Sign in to follow this  
fantasy master

Waiver Wire

I need a back up QB ..... I have Vick and no back up as Im going to drop flynn for ..... One of these guys

Russell Wilson

Christian Ponder

Jake Locker

Sam Bradford

Who should I take and why?

Locker and Wilson have the better team/offenses surrounding them. I'd say Locker, Wilson, Ponder then Bradford.

I too like Wilson. I might also suggest Gabbert - I know how bad he was last year, but he has much better weapons, a coach who knows how to build a QB, and they haven't looked half bad in the fake games.

Foles.

I have Vick and I'm using Andy Dalton as a backup. I was thinking about dropping Dalton for Foles though. I'd probably go with Wilson or Locker above Foles but they are both taken in my league.

I have Vick as my QB as well. Didn't draft a backup, but after re-thinking it I grabbed RWilson on the WW over Locker/Ponder/Cassel.

Think he has the most upside. Only downside is that WK7 when Vick is on BYE he is playing @SF which is a pretty tough matchup. But that is a long way away and alot of things may change between now and then.

I think of it this way really: Wilson has the most potential to break out and be potential trade bait, thus he has the most value to me. Even in a 12 team league you can find a decent fill in option. Plus I love QBs that can get rushing TDs in a 4 td pass league.

it's too late for you because your draft is done, but i'd say Vick is one of 3 of the top 11 qb's that you needed to take a better, more reliable qb2 (the other two being Stafford and Manning) because of major injury concern.

for qb starters like rodgers, brees, brady, newton, eli, ryan, romo, rivers....i'd take guys with the biggest upside potential and hope they hit, giving me trade options...

all that said, i'd say locker or wilson...i haven't watched either, so my opinion on which is pretty worthless...but i will say i have less than zero confidence in the Titans running game, and they'll need to throw a bunch (as opposed to Seattle who, to me, as a more reliable running game)...so i'd lead toward Locker.

Rodgers my #1 guy with a week 10 bye. The 'Hawks play at home against the Jets. Not the best of matchups but I still took Wilson as my #2 QB. Whatever your gut tells you choose between Wilson and Locker.