Sign in to follow this  
tmr8188

Trade vetoed

I've lurked for awhile but this trade was just vetoed in my 12 team ppr league.

Team A's roster:

QB Philip Rivers, SD QB

RB Matt Forte, Chi RB

RB/WR Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB P

WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR P

WR/TE Mike Wallace, Pit WR

TE Antonio Gates, SD TE

D/ST Seahawks D/ST D/ST

K Garrett Hartley

Bench Jeremy Maclin

Bench Darrius Heyward-Bey

Bench Matt Ryan

Bench Kevin Smith

Bench Alex Smith

Bench Mark Ingram

Team B's roster:

QB Ben Roethsberger

RB Arian Foster

RB/WR LeSean McCoy

WR Julio Jones

WR/TE Percy Harvin

TE Martellus Bennett

D/ST Cowboys

K Rob Bironas

Bench CJ Spiller

Bench Anquan Bolden

Bench Kendall Wright

Bench Greg Little

Bench Russell Wilson

Bench Rashad Jennings

Heres the trade

Team A:

trades Ahmad Bradshaw

trades Antonio Gates

trades Jeremy Maclin

trades Matt Ryan

Team B:

trades Ben Roethlisberger

trades LeSean McCoy

trades Martellus Bennett

trades Anquan Boldin

Doesn't sit right with me.

Team A sends:

trades Ahmad Bradshaw

trades Antonio Gates

trades Jeremy Maclin

trades Matt Ryan

Team B gets:

Ben Roethlisberger

LeSean McCoy

Martellus Bennett

Anquan Boldin

i'd let it go through. The RB is skewed to McCoy and the TE is screwed to Gates. Also Ryan > Big Ben. and Maclin > Boldin

Team A sends:

trades Ahmad Bradshaw

trades Antonio Gates

trades Jeremy Maclin

trades Matt Ryan

Team B gets:

Ben Roethlisberger

LeSean McCoy

Martellus Bennett

Anquan Boldin

Team A gets a better RB and team B gets better WR, QB and TE. So was it vetoed because of what team B is getting?

Team A gets a better RB and team B gets better WR, QB and TE. So was it vetoed because of what team B is getting?

It was vetoed because the commissioner thought that it made team A the clear cut favorite to win. I'll edit in the team rosters.

Trade vetos are lame and should be done away with. If you make a bad trade because you're clueless, get better at the game. If there is collusion or cheating going on, the commissioner can overturn the transaction. To allow other team owners to decide the fate of your team is ridiculous.

This is clearly a trade between 2 teams that are trying to make their teams better, and not a transfer of top talent from 1 team to the other. Anyone who vetoes a trade like this is doing it for their own benefit because they are afraid of their competition improving their team.

this hurts my head.

i love when people try and veto because it doesn't seem like a fair trade to them.

it's not trade rape or collusion so why veto? horrible.

It was vetoed because the commissioner thought that it made team A the clear cut favorite to win. I'll edit in the team rosters.

Sounds like a commissioner on an ego trip. Of course there is a team getting better, that's the whole point of the trade.

Team A's roster:

QB Philip Rivers, SD QB

RB Matt Forte, Chi RB

TE Antonio Gates, SD TE

D/ST Seahawks D/ST D/ST

K Garrett Hartley

Bench Jeremy Maclin

Bench Matt Ryan

Bench Kevin Smith

Bench Alex Smith

Bench Mark Ingram

Team B's roster:

QB Ben Roethsberger

RB Arian Foster

RB/WR LeSean McCoy

WR Julio Jones

WR/TE Percy Harvin

TE Martellus Bennett

D/ST Cowboys

K Rob Bironas

Bench CJ Spiller

Bench Anquan Bolden

Bench Kendall Wright

Bench Greg Little

Bench Russell Wilson

Bench Rashad Jennings

Heres the trade

Team A sends:

trades Ahmad Bradshaw

trades Antonio Gates

trades Jeremy Maclin

trades Matt Ryan

Team B gets:

Ben Roethlisberger

LeSean McCoy

Martellus Bennett

Anquan Boldin

No more lurking by thge way.....Your opinion matters come on in and answer some posts!

