won the Superbowl, 12-4 and 13-3 after his son's death, I don't see where that reflects how it hurt the Colts.

Both before and after Dungy's kid died the Colts failed miserably in the playoffs. I just don't see where that had anything to do with it. :dunno:

His son died like week 16 of that season. So Dungy should have retired then? You would have had Caldwell as coach then and never have won a Superbowl.

Don't deny losing his son must have changed him but since Dungy went 12-4 and won the Superbowl, 12-4 and 13-3 after his son's death, I don't see where that reflects how it hurt the Colts.

Both before and after Dungy's kid died the Colts failed miserably in the playoffs. I just don't see where that had anything to do with it. :dunno:

Lose a son and see how it affects not only your life but the others around you.

But that is ok, I guess you are all knowing and we should just all respect that? Have a good day.

Lose a son and see how it affects not only your life but the others around you.

But that is ok, I guess you are all knowing and we should just all respect that? Have a good day.

So let me get this straight.......you guys actually blame Dungy for not winning enough Superbowls because his son died........... but now I'm the bad guy for saying the facts don't support it?

:lol:

So let me get this straight.......you guys actually blame Dungy for not winning enough Superbowls because his son died........... but now I'm the bad guy for saying the facts don't support it?

:lol:

No, you are perfect and know everything. I am conceeding that to you, to stroke your ego that you must need stroked. It is ok. You are RIGHT. I conceed it! You are the man.

:music_guitarred:

No, you are perfect and know everything. I am conceeding that to you, to stroke your ego that you must need stroked. It is ok. You are RIGHT. I conceed it! You are the man.

:music_guitarred:

DUMB

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Exactly.

I watched every game. Most every week there was something questionable that made think he is not the same man since his son died, and I can see why. Who would be.