Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Homers Report

Patriots

Brandon Lloyd looks good, should be a big part of the offense

Aaron Hernandez looks unstoppable, could be in for a big year

Jabar Gaffney might be a decent late-round flyer...Brady loves him and they've been connecting well in camp.

Ridley is likely going to take the "starting" RB job, Vereen may not be worth drafting at all. Keep your eye out for the UDFA RB Bolden. He's been looking good in camp and drew praise from Belichick. Went to same school as BJGE too.

Basically only the RB info is super-helpful. Yeah Lloyd and Hernandez should be in for good years, but there's still Gronk and Welker too. Not everybody can have a huge season.

Update on the Pats: Shane Vereen is coming on strong. Not just the first preseason game but also the last couple weeks of camp. He could really eat into Ridley's time.

Gaffney is apparently being pushed hard by Stallworth for the #3WR spot. I previously liked Gaffney as a very late-round flyer, but at this point it's probably just best to monitor him on the waiver wire.

Redskins

With RG3 and WR additions look for the offense to be much more prolific this year. Great defense will keep the team in games.

QB

obviously the messiah named RG3 is on the the roster. But if you're looking for Newton like number you'll most likely be disappointed. Shanny will do everything in his power to protect the new QB. While he'll definitely run some, he will look to make most of his plays passing. Current ADP of QB 9-10 taken is about right with definite upside.

WRs

Garcon is exploding in camp and will absolutely own the #1 job plus he is already building nice chemistry with RG3. Look for 900yards/ 8TD year with slight upside. Good value in the 3rd

Hankerson has the #2 spot all but locked up. Has looked good in camp and will build on his 1 big game in 2011. Look for 600+ yards 5TD year.

Moss is taking the slot spot and will sometime lineup outside. He is an interesting prospect this year and worth a late flyer. Dropped 10 pounds and looking to once again be a major threat. Definitely worth a flyer in 9+ round with huge upside (Hank like numbers)

Don't sleep on Morgan - if any of the top 3 get injured, he can step in and play any of the positions well. Not draftable though.

TE

Davis - Even though he is in a contract year, he hasn't looked great in camp. Still about a #6,7 overall TE but i wouldn't take an early chance on him unless he bounces back in the 2nd and 3rd preseason game. Something doesn't feel right, keep an eye on him.

Paulsen/ Cooley are not a factor.

RB's

Shanny is back to his old shenanigans.. Helu has the best upside but injuries have kept him out of the lineup. Royster looked alright in 1st preseason game, Davis is an interesting prospect and Hightower is looking to make a comeback. To be honest i would not draft any Skins RB until very late in the draft, unless one of them separates themselves in the next couple of preseason games and even then mid round is the earliest i'd go. Let someone else take an early flyer and then donkey punch their gf/ wife when the "supposed starter" gets 6 carries.

Defense

Look for them to be a top 10 D this year. Dline is the definite strength of the team and don't let the safety carousel scare you off, they'll play better then expected. i believe that D will take a major step forward this year and give some teams hell.

Redskins

WRs

Garcon is exploding in camp and will absolutely own the #1 job plus he is already building nice chemistry with RG3. Look for 900yards/ 8TD year with slight upside. Good value in the 3rd

Hankerson has the #2 spot all but locked up. Has looked good in camp and will build on his 1 big game in 2011. Look for 600+ yards 5TD year.

Moss is taking the slot spot and will sometime lineup outside. He is an interesting prospect this year and worth a late flyer. Dropped 10 pounds and looking to once again be a major threat. Definitely worth a flyer in 9+ round with huge upside (Hank like numbers)

Don't sleep on Morgan - if any of the top 3 get injured, he can step in and play any of the positions well. Not draftable

Defense

Look for them to be a top 10 D this year. Dline is the definite strength of the team and don't let the safety carousel scare you off, they'll play better then expected. i believe that D will take a major step forward this year and give some teams hell.

Steelers fan living in DC here. Nice summary. Agree that Garçon is looking great in camp - really quick and explosive. Moss actually lost a total of 15 lbs and is once again very quick into his breaks as well as coming out of them. He will be deadly in the slot - not a weekly ff starter but could have periodic big games. Hankerson also looks very good. I'm pretty surprised so far - there could be some real upside here when I originally thought they were mediocre at best.

Defense has some hidden gems. Their front seven is very strong. They play a 3-4 with likely a lot of cover 3. They may end up being able to rotate 6 very good d-lineman (bowen, cofield, carriker, jenkins, baker, golston). 2nd year de Jarvis Jenkins is back from acl injury last year And in the past week has started to show some of the flashes of dominance he showed in pre- season as a rookie last year. The lb corp is really good and compares well to my beloved steelers. Fletcher was nfl leading tackler last year and orakpro and Kerrigan bring pressure off the edge. Orakpo has been working on a swim move that appears to be pretty effective. Hidden gem and sleeper For all you IDP players is lb perry Riley - he is about to explode onto the scene. By year end, this could one of the top lb corps in the league. Looks like safeties may be ok and play fine. Weak spot, to me, is cb#2 - they are probably moving deangelo hall to slot on 3 wr sets and unclear if they have a capable cb2 in those situations.

Giants fans take:

QB - Don't expect the offense to throw as much as they did a year ago as they are always looking for balance. The offense should be explosive this year and Eli can be inked in for 4000 yards, 30TD, and 14-16Ints.

RB - Bradshaw should be solid and have seen no issues with the foot in camp. He runs hard so expect some dings along the way but he is also tough and can play through. He may see more goalie carries this year with Jacob gone, but don't expect more carries overall. DJ Ware is a veteran who they are comfortable in using and will continue to do so. David Wilson is the most explosive player I have seen in a Giant uniform. He is going to pop some big runs for sure. He will be limited in opportunities by all the little and mental things most importantly blitz pickup (which Bradshaw is great at by the way), no mistakes with the playbook, ball security, things like that.

WR - Cruz is a stud. Nicks is cleared off the PUP and will be in week 1 without a setback. 3rd spot is highly contested and some writers are talking committee. I think its between Hixon and Ruben Randle. Hixon is the veteran and very solid, but Randle is going to be a very good player someday. If we are talking ff playoffs, I say Randle is the guy.

TE - Dallas fans will tell you Bennett has flashed before but he has never had an opportunity like this before buried behind Witten. I can only comment on what I have seen and that's that they Giants have not had a talent like this at the position since Shockey and M Bennett is going to create some challenges for defenses. I would take him as a fantasy starter and get great value in the deal.

Miami here.

We suck! Rookie QB with no receiver threat. Bess may be a sneaky ppr only option (75 catches possibly) and no TE at all.

I DO, however, like Reggie Bush in a ppr format as well. Daniel Thomas is very slow and can't hit a hole. Bush has also been lining at receive a lot this offseason,

Pick our kicker Dan Carpenter in the first round because we may not score an offensive TD all season long!

TE - Dallas fans will tell you Bennett has flashed before but he has never had an opportunity like this before buried behind Witten. I can only comment on what I have seen and that's that they Giants have not had a talent like this at the position since Shockey and M Bennett is going to create some challenges for defenses. I would take him as a fantasy starter and get great value in the deal.

Ballard had 38 receptions on 60 targets for 604/4 last year. Even if Bennett gets 20% more production he's looking at 45/720/5 - hardly TE1 numbers.