Sign in to follow this  
Stewburtx8

The Return of the Elf Challenge

Up to 14....need 6 more by Sunday at 1. I would like to fill it with FFToday'ers (or friends) but I'll make sure it fills on Sunday if I have to.

got another buddy to play gridironbulley

Im in bitchiz. The 60k cap seems a little high but i am a noober so maybe its the perfect amount. I could use some extra dough and this is the perfect way to earn it. EZ money.

Im in bitchiz. The 60k cap seems a little high but i am a noober so maybe its the perfect amount. I could use some extra dough and this is the perfect way to earn it. EZ money.

:pointstosky: :cheers: Going forward I will probably change the cap to $55K (expert).

We need 4 more to fill this thing. Let's get it filled.

Can you get the league filled sooner by opening it up to the public at some point? The challenges were fun last year, but there was more suspense preceding the game than during it. I had to keep checking anxiously to see if it was going to run or if I should lay my 10-spot down elsewhere.

i would assume stew will open it to the public tomorrow in order to fill, especially as we have 16 already.

My 55k line up in the public

expert.

QB Matthew StaffordSTL@DET$9,300

RB Ronnie BrownSD@OAK$4,500

RB Kevin SmithSTL@DET$5,000

WR Calvin JohnsonSTL@DET$8,400

WR Malcom FloydSD@OAK$5,700

WR Eric DeckerPIT@DEN$6,000

TE Brent CelekPHI@CLE$5,300

K Sebastian JanikowskiSD@OAK$5,400

Bears defense vs. Indy

Public $55k $109 buy in, 10 team, 1st $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $200

QB Robert Griffin 3 $7100

RB Michael Turner $6400

RB DeAngelo Williams $5700

WR Percy Harvin $6600

WR Pierre Garcon $5800

WR Malcom Floyd $5700

TE Jimmy Graham $7500

K Nick Folk $5000

Def NE @ Titans $5000

Team domination right hur.

Can you get the league filled sooner by opening it up to the public at some point? The challenges were fun last year, but there was more suspense preceding the game than during it. I had to keep checking anxiously to see if it was going to run or if I should lay my 10-spot down elsewhere.

Berven- These contest will ALWAYS fill. It is very easy to open it to the public in the chat and get it filled on Sundays if need by. Last year I was new to Fanduel and didn't know how everything works.

Good luck to everyone in their other Fanduel leagues this week. I got 4 entries in the FFFC, an entry in the $30K Tournament, and some smaller entries.

Signed up. :banana:

Nice team this week. Hopefully you played it in a bunch of contests. I'm hoping McFadden pulls me into 2nd or 3rd at least. I threw a bunch of entries in the FFFC and in some overlays in the tournaments, but don't know if I'll cash much of anything there (I got several players to go in some of them). Should win my $25 5 man with this same roster though...and cash in some other small contests.

I also through a bunch of teams in the Draftkings $50K guaranteed tournament that had about $20K in overlay. Currently sitting nicely with some teams but I'm going to get caught by McFadden and/or Rice for any big money I think. Fun first week though...

i'm subscribing to samesong&dances news letter :first:

i'm subscribing to samesong&dances news letter :first:

I only need this stat line from McFadden to catch him: 160+ total yards, 2 TD's, 2+ receptions. :ninja:

last year when our challenges did not fill up..,we would post it in the chat...,a guy with the screen name hollaphant joined a few ..,was looking at his stats & it says he has won over $200,000 :shocking: within one year..!! you think you can make any money combing the public posts???

i dont get it...,seems if you played stafford you took it up the rear & if you played ryan your cashing out

Thanks guys, I played very similar teams across the board (Ryan, Julio, K.Smith) but just a few differences had me just finishing with in the money so I didn't win a whole lot. Either way, I'm looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup:

last year when our challenges did not fill up..,we would post it in the chat...,a guy with the screen name hollaphant joined a few ..,was looking at his stats & it says he has won over $200,000 :shocking: within one year..!! you think you can make any money combing the public posts???

i dont get it...,seems if you played stafford you took it up the rear & if you played ryan your cashing out

Just remember that "winnings" on there is not profit. Winnings is just the total amount won on all games but doesn't include losses. So someone with a large bankroll may have a lot of "winnings" but you really don't know their profit. For example, it shows that I have $35K or so in "winnings." I did have one big $12K score in the DFBC, but my actual profit isn't much greater than that. I would assume most people's profit isn't much greater than 10-15% of winnings at most unless they had a big win....and some of them are probably closer to breakeven (or even losing players overall).

But yes, a lot of guys like Hollaphant and other high volume players on there are constantly snatching up contests posted in chat as well as any heads up matches posted by "newbies." It is your best bet on there to only accept games and not post them, otherwise you are likely to be playing very good players.

I'm not even checking results this week. Major Dwill and Stafford fails.

I had the same thing in the Peter King Challenge and still finished 143. Should have gone with my gut of Ryan over Stafford.

I have to say this, fanduel is damned addictive.

I had the same thing in the Peter King Challenge and still finished 143. Should have gone with my gut of Ryan over Stafford.

I have to say this, fanduel is damned addictive.

:lol: I was in that Peter King challenge. I also used Stafford. Finished 35th and won $3. :clap: Somehow I have Matt Ryan in all 3 of my season long leagues and didn't pick him once on Fanduel (or Draftkings) this week. :wall:

Yes, Fanduel and daily fantasy sports are incredibly addictive. I first started playing last year with these challenges once a week, then I found myself playing college hoops and NBA, then baseball, and now back to football. Had a couple big wins along the way which pretty much hooked me in for good. Over the last year it seems like the site has almost doubled it's volume of players.

:wall: was one point away from the $

I thought I had it in the bag. With Julio and Garcon tearing it up I thought I was money after the first set of games. Then Rodgers sucks it up and Deangelo ends up with one of the worst performances I have ever seen. Is the Bucs rush defense actually improved or was it just a fluke? I was licking my chops this week for starting Bradshaw but I am not so confident now.