Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Wilson Giants

I got ragged on for spending 15% of my budget to pick up Wilson off the WWs last night, laregely ignoring Brown.

On one hand we have a 4th round journymen RB who's been on 5 teams in 4 years who also ruptured his Achilles tendon in 2009

On the other hand we have a 1rst round RB with upside to match the investment.

My money is on the talent here. In the event Bradshaw has to miss extended time, I think Wilson will be the one to own.

Doghouse or no doghouse, I very much doubt NYG is going to give Brown 25+ touches while Wilson watches from the bench. He need and IV and X-Rays after touching the ball sub 20 times lat week. They almost have no choice but to give Wilson some work.

Lastly, people seem to be ignoring the fact that Brown got a majority of his touches during a time where TB was playing prevent. I'm not sold.

The evidence is when I see him play he reminds me, personally, of the same skills that Felix Jones has......that's like saying what is your evidence for disagreeing.....It's an opinion.

I think Wilson is a lot tougher than Felix is.

I got ragged on for spending 15% of my budget to pick up Wilson off the WWs last night, laregely ignoring Brown.

On one hand we have a 4th round journymen RB who's been on 5 teams in 4 years who also ruptured his Achilles tendon in 2009

My money is on the talent here. In the event Bradshaw has to miss extended time, I think Wilson will be the one to own.

Doghouse or no doghouse, I very much doubt NYG is going to give Brown 25+ touches while Wilson watches from the bench. He need and IV and X-Rays after touching the ball sub 20 times lat week. They almost have no choice but to give Wilson some work.

Lastly, people seem to be ignoring the fact that Brown got a majority of his touches during a time where TB was playing prevent. I'm not sold.

I agree with this too. Any RB should be able to put up some kind of numbers against a prevent defense.

As the defender, you play a prevent defense to prevent a huge play. Typically that means you dont want them throwing deep and you will give them the 5-7 yard runs all day long to force them to eat the clock while they gain their yards.

The bottom line is that if Wilson doesn't get any substancial work tonight, on a short week, with the #1 rb out as well as many other offensive starters, there is a problem.

The bottom line is that if Wilson doesn't get any substancial work tonight, on a short week, with the #1 rb out as well as many other offensive starters, there is a problem.

Yeah, and his name is Coughlin. Grow a pair. Let the kid run loose. If he fumbles again, so bet it. If not, maybe you learn you have something special. Does Eli get yanked every time he throws a pick? No, because that would be stupid.

Yeah, and his name is Coughlin. Grow a pair. Let the kid run loose. If he fumbles again, so bet it. If not, maybe you learn you have something special. Does Eli get yanked every time he throws a pick? No, because that would be stupid.

He won't see time until he proves to Coughlin that he knows what he's doing, especially the blocking assignments. #2 rule for Giants rbs: don't get Eli killed. I remember Bradshaw having the same issues when he was a rookie. He couldn't get past Ward and Jacobs even though he was the most dynamic of the three because of his inability to pick up the blitz.

Wilson will shine in due time. Just probably not tonight.

He won't see time until he proves to Coughlin that he knows what he's doing, especially the blocking assignments. #2 rule for Giants rbs: don't get Eli killed. I remember Bradshaw having the same issues when he was a rookie. He couldn't get past Ward and Jacobs even though he was the most dynamic of the three because of his inability to pick up the blitz.

Wilson will shine in due time. Just probably not tonight.

And now Bradshaw's best years are behind him and he looks old out there.

Unfortunately, I am a mess at RB and with Stewart out, I have to roll with Wilson and hope he breaks one (14 teamer below).

wilson reminds u of felix jones? what a bs statement. zero evidence to support that.

Two speed backs with ball security issues? :dunno:

And now Bradshaw's best years are behind him and he looks old out there (14 teamer below).

Unfortunately, I am a mess at RB and with Stewart out, I have to roll with Wilson and hope he breaks one.

If he does well tonight, that's how it will happen.

Started Wilson cause I have no other options. Fock him, and Fock Coughlin that olf ######.

Im cutting this loser in every league I own him in

The Giants are such a well coach team.

The Panthers are such a poorly coach team.

Is it me or is Ron Rivera mute? Does this guy ever say a word when the camera is on him? He's got to be the dumbest looking coach in the NFL.

I'm guessing Wilson not getting garbage time carries means they want to save him for later...

I'm guessing Wilson not getting garbage time carries means they want to save him for later...

Just cut him for nothing, and then cut him for Rams backup

:rolleyes:

That's the only silver lining I could fall back on.

This is now the second time I was forced to start Wilson due to Stewart being out. I would have started Miller if I knew Coughlin was intent on ruining any confidence Wilson had.

That's the only silver lining I could fall back on.

This is now the second time I was forced to start Wilson due to Stewart being out. I would have started Miller if I knew Coughlin was intent on ruining any confidence Wilson had.

Yup, that's why he ran brown out there, to ruin Wilson's confidence. Had nothing to do with wanting to win the game or anything.

Bunch of delusional morons...this board is so classic. Bunch of clueless armchair qbs acting like they know what's up, all the while jibbering away with no factual basis, just bias towards ayers on their ff team...

