Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Order is now set

From="themoz49@yahoo.com"

To="owners"

Subject="mffl Draft Order"

moz has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the mffl league. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm?id=49868

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:

1 - joc

2 - ahill

3 - LBH

4 - hellothere

5 - megla

6 - gepetto

7 - famous III

8 - delay

9 - bb06

10 - ww

11 - moz

12 - skibum

Regards,

FFToolbox.com

I had everyone sent this email but White Wonder as I couldn't find his -- sorry man -- but you got a great slot if you choose to keep a certain player.

11th has me totally torn -- leaning towards not keeping anyone anyway.

Joc I would gladly trade you slots for a 4th round pick swap. not a big price to pay when you got a keeper and the 1st overall pick you would have to give up let me know.

Getting McCoy at #7 overall ain't bad... Doubt I can pull Matthews as my #2 at 2.6 though...

Time to start digging into who I'll be loooking at in rounds 2 and 3...

i will PM you my e-mail Moz just incase you need it throughout the season.

i was actually hoping for an earlier pick. i'll think on it but may end up keeping the guy i really didn't want to have to keep :thumbsdown:

i will PM you my e-mail Moz just incase you need it throughout the season.

i was actually hoping for an earlier pick. i'll think on it but may end up keeping the guy i really didn't want to have to keep :thumbsdown:

ill trade you my #8 for ur #10. :thumbsup:

Pick #1 BLOWS - - HOW FOCKING BAD IS THAT :thumbsdown:

I'll get a sh!tty WR and a sh!tty rb to match up with CJ2K by the time I get to pick again at 2.12. 23 players off the board :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I'll get a sh!tty WR and a sh!tty rb to match up with CJ2K by the time I get to pick again at 2.12. 23 players off the board :thumbsdown:

FYI, I had the #2 pick last year... :music_guitarred:

I'll get a sh!tty WR and a sh!tty rb to match up with CJ2K by the time I get to pick again at 2.12. 23 players off the board :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I made you a decent trade offer if you want it. you only lose 10 slots in the 4th to trade draft positions with me when I have the 11th pick. better let me know soon though. can't beleive youre not all over this. but do what ya gotta do.

I made you a decent trade offer if you want it. you only lose 10 slots in the 4th to trade draft positions with me when I have the 11th pick. better let me know soon though.

I play the hand I'm delt :cheers:

I just printed out rankings for all the positions.

I'm using my secret ancient formula...

2X(3y-7z) + player X to the tenth over .5 for my 23rd and 24th picks. I like my value here. BTW I will not be taking Michael Turner ever on one of my teams. Especially a PPR league :nono:

I play the hand I'm delt :cheers:

I just printed out rankings for all the positions.

I'm using my secret ancient formula...

2X(3y-7z) + player X to the tenth over .5 for my 23rd and 24th picks. I like my value here. BTW I will not be taking Michael Turner ever on one of my teams. Especially a PPR league :nono:

In the offer I made you -- its a big advantage to you as your keeping CJ at 1.1 .... so you don't want a trade in your favor?

I think since Jocstrap already declared his keeper of CJIII, he's already used his 1.1 pick, so I don't see how anyone should be able to trade for it. Does anyone else agree with me that something doesn't seem quite right? sorry Moz, maybe I'm wrong.

I think since Jocstrap already declared his keeper of CJIII, he's already used his 1.1 pick, so I don't see how anyone should be able to trade for it. Does anyone else agree with me that something doesn't seem quite right? sorry Moz, maybe I'm wrong.

maybe youre right -- jocstrap passed on a hell of a trade for him

I 100% declare CJ2K as my keeper. Not sure why me trading positions isn't allowed though? I would be giving up 10 spots in the 4th round if I swapped 1.1 with Moz.

What your are saying then is that all owners keeping a player can't make a draft position trade? It shouldn't matter if you're keeping somebody or not imo. If I can't make a 1st round trade, how can I make a 2nd round trade and so forth?

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I should be allowed to explore options even if I'm keeping somebody. Same goes with Famous and anybody else who declares a keeper. :dunno:

I 100% declare CJ2K as my keeper. Not sure why me trading positions isn't allowed though? I would be giving up 10 spots in the 4th round if I swapped 1.1 with Moz.

What your are saying then is that all owners keeping a player can't make a draft position trade? It shouldn't matter if you're keeping somebody or not imo. If I can't make a 1st round trade, how can I make a 2nd round trade and so forth?

