Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Sodapop Curtis

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_peyton_manning_colts_neck_surgery_jim_irsay013012

People close to Peyton Manning are saying he won't be able to come back.

Tough deal. He really has no reason to though, other than loving the game. Hes won everything you could win and as far as Im concerned is easily in the top 5 quarterbacks of all time, maybe the top 3 of all time when viewed strictly from a talent perspective....which is the way it should be viewed from. Some QBs on incredibly monstrous teams won more titles but if you were starting a team from scratch, you'd be a fool not to have him as your starting QB or at least on the very short list.

He will probably end up coaching an offense or maybe even a QB coach at some point.

I wish him the best - and thank him for showing us the proper way to play the most important position on the field.

:cheers:

Tough deal. He really has no reason to though, other than loving the game. Hes won everything you could win and as far as Im concerned is easily in the top 5 quarterbacks of all time, maybe the top 3 of all time when viewed strictly from a talent perspective....which is the way it should be viewed from. Some QBs on incredibly monstrous teams won more titles but if you were starting a team from scratch, you'd be a fool not to have him as your starting QB or at least on the very short list.

He will probably end up coaching an offense or maybe even a QB coach at some point.

I wish him the best - and thank him for showing us the proper way to play the most important position on the field.

:cheers:

:cheers: Although nothing is official yet it sure is not looking good !

As a Pats fan, I have always rooted against Manning. But I hope he is still able to play for a couple of more years. Sad to see an injury force a guy out. Hopefully he ends up on an NFC team.

"He did it for Johnny man! He did it for Johnny!"

"Stay golden Pony Boy, stay golden..."

Local radio station has a pretty well respected Dr on weekly who has ties to a lot professional sports teams. His words were "if it were my son, I'd be telling him there's no way he should even considerin playing again". He mentioned the fusion and specifically the part about Peyton having to put his head down. He said because of the fused vertebrae, an impact with his head down puts that much more strain on the disks above and below it, which could cause a "catastrophic" injury under the right circumstances. I like Peyton and have been a fan for years, but I hope the guy hangs it up.