Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Do you listen to Audio Books

So I am a long time ebook reader and this series that I am reading (W.E.B. Griffin "The Presidential Agent" series) I could not locate it on the interwebs and my local library only had it in Audio book form. I figured I'd give it a shot.

I HATE IT. Too many "He Said" "Said Carlos" "Carlos Replied" - and the reader trying to sound Russian or (male) trying to sound female. IT IS BRUTAL.

Gonna stick this one out and go back to buying the book if I cannot "acquire it" my way......... :bandana:

Just a couple of times...on long cars rides just to have something different to do. Not a huge fan...to me...it's like listening to those old times radio shows before they had TV. That would of sucked to have that as your big entertainment.

Just a couple of times...on long cars rides just to have something different to do. Not a huge fan...to me...it's like listening to those old times radio shows before they had TV. That would of sucked to have that as your big entertainment.

More than a ######/retard fight between Newbie and RP?

More than a ######/retard fight between Newbie and RP?

I think those two shitbags have a secret pact to ruin the board. :wave:

So I am a long time ebook reader and this series that I am reading (W.E.B. Griffin "The Presidential Agent" series) I could not locate it on the interwebs and my local library only had it in Audio book form. I figured I'd give it a shot.

I HATE IT. Too many "He Said" "Said Carlos" "Carlos Replied" - and the reader trying to sound Russian or (male) trying to sound female. IT IS BRUTAL.

Gonna stick this one out and go back to buying the book if I cannot "acquire it" my way......... :bandana:

This.

I used to have a 5 hour commute that I would drive every Friday and then Sunday. You learn to like audiobooks.

It was the only way I was ever gonna get through Atlas Shrugged. I also got into some Economics books, such as the Road to Serfdom by Hayek and a Peter Schiff book on the 'coming collapse' which was written in 2005. It was eery to listen to his predictions (which were DEAD ON) 3 years before it happened.

I have a short attention span unless it's something I REALLY enjoy to learn about. Reading has always been difficult for me because I'd read something, and it would make me think of something similar in my life, or I'd try to scenario it in my head and then BAM...I'm off down some other fuckin bunny trail in my mind, but all while long, I'm still reading the book, but not absorbing anything.

I'd have to go back and re-read stuff, and it was just too hard to stay focused. Audiobooks help me because I don't have to do the work of reading it AND absorbing it.

Cue the 'BLS is a retard' jokes.