Sign in to follow this  
Derrick

Any fantasy football questions?

I'll get right on that bro. But first I have to return some video tapes.

Cool story, Bro. Thanks for the support.

Here's my question, although I feel like it needs quite a bit of league info to actually answer, so I'll try to get it all in there.

8 team league. 4 keepers. Yahoo Standard Scoring + PPR. Have to turn in our keepers at end of season, so this is who I have:

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew

WR: Mike Wallace

WR: Hakeem Nicks

I have the first overall pick. Aaron Rodgers was not kept. He is by far the best player on the board and only 3 teams kept a QB. As you can see by my keepers, I need some help, especially since Jones-Drew and Wallace are up in the air for now. I would like to get a trade for that 1st pick but what should I be asking for? Swap 1st round picks + ?

Here's my question, although I feel like it needs quite a bit of league info to actually answer, so I'll try to get it all in there.

8 team league. 4 keepers. Yahoo Standard Scoring + PPR. Have to turn in our keepers at end of season, so this is who I have:

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew

WR: Mike Wallace

WR: Hakeem Nicks

I have the first overall pick. Aaron Rodgers was not kept. He is by far the best player on the board and only 3 teams kept a QB. As you can see by my keepers, I need some help, especially since Jones-Drew and Wallace are up in the air for now. I would like to get a trade for that 1st pick but what should I be asking for? Swap 1st round picks + ?

You're in a pretty good position because worst case scenario is you have to pick Rodgers and then deal one of your two stud qbs. Rodgers is definitely worth a number 1 rb or wr, plus a swap of picks. He is one of the safest bets to be a top fantasy scorer this year. I would shop the pick see who values it the most, but I would not settle for less than a loaded pkg. If the Rice/Foster/McCoy owener would swap straight up, I'd like that deal. But a package that I would like for example would be Jamaal Charles type (someone in that 10-15 rb range) plus Steve Johnson (wr near 20) plus the 1st rd pick swap. This way you add depth to your team in case MJD and Wallace hold out. My gut is telling me they will both be back. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

People ask questions and there are intriguing conversations all over these boards...yet you have to create your own thread to get people to ask you questions. It's a tip, if people don't know who you are or what your selling, then they probably don't give a fock.

P.S. Your twitter account is bullshite... begging athletes and uppers for retweets. If you spent more time on having a real take on things maybe I would have followed you.

Standard scoring league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, D/st, kicker. I'm picking 8 of 14. My worst case is:

Rodgers

Brady

Foster

Rice

McCoy

CJ2K

Calvin

...off the board. I hate taking a QB early - I feel you miss out on many superior values late. But I think Brees is the best Bauer and Forte is the safest pick at this spot.

Who do you take at this spot? I'm very tempted to go Forte or McFadden.

Thanks.

People ask questions and there are intriguing conversations all over these boards...yet you have to create your own thread to get people to ask you questions. It's a tip, if people don't know who you are or what your selling, then they probably don't give a fock.

P.S. Your twitter account is bullshite... begging athletes and uppers for retweets. If you spent more time on having a real take on things maybe I would have followed you.

I mean I'm not the only person who comes on here and says ask questions. I'm just offering to help. That is all. If you ask me for advice and you don't like it, that's fine. The beauty of twitter is getting your name out there, so our perspectives can be heard by more. Just trying to help (or offer help) to as many as possible.

Standard scoring league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, D/st, kicker. I'm picking 8 of 14. My worst case is:

Rodgers

Brady

Foster

Rice

McCoy

CJ2K

Calvin

...off the board. I hate taking a QB early - I feel you miss out on many superior values late. But I think Brees is the best Bauer and Forte is the safest pick at this spot.

Who do you take at this spot? I'm very tempted to go Forte or McFadden.

Thanks.

Ya you are in a rough spot here. This is one year where a top 5 pick is so ideal. The way I see it is to go with Brees. He's the best player here and there's no possible vulture (Michael Bush) threatening him, and he is coming off an injury. McFadden will get injured. If you pick Brees, you put him in and you have no headaches. Then when your picks come up in round 2/rd 3 you can get a top TE (if they fall) or end up with a combo of AP or Charles type then a Richardson or Bradshaw type. I'd try to hold off on the wr's because in rounds 4-7 there are some monsters still available. Best of luck! Hopefully one of those top guys falls into your lap.

Not concerned that N.O. head coach is suspended? It makes me a little worried about Brees's production this year.

Not concerned that N.O. head coach is suspended? It makes me a little worried about Brees's production this year.

Not really concerned. I think that Drew Brees is capable of running that offense even without Payton due to his experience and the multitude of talent around him. Even if he does drop off a little, I can't see him out of the top 5.

I'm just wondering how I can get in a 10 team league. I heard that ###### is pretty competitive.

Agreed. Very difficult for us to get any more than that since it is a true dynasty league where you keep 16 players and most people cannot commit to more than one year. We typically have to replace one or two a year which is difficult enough. My 12 team redraft league has not drafted yet.