But team B is getting the better trade IMO from purely a trade stand point. I don't think you vetoe because of the team, you vetoe because the trade isn't fair.

I edited in the rosters. I'm team B.

edit: holy hell random editing

no way in hell this trade should have been veto'd...its not up to the commish to say "oh it makes team a the clear cut favorite" that's part of the game.

it's a fair trade, and if it makes you a favorite to win, then good for you. that's the point of the game. i'd make a huge stink about this.

I see no reason to veto this deal. Reminds me of 2004 our keeper league vetoed Brees for Andre Johnson because everyone thought the owner getting Brees was being raped... You never know.

Team A wins by a mile in my opinion but as a commish for over 15 years I wouldn't veto it.

He wins from a team stand point, but they are punishing him for drafting well. The trade though, guy is getting a round 3 QB, Round 4 RB and round 4-5 (I've seen him go in the 3rd) TE for pretty much a #1 pick.

I'd actually pick Team B after the trade to win. Looks like a good trade for both teams. And who wouldn't want to see a team with 2 of the top 3 RB's give one of them up in a trade? If I'm competing against these teams, I'd want this trade to go thru.

I'd actually pick Team B after the trade to win. Looks like a good trade for both teams. And who wouldn't want to see a team with 2 of the top 3 RB's give one of them up in a trade? If I'm competing against these teams, I'd want this trade to go thru.

Yeah I have a tendency to blow my auction budget on RBs. I blew my budget on Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson last year.

I don't want to go into a rant and would agree most trades should not be vetoed, but last year in one of my leagues, a guy was making some of the most lopsided trades I have ever seen. It wasn't collusion, but the guy just didn't care and thought it was funny. That may be an exception to vetoing and yes, it was a $ league.

If you are Team B you should STFU and be happy it was vetoed. Seriously.

I completely disagree. He is upgrading his QB and TE significantly. He is also getting the better WR out of the deal.

I don't want to go into a rant and would agree most trades should not be vetoed, but last year in one of my leagues, a guy was making some of the most lopsided trades I have ever seen. It wasn't collusion, but the guy just didn't care and thought it was funny. That may be an exception to vetoing and yes, it was a $ league.

IMO - this is the what vetos should be used for, not to block trades that you don't like.

Team A's roster:

QB Philip Rivers, SD QB

RB Matt Forte, Chi RB

TE Antonio Gates, SD TE

D/ST Seahawks D/ST D/ST

K Garrett Hartley

Bench Jeremy Maclin

Bench Matt Ryan

Bench Kevin Smith

Bench Alex Smith

Bench Mark Ingram

Team B's roster:

QB Ben Roethsberger

RB Arian Foster

RB/WR LeSean McCoy

WR Julio Jones

WR/TE Percy Harvin

TE Martellus Bennett

D/ST Cowboys

K Rob Bironas

Bench CJ Spiller

Bench Anquan Bolden

Bench Kendall Wright

Bench Greg Little

Bench Russell Wilson

Bench Rashad Jennings

Heres the trade

Team A:

trades Ahmad Bradshaw

trades Antonio Gates

trades Jeremy Maclin

trades Matt Ryan

Team B:

trades Ben Roethlisberger

trades LeSean McCoy

trades Martellus Bennett

trades Anquan Boldin

What a douche. Thankfully I have never had one of my trades vetoed. Though last year one of my commish said he almost vetoed a trade because he thought it was unfair. Traded Vick and Mcgahee for DMC and I dont remember. Yeah guess who got the better end of the deal...

Go to his house, knock on his door and punch him in the face in front of his wife and kids. Problem solved.

Why the F did this loser of a commish even allow a draft? He should have made up a bunch of teams that he thought was equal in power and then assign them to the league members.

Go to his house, knock on his door and punch him in the face in front of his wife and kids. Problem solved.

Why the F did this loser of a commish even allow a draft? He should have made up a bunch of teams that he thought was equal in power and then assign them to the league members.

Some how I think the 'mish's team would exceed the other teams, at least in pre draft rankings. He would prob make up some lame rankings to explain how raping everyone is not such a bad idea.