The smart money was on brown tonight and the smart money won...again...

Brown might well be the pickup of the year. GL with Wilson and his 5 touches a game. Keep staring at his combine numbers while life passes you by...

Ps: gfiafmoron

Maybe Coughlin was worried about Wilson coughing up the ball again and giving the Panthers a slimmer of hope. I don't know, just seems like garbage time is the perfect opportunity to give the rookie a few reps. I know you don't want to risk an injury, but it also doesn't seem like Coughlin has the confidence to give him carries when it matters...so why not let him run in that situation?

Either way you slice it, he's not getting touches, and seems to be a long way from jumping either Brown or Bradshaw on the depth chart. A 3rd string rookie isn't worth a roster spot to me.

I dropped Wilson for Brown but now I'm thinking it was a dumb move.

Not bad, hope you started like I did

I gave him three weeks, but I am done. Thurs afternoon I had a trade worked out with a co-worker who owns Bradshaw. She was going to offer Hillis for Wilson... At the time it made sense. She wanted to handcuff Bradshaw, and I'll take a chance and insure the RB position on my bench. After the game last night, I killed the trade. I am our league's Commish and try my best to run a good league. Wilson was dropped, as I picked up Mike Goodson (DMC owner). I wouldn't t trade Wilson to my worst enemy. He is on waivers and can take up another team's bench spot. I don' t care who is at fault, he has no fantasy value right now especially with the emergence of A Brown. My elderly grandmother has more Yds rushing than Wilson right now as I believe he has -2... With a fumble. The kid has talent, but something is missing and after three weeks I don't have the patience or time for him to figure it out.

I dropped Wilson last week. Picked up brown an started him.

I drafted Wilson. It didn't work out this year folks. Acknowledge and move on.

Yup, that's why he ran brown out there, to ruin Wilson's confidence. Had nothing to do with wanting to win the game or anything.

Bunch of delusional morons...this board is so classic. Bunch of clueless armchair qbs acting like they know what's up, all the while jibbering away with no factual basis, just bias towards ayers on their ff team...

The smart money was on brown tonight and the smart money won...again...

Brown might well be the pickup of the year. GL with Wilson and his 5 touches a game. Keep staring at his combine numbers while life passes you by...

Ps: gfiafmoron

I never said he should have started Wilson. Just implying that Wilson deserves more time than he's gotten. He showed that in the preseason. He made a mistake on the fumble, but that's enough already. Give the kid a chance. The factual basis is that prior to the fumble, he was splitting first team reps. That shouldn't be forgotten.

The information on which the Giants were having Wilson split first team reps is much more extensive than the fumble on which they are basing his lack of touches. The sample size supports the former and it's a mistake to overvalue one play.

Maybe Coughlin was worried about Wilson coughing up the ball again and giving the Panthers a slimmer of hope. I don't know, just seems like garbage time is the perfect opportunity to give the rookie a few reps. I know you don't want to risk an injury, but it also doesn't seem like Coughlin has the confidence to give him carries when it matters...so why not let him run in that situation?

Either way you slice it, he's not getting touches, and seems to be a long way from jumping either Brown or Bradshaw on the depth chart. A 3rd string rookie isn't worth a roster spot to me.

Prior to garbage time, Wilson got a couple touches. Though it was only two touches, it was two touches more than Scott. I think the Giants still have Wilson in their plans going forward.

I never said he should have started Wilson. Just implying that Wilson deserves more time than he's gotten. He showed that in the preseason. He made a mistake on the fumble, but that's enough already. Give the kid a chance. The factual basis is that prior to the fumble, he was splitting first team reps. That shouldn't be forgotten.

The information on which the Giants were having Wilson split first team reps is much more extensive than the fumble on which they are basing his lack of touches. The sample size supports the former and it's a mistake to overvalue one play.

so in hindsight, you still believe this? After what brown ripped off against the panthers??? Point I'm making is people here, and in FF in general, people who aren't stupid or illogical, seems to come up with crazy theories as to why their player didn't get the burn and how the coach is an idiot. This dude has run hard 2 weeks in a row, harder than bradshaw, harder than wilson. End of story. Not that complicated. Let the dude run till he's not getting it done anymore. Wilson is a rookie, and his time will come if he's got the talent...

ANother thing people get stuck on with the fumble about, 'well 1 fumble, wtf, blahblah' 1 fumble by a rook is a lot different from a veteran fumbling. Yes that 1 fumble will cause concern with the coach. It's about trust, and coaches have a hard time trusting rooks. It's again not that complicated, but everyone vested into wilson will go on and on about how it's coughlin's fault he's not blowing up for 130 and 2 tds on your team. Last I checked, coughlin is likely going to the hall of fame...

I drafted him.

Trying to cut for Brown.

Coughlin has banked two Super Bowls. He doesn't need to play high draft picks for fear of Ownership getting involved.

he is right about this. nobody in their right mind is going to tell him what moves to make. He is one coach who wont be threatened by a fan, a GM, or an owner.

If the owner is going to cut him loose for this, there are probably about 10 or 15 other NFL teams that would be willing to hire him on the spot and who will be happy to get him.

at the end of the day, Coughlin can make his own rules right now.