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I should be allowed to explore options even if I'm keeping somebody. Same goes with Famous and anybody else who declares a keeper. :dunno:

I emailed HT with a simmilar deal -- I agree with Joc but I am not going to casue league uproar either -- the deal with Joc I offered was a no brainer for him and I can't believe he didn't jump on it ( would have gotten CJ at 1.11 ) and been able to pair him with a stud in round 2 all the while only giving up 10 slots in the 4th ) but hey...

i don't have any problems with it personally... technically we haven't been officially locked into keepers yet - some of us have just declared because it's flat out obvious. if you want to "penalize" joc for just stating the obvious and being open, i guess then next year we all have to be dooshes and wait until the last second to declare our keepers... heck, there also might wind up being someone unknown and hidden penalty for making picks too fast, so we all better wait out the 24-hour clock on that too to make certain we don't accidentally handcuff ourselves. <_<

OK, I've got no problem with it. It just seemed odd. Moz, you're creative with your trade offers, I'll give you that! :cheers:

i don't have any problems with it personally... technically we haven't been officially locked into keepers yet - some of us have just declared because it's flat out obvious. if you want to "penalize" joc for just stating the obvious and being open, i guess then next year we all have to be dooshes and wait until the last second to declare our keepers... heck, there also might wind up being someone unknown and hidden penalty for making picks too fast, so we all better wait out the 24-hour clock on that too to make certain we don't accidentally handcuff ourselves. <_<

Didn't mean it because he declared already. Just wanted clarification for after everyone declares their keeper (or no-keeper).

I emailed HT with a simmilar deal -- I agree with Joc but I am not going to casue league uproar either -- the deal with Joc I offered was a no brainer for him and I can't believe he didn't jump on it ( would have gotten CJ at 1.11 ) and been able to pair him with a stud in round 2 all the while only giving up 10 slots in the 4th ) but hey...

I just made it back in town this late afternoon. I saw that I was the #1 pick after declaring CJ2K but it doesn't matter anyway. I then went to the home page where somebody posted a top 200 ff list for 2012 from cbssportsline.

If I stay at 1.1 then get to choose from players 23-28 when it comes back to me I get players(according to cbssportsline) like Nicks, Murray, Bradshaw, Graham, Jennings, Gore

then spots 47-55 I get choices of Manning, Witten, Colston, Marshall, Vernon, Ryan, Steve Smith, Julio, Bowe, Wells

I think I'm ok taking 2 of those guys from example 1 and 2 of those guys from example 2 ;)

Don't worry about me Moz, and giving up your great offer! :cheers:

Can draft pick trade (with or without a keeper) be made through the MFFL 2012 league site? Or just communicate trade offers through email?

OK, I've got no problem with it. It just seemed odd. Moz, you're creative with your trade offers, I'll give you that! :cheers:

oh well I tried I thought it was a slam dunk but the man refuses to trade :( maybe i can work something with HT

Can draft pick trade (with or without a keeper) be made through the MFFL 2012 league site? Or just communicate trade offers through email?

email till I set everything up after the draft

Let the new guy chime in here.

1. This entire issue could have been avoided by having everyone declare their keepers BEFORE draft order being announced. I think announcing the draft order first made it too easy for someone on the back end with no keeper quality players to make those kinds of offers.

for what its worth i offered Joc pick 10 but rather than swapping 4th's I was offering a complete draft slate swap through 5 rounds. (this is better than Moz's offer as Joc gets pick 2.3 and all he really loses in the end is position in round 5)

2. i get where gepetto is coming from in the fact that Joc announced his keeper already. If we go by any sort of rule that once you announce thats who you keep, then Joc technically did use his 1st round pick. but i dont actually think keepers are set in stone? so i see no reason he couldnt make a trade prior to next sunday when keepers are due.

3. i think we should allow trades during the draft as long as the trade is complete before either party comes on the clock. this would eliminate any draft hijacking. :thumbsup:

Let the new guy chime in here.

1. This entire issue could have been avoided by having everyone declare their keepers BEFORE draft order being announced. I think announcing the draft order first made it too easy for someone on the back end with no keeper quality players to make those kinds of offers.

for what its worth i offered Joc pick 10 but rather than swapping 4th's I was offering a complete draft slate swap through 5 rounds. (this is better than Moz's offer as Joc gets pick 2.3 and all he really loses in the end is position in round 5)

2. i get where gepetto is coming from in the fact that Joc announced his keeper already. If we go by any sort of rule that once you announce thats who you keep, then Joc technically did use his 1st round pick. but i dont actually think keepers are set in stone? so i see no reason he couldnt make a trade prior to next sunday when keepers are due.