Looks like a power hungry commish to me. I see nothing remotely wrong with the trade. Like someone else said, the commish should be happy that your team doesn't have 2 of the Top 3 running backs on your squad anymore.

If it were me, I'd message the other owners in the league & ask them if its a fair trade via a vote. If they agree it's fine, challenge the dbag commish & force him to put the trade through.

Somebody already posted that you should knock on the commish's door and punch him infront oh his wife and kids. Nothing more to be said here. Terrible league.

I dont care if team B traded Nate Burleson for Megatron..... ITS HIS TEAM, and what if Burleson blows up? ITS HIS TEAM.

NEVER, EVER, play in a league that allows vetoes, it's for amatuers and should not be allowed. Commish holds only Veto power and it will only be enacted in the event of obvious, exteme collusion.

I agree that this trade should not have been vetoed. Yes team B wins the trade, but team A gets a top 3 RB. Vetoes should only be used under very lopsided trades or collusion.

I dont care if team B traded Nate Burleson for Megatron..... ITS HIS TEAM, and what if Burleson blows up? ITS HIS TEAM.

NEVER, EVER, play in a league that allows vetoes, it's for amatuers and should not be allowed. Commish holds only Veto power and it will only be enacted in the event of obvious, exteme collusion.

that is exactly how i run my league...i hold veto power but never have used it...and only would consider it if i were to smell collusion...

luckily my league is honest and we don't get any of that crap. i was approached to collude in a league once and told them to shove it.

OP, no joke...throw a ###### fit...and if your commish pulls a power play then drop all your players and leave the league...

I'd be forced to veto as well. Your commish did the right thing. :thumbsup:

It's the commissioner's responsibility to ensure the competitive balance of the league. You'll thank him later for vetoing this trade.

It's the commissioner's responsibility to ensure the competitive balance of the league. You'll thank him later for vetoing this trade.

no...it's the commish's responsibility to set up the league, receive payment, and monitor trades, not veto a trade bc he thinks it makes another team "too good". that's bull. there was nothing wrong with that trade to warrant a veto.

you want to ensure competitive balance? then make sure people set their lineups and if they don't force players into their lineup. that's all.

Wow! This is just crazy talk. I would walk out on any league that had a commissioner that thought they had the right to wield this much power. Why would he thank a guy who just prevented a trade that he wanted to go thru?

If you need someone to oversee your team and league for you so that all the teams have "competitive balance" you must suck at this game. Should the commish also choose which team gets the top waiver wire pick-up in the spirit of "competitive balance"? Does the commish draft your teams for you in order to make sure all teams have "competitive balance"? DOES EVERY TEAM IN YOUR LEAGUE GET A PARTICIPATION TROPHY AT THE END OF THE YEAR BECAUSE NO SCORES WERE KEPT ANYWAY, AND YOU WERE ALL PLAYING JUST FOR THE FUN OF THE GAME?

It's apparent that the commissioner weighed all the aspects of the trade: season projections, player histories, offensive line play, strength of schedule, etc. to determine that the trade was unfair. While it's a close call, it is also the right call.

It's apparent that the commissioner weighed all the aspects of the trade: season projections, player histories, offensive line play, strength of schedule, etc. to determine that the trade was unfair. While it's a close call, it is also the right call.

How could you possibly know that the commissioner did all of these things? None of this was discussed previously on this thread. There is only 2 logical explanations as to how you can come up with this reasoning.

A: You're nuts.

B: You're either the commissioner who vetoed the trade, or someone from this league who told the commissioner to veto the trade because your team is not good enough to compete.

Offensive line play? Strength of schedule? This is all completely absurd.

It sounds to me like the only collusion going on in this league is amongst the commissioner and players who are afraid of getting beat.

Stirring up a little trouble there mr. blue? Warning: Do Not Feed the Lions.

Really depends on your league's rules. I don't think it should have been vetoed but if the commish has the right to veto you have to deal with it.

It gets to a certain point in any league where you have to strip the commish of his/her veto power. If it's the same group every year, the risk of collusion goes down, there's no reason to veto any trade. Period.