Sign in to follow this  
Moemoney

Lynch

I want to begin by saying that I was really high on Marshawn this year. I thought that the stars would be aligned for him. I thought that he would be the centerpiece of his offense and Russell Wilson would rely on his star RB. Then we get "back spasms" again! WTF? Now we begin with the dreaded game time decision and Robert Turbin lickin' his chops to get a piece of the pie. I don't want to overreact since the season hasn't started, but is it time to trade him while he still has good value, or should his owners wait it out?

He will be fine. He practiced today. His value is low now... Last year he missed a game with back spasms and the very next week he tore up the rest of the season

Clare Farnsworth of seahawks.com uses the word "explosive" to describe Marshawn Lynch's running in practice Thursday. Farnsworth: " There was nothing limited about his efforts on the few touches he got before giving way to rookie Robert Turbin. Lynch displayed the explosive one-step-and-go style in getting through the line that is required to run in line coach Tom Cable's system. There also were the multiple changes of direction, with accompanying dips and ducks, that were such a part of Lynch putting up career-high totals in rushing yards (1,204) and touchdowns (14) last season."
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/73791/around-the-nfc-west-16

Take it for what it's worth.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch practiced for a second straight day on Friday, and is listed as questionable on the team’s injury report for Sunday’s game at Arizona because of back spasms.

Seattle head coach Pete Carroll said he won’t make a decision on Lynch’s status until close to game time.

“He made it through all of the work,” Carroll said. “He looks good, but it’s still day-to-day. We’ve got to see how he responds tomorrow, so it takes us all the way to game time to make sure everything is all right. But he did do well during the week.”

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/#storylink=cpy

I have a feeling he will play unless something drastic happens on sunday

Well it's too late already.

That's how fast it goes. That's how fast things can change in the fantasy football world.

If you spent a high draft pick on him, if you have not yet traded him, and more importantly, are not planning on trading him, and if you have not picked up the Turbinator.....it's too late.

That's how fast things change.

Marshawn Lynch is, and always has been, a violent runner. A reckless one. This guy abuses his body and it will not hold up. Spasms are likely to come back, and if not, other injuries are sure to 'come out of nowhere' due to him ever so slightly having a weakness somewhere else in his body. Somehow the stars aligned and he made it through last season. You have to be delusional to expect it again.

Enter Turbin. He's the perfect fit for this offensive line/system. Hand picked by the coaching staff, and ready to run once given the call. I could go on and on about him, but if you need me to explain....once again, it's too late.

If you are in a dynasty league... try to get him, paying up to the cost at around RB #20 value, when, if you are ahead of the game, you know his 'true value' is sitting around RB #11 right now.

They're just trying to get in the heads of opposing teams. Lynch will be good to go. He'll just take a handful of skittles ( meds painted in fruity flavored colors marked with an "S" for speed) and be good to go!!!

He's a gamble. If you got Turbin for nothing, that's a good gamble.

I have a bad back, and spasms are just something that happens. They are usually just a warning, that goes away quickly. I've experienced some pretty painful things (like stitches without novicane, 10) and I'd hafta put back spasms at a 9. Forget about standing up, not to mention running. I've heard that cortisone shots can provide immediate relief, but in the long term is bad for the back, particularly as an athlete. I wonder if Marshawn has had cortisone shots yet? I would bet that he has.

It's one of those things where, he can either play, or he can't. There's no inbetween. I'm not familiar with the extent of Lynch's herniated disk, or whatever it is that is causing these issues, but I know that it's only permanently repairable by surgery, and even then there can still be problems. Once you have herniated a disk in your back, that's it. It's never the same, for the rest of your life, without successful surgery.