Sign in to follow this  
Franknbeans

Worst call against your team you can remember

Turkey Day. 1998.

Phil Luckett muffed the coin toss call by Bettis in front of a national audience. A coin toss.

Lions went down and kicked the field goal.

Game over.

story

:music_guitarred:

and he's probably getting a nice pension.

I believe they call it the "NFL Draft"...from 1999-2011.

Go Browns!

I still don't get all of the uproar over Seahawks game. That play had a better than even chance of being ruled the same way by the regular refs, and was a thousand times closer to simultaneous possession than, say...

1. The "tuck rule" play was an incomplete pass

2. Calvin Johnson's TD catch at Soldier Field on Opening Day 2010 was an incomplete pass

3. Bert Emanuel's catch against the Rams in the 1999 NFC championship game was an incompete pass

I guess it just provided a convenient platform for fans to vent their frustrations over three weeks' worth of incompetence across the board.

Chargers had 2 of the top 10 of all time

Ed Hoculi blowing the whistle dead on a fumble against Denver

The Holy Roller against the Raiders

after both of these calls they changed the rules

2005 AFC playoff game, Steelers at Colts. Steelers nursing a lead in the 4th quarter, Polamalu intercepts Manning to ice the game, tumbles to the ground untouched doing a complete 360 roll, eats lunch and dinner, makes a phone call, brushes his hair, then gets up to start running with the ball, banging it off his own leg and jarring it loose in the process, he falls on top of the loose ball. Upon further review: incomplete pass. Still mind-boggling. Incidentally, the league issued an official statement the next day admitting that it was the wrong call.

Chargers had 2 of the top 10 of all time

Ed Hoculi blowing the whistle dead on a fumble against Denver

The Holy Roller against the Raiders

after both of these calls they changed the rules

This

Last year's playoff game between the Giants and Packers.

Jennings clearly fumbled, and the refs couldn't even get it right even with the aid of the replay booth.

http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-york-giants/2012/1/16/2711964/nfl-discusses-bill-leavy-ruling-on-greg-jennings-fumble-against

Worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhRZ0EcpRs

20 years ago our dorm was playing for the intramural flag football championship and i was penalized for unnecessary roughness for running over a defender who was trying to swipe my flag. I went into a downward spiral, dropped out of school, became an alcoholic, yaddayaddayadda. Now i try to relive my glory thru fantasy football and my recovery is going quite well, thanks to this site and this bored

20 years ago our dorm was playing for the intramural flag football championship and i was penalized for unnecessary roughness for running over a defender who was trying to swipe my flag. I went into a downward spiral, dropped out of school, became an alcoholic, yaddayaddayadda. Now i try to relive my glory thru fantasy football and my recovery is going quite well, thanks to this site and this bored

Playing 2 hand touch during recess in the 4th grade. My team was one stud, we'll call him Chris, because that was his name. The rest of us sucked. Well, I knew, and Chris knew, there was one guy on the team that was faster than him. Mr. always picked last because he couldn't catch or throw ... me. I didn't know the rules very well, but I knew I was faster than anyone else on the field, and they were all tired. Minutes to the bell ringing and we are down by 5 points. Kicking off to us. In the huddle everyone agrees, whoever catches the kickoff, pitch the ball back to Chris. There's no time. Gotta return the kick for a TD.

So, of course the ball is kicked right to me, because I can't catch. Right? I was kinda thinking the whole time they were gonna kick it to me and I was not gonna pitch it to Chris. So, the guy kicks it so well, it's an easy catch for me, and I remember running down the imaginary sideline, looking back at Chris who was 10 feet behind me, with all our blockers left in the dust ... expecting me to pitch it back, and I saw everyone adjust ... and there's no way he woulda made it, but it was a good fake, and I kept the ball, ran to the end of the field and spiked the ball.

They said I was out of bounds. Totally untouched. Out of bounds and we had time for one play from like the 3 yard line (50 yard field) and Chris threw an incomplete pass, and we lost. So nobody remembered that amazing kick return that I made.

I still remember it. If I had known, I would have cut back in. Thought it was pretty obvious nobody was gonna catch me. Does it actually matter that I ran outside the cone? Oh it does? My bad.