Sign in to follow this  
TwentyFourSeven

Chicago traded for Brandon Marshall

Could this be the reason the Fins traded him?

Ruh roh!

So, he punches a woman and is looking at a suspension. Big deal. Oh, wait. :unsure:

So, he punches a woman and is looking at a suspension. Big deal. Oh, wait. :unsure:

remember this is the NFL were talking about.. :overhead:

Well it shows what the Fins were thinking and that the Bears didn't "steal" him from them. His risk factor is even much higher than we even thought it was.

I still really like the move for the Bears. With their weakness at WR taking the chance on Marshall for what they gave up still looks like a win for the Bears even if there's a suspension for the latest incident. Hopefully the chick is just trying a money grab and nothing comes of it. :dunno:

Since the only other option was to throw more money at a lesser WR in V-Jax who is certainly no stranger to handcuffs either......

I still really like the move for the Bears. With their weakness at WR taking the chance on Marshall for what they gave up still looks like a win for the Bears even if there's a suspension for the latest incident.

As a Dolphins fan, I liked Marshall, I liked his competitiveness and his ability. I didn't like his attitude, the way he'd throw his QBs under the bus, and I especially disliked all of his crucial drops (I think he dropped five potential TD passes last season). I can see where Philbin would not want a diva WR who, while he caught a lot of passes and racked up yards, never seemed to be money when the game was on the line. That and I can only imagine the grief Flynn would be put through if he spreads the ball around as Philbin desires, with Marshall's numbers decreasing as a result.

And now hearing he's gotten in trouble *again* ... I'm not as upset as I was when the news first broke. I still hate losing the guy, but I can see why it was done, and why they didn't get great value for him. I can see him topping 100 catches with Cutler next season, he'll finally have a QB with a real arm throwing to him again.

As a Dolphins fan, I liked Marshall, I liked his competitiveness and his ability. I didn't like his attitude, the way he'd throw his QBs under the bus, and I especially disliked all of his crucial drops (I think he dropped five potential TD passes last season). I can see where Philbin would not want a diva WR who, while he caught a lot of passes and racked up yards, never seemed to be money when the game was on the line. That and I can only imagine the grief Flynn would be put through if he spreads the ball around as Philbin desires, with Marshall's numbers decreasing as a result.

And now hearing he's gotten in trouble *again* ... I'm not as upset as I was when the news first broke. I still hate losing the guy, but I can see why it was done, and why they didn't get great value for him. I can see him topping 100 catches with Cutler next season, he'll finally have a QB with a real arm throwing to him again.

To be fair, the Dolphins QB's do BELONG under a bus...

I thought it was a great move when he came here to Miami, but they will live to regret it like we have. I don't judge whether an athlete is good or bad based on who he is as a person but this guy makes me think twice, he's a special kind of Dbag. As a player he has great skills but he falls short when needed the most. Look at his tapes from last year and you'll see what Miami's record would be if he would have converted 5-7 specific drops. Then he makes those comments after the Pro-bowl, come on.

This guy has serious women issues and he openly admitted to have probably escalated the situation that led to Derrant Williams being shot and killed. Good Luck Chi-town, you already had the Dbaggiest QB in the NFL now you have Marshall. Thank god you have Forte and don't be surprised if he and Marshall go at it during the year when he bitches about touches.

I thought it was a great move when he came here to Miami, but they will live to regret it like we have. I don't judge whether an athlete is good or bad based on who he is as a person but this guy makes me think twice, he's a special kind of Dbag. As a player he has great skills but he falls short when needed the most. Look at his tapes from last year and you'll see what Miami's record would be if he would have converted 5-7 specific drops. Then he makes those comments after the Pro-bowl, come on.

This guy has serious women issues and he openly admitted to have probably escalated the situation that led to Derrant Williams being shot and killed. Good Luck Chi-town, you already had the Dbaggiest QB in the NFL now you have Marshall. Thank god you have Forte and don't be surprised if he and Marshall go at it during the year when he bitches about touches.

hey, the guy has bi-polar-schitzophrenic-premenstrual-multiplepersonality-douschebaggy-gelatinbrain-dipsh!t disorder...give him a break. :rolleyes:

I'm aware that it's early, but where do you guys rank Marshall now that he is in Chicago?

Top 15? Top 10? Top 5?