Sign in to follow this  
jwoods34

brandon weeden?

i am a cowboys fan and i laugh. how do you give a rookie quarterback the starting job before he even throws a pass. when you have mccoy who has showed some spark. then mccoy out plays him in pre season. i gues the browns will always be the browns.

Cause Colt McCoy was just that horrible last year when he had his chance.. Weeden showed how much better he was in the first weekend of training camp! Don't forget that the entire staff is on the hot seat now that the Browns were sold, so they are going with who they think can help win NOW! Colt is small and has a weak arm, he will be a great backup if he keeps his mouth shut.

They both suck.

Just from the outside looking in...I believe you are a cowboy fan and a longhorn fan and you cry not laugh since your boy McCoy has been replaced because he is TERRIBLE!!!

McCoy is a flop as an NFL starter. That a guy with a couple years experience plays decently vs the vanilla schemes of pre-season is no big deal.

Honestly, I think Weeden will be awful this year. That whole team will be. They'll compete for the worst record in football. But as a Browns fan/coach you have to hope that he takes his lumps and improves coming into next year.

That's what McCoy never showed he could do.

McCoy is a flop as an NFL starter. That a guy with a couple years experience plays decently vs the vanilla schemes of pre-season is no big deal.

Honestly, I think Weeden will be awful this year. That whole team will be. They'll compete for the worst record in football. But as a Browns fan/coach you have to hope that he takes his lumps and improves coming into next year.

That's what McCoy never showed he could do.

This is correct. Weeden will be terrible, but they have no choice but to start him. He is already an old man in rookie terms, and they won't have the luxury of developing him slowly. They throw him in, and see if he floats. Worse case scenario they are drafting for Matt Barkley, and Weeden gets to eat 2 years of shite will Barkley develops and the crap works its way out of the plumbing.

EDIT: forgot to mention that because of the new CBA the rookie QB's aren't getting these absurd guarantee's so if they have to cutbait on these guys they don't look stupid after paying them Jamarcus Russell money. I could see some teams literally running a turn style at QB through the draft until they hit on one they like.

What I don't get is why the Browns would draft a 29 year old QB in the first round anyway? When they could've outbid the Skins for RG3 or gone after Flynn on the cheap. Weeden isn't much of a risk money wise but even if he pans out, he'll already be well into his 30s by the time he's a worthwhile starter.

What I don't get is why the Browns would draft a 29 year old QB in the first round anyway? When they could've outbid the Skins for RG3 or gone after Flynn on the cheap. Weeden isn't much of a risk money wise but even if he pans out, he'll already be well into his 30s by the time he's a worthwhile starter.

they tried to get RG3 Holmgren admitted it..As far as Flynn he is riding Pine( he was not that cheap)..I actually surprised there have not been more Browns should have drafted Russel Wilson posts since you know like every other rookie QB has yet to win a game.