Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Anyone hear what Wes Welker said about BB? Uh Oh.. this ain't good.

... at least his kids are all still alive. :o

If it makes you feel better I think Andy Reid sucks as a gameday coach and he shoul be fired. That doesn't make Bellid1ck any less repellent as a human being. :dunno:

Belid1ck is a great coach. He's just an awful human being. Everyone outside of the New England area hates that doosh. I'm glad his championships are marred by cheating.

Edelman is not or never will be Welkers replacement.

Edelman is not or never will be Welkers replacement.

This is the bottom line.

Welker is one of the best slot receivers in the history of the game. The explosion of Brady's numbers mirrors the arrival of Welker in '07. He'd be working on his 6th straight 100-catch season if not for being less than 100% in '10 after a major injury. People who think Welker is a product of a system and an interchangeable part will be very surprised when he's gone and New England is never quite able to fill his shoes.

Disclaimer: I do not own any Patriot players in any league so I do not really care about the fantasy impact this situation has (aside from Brady, I think they were all valued too highly given the number of weapons they have).

He lost playing time to Julian Edelman, as in he was not even allowed onto the field. It was a clear attempt to marginalize him and make him dispensable to the team because of the contract situation. I get it, football is a business, and a big part of winning is about managing the money so giving out a big contract to an older player is something you have to be very careful about. And BB doesn't write up the contracts, so for all we know, Kraft may have been asking him to gameplan in that manner. It still feels like Welker is getting the short end of the stick.

Are we talking about the same Belichick here? I think he would absolutely sacrifice a game if he thought it would benefit the team in the long term.

When was this game when Wes wasn't "allowed onto the field"?