3. i think we should allow trades during the draft as long as the trade is complete before either party comes on the clock. this would eliminate any draft hijacking. :thumbsup:

Nice input WW :thumbsup:

If I recall correctly, this is our first year to actually use a draft randominzer in a couple of years. B4 we each selected a team in the actaul NFL playoffs. Depending on how your team finished, that's how you selected your draft position the following year. If you chose SF this year, you would've had the 3 or 4 draft selection position, depending on highest point total from SF and Balt. You would've had the 3rd choice on where you wanted to draft. You could then pick the 9 hole or 2 hole if they weren't taken.

I see both sides of somebody wanting to trade with me and somebody thinking it's not fair since I've declared a keeper for the 1.1 pick.

There have always been trades througout the draft, so I'm sure that will continue. Perhaps you are correct though in the process of declaring a keeper or not 1st, then setting a draft order. Then again, what good would it do? So we all have our keepers or not set - We find out the draft order - people still should be able to make trades regardless of the information on the board. What really matters is if you like you options after a trade is complete. Do you like not having that early 4th round/5th round pick so your 3rd round pick is that much higher? That's for each owner to decide.

I think there is a lot of integrity in this league. This is another instance where examples of pros and cons can go each way. I really don't care and will play by what the league or what Moz's thinks is correct :cheers:

Joc was smart to reject that trade offer from Moz. Sure, it helps Joc's team, but it's not fair value, because it helps Moz much more and Joc is playing against Moz in this league (obviously) so he has to protect from making another team (Moz in this scenerio) too strong. It would be an unfair thing to do though. Look, I pick 6, so say LBH stays put with no keeper, and 4 others trade up to fill up the spots in front of me and they all have no keepers. The guys with keepers that traded down in the first improve their 4th round pick or whatever, and then all those keepers are kept at the end of round 1 and an extra 4 players go in front of my pick. That's messed up.

There have always been trades througout the draft, so I'm sure that will continue.

when i joined i read the thread in here about league rules. looked like it hadn't been updated in a while maybe? but i recall reading that trading was not allowed during the draft.

- NO TRADING DURING DRAFT - This is the single thing that makes Slow drafts incredibly painful for all involved.

Joc was smart to reject that trade offer from Moz. Sure, it helps Joc's team, but it's not fair value, because it helps Moz much more and Joc is playing against Moz in this league (obviously) so he has to protect from making another team (Moz in this scenerio) too strong. It would be an unfair thing to do though. Look, I pick 6, so say LBH stays put with no keeper, and 4 others trade up to fill up the spots in front of me and they all have no keepers. The guys with keepers that traded down in the first improve their 4th round pick or whatever, and then all those keepers are kept at the end of round 1 and an extra 4 players go in front of my pick. That's messed up.

but one could argue that would be your fault for resting on your laurels? not trying to stir anything up just saying

when i joined i read the thread in here about league rules. looked like it hadn't been updated in a while maybe? but i recall reading that trading was not allowed during the draft

but one could argue that would be your fault for resting on your laurels? not trying to stir anything up just saying

I could've sworn there were trades last year...

Maybe Gepetto would like to trade up to the 1.1 position and give me his 3rd round pick for my 5th round pick! Now I would definitely be up for something like that for the 1.1 calculator. Do I get his next year's #2 pick no matter what as well!

I'm actually considering trading down (giving up either 1.6 or Adrian Peterson), maybe give up my 2nd round pick in yet another trade. I think I might like to get extra/multiple picks in rounds 2, 3, 4, and/or 5.

I'm actually considering trading down (giving up either 1.6 or Adrian Peterson), maybe give up my 2nd round pick in yet another trade. I think I might like to get extra/multiple picks in rounds 2, 3, 4, and/or 5.

make me an offer also I have no intertest in AD

For clarification, I thought we couldn't trade players currently on our rosters for picks? Ie, I couldn't trade Matthews for someone's say fifth rounder, right?

For clarification, I thought we couldn't trade players currently on our rosters for picks? Ie, I couldn't trade Matthews for someone's say fifth rounder, right?

No way can that happen. You don't have Matthews anymore. That's last year's roster. :dry:

I'm ready to draft right now

I'd like to see what happens in the draft, then I'm ready :cheers:

looking to move down in round 4 / up in round 5. PM me if interested

I have the 2.01 and i am willing to move out of the second round completely in exchange for a 3rd rounder and also moving up from a late round pick to a mid round pick.

glad I couldn't trade up to 1.1 I would of taken Calvin -- he is on the madden Cover :unsure: