Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

I.R. Stockpiling Alert

Anyone else take advantage of the IR slots in your FFL to pickup a player that a rookie drops after they have been put on IR?

My pick of the week: Beanie Wells - dropped last night. Will probably be back in November.

The only problem with this strategy is that it only works once. After the league sees what you have done, they will be mindful to do it themselves - so save your "IR Add" for the right moment.

:cheers:

Unfortunately my league commish has decided that only players going on season ending IR can be put on our IR. So, since this was an eligible to return IR situation, Beanie cannot be put on IR for my FF team. Had to cut him :dunno:. Any other leagues work like this?

Our league diced the IR slot entirely...too easy to abuse.

We have two slots for IR. Since we are a keeper league (up to 4 players for no more than 2 years) the IR slots make sense.

We have two slots for IR. Since we are a keeper league (up to 4 players for no more than 2 years) the IR slots make sense.

How does yours work? Is it simply if a player is on IR in the NFL, they can be on your IR?

We had two IR slots in which you put a guy if he was listed as being 'Doubtful' or 'Out.' However, this gets really messy and we just decided to kill the whole thing.

How does yours work? Is it simply if a player is on IR in the NFL, they can be on your IR?

We had two IR slots in which you put a guy if he was listed as being 'Doubtful' or 'Out.' However, this gets really messy and we just decided to kill the whole thing.

The player has to be officially put on the NFL's I.R. list.

The player has to be officially put on the NFL's I.R. list.

Okay...that's different. We're also not a keeper league anymore (we did that for a few seasons).

Our IR slots just caused aggravation the way we were doing it.

At the risk of hurting anyone's feelings, I think IR is silly. Especially in a keeper league. What's the point? Why not just have an extra roster spot? All that an IR spot does it make it easier for people who aren't paying attention to just plug an IR player into the IR spot.

Lloyd Dobler.

Anyone else take advantage of the IR slots in your FFL to pickup a player that a rookie drops after they have been put on IR?

My pick of the week: Beanie Wells - dropped last night. Will probably be back in November.

The only problem with this strategy is that it only works once. After the league sees what you have done, they will be mindful to do it themselves - so save your "IR Add" for the right moment. is Beanie Wells.

:cheers:

Fixed.

Our keeper league has an IR spot that can only be filled by a player that was injured while on your roster to prevent exactly that scenario. You're free to pickup or draft an injured/suspended player, but he's going to tie up an active bench spot. We've had this rule in place for over a decade and it has always worked well.