Sign in to follow this  
fantasy master

Cedric Benson Out 8 weeks

This one is easy for me (Starks), but I doubt that GB will lean on him given his injury history.

I see it as being Green. Starks was a healthy scratch Sunday. I think GB likes what they see in Green. But Kuhn will still vulture TDs and Rodgers will still throw 75% inside the red zone, so his fantasy potential is very limited.

while they will be hesitant to give Green a full workload (hes coming off injury himself) i believe they want him to be their future starter. The best starks can hope for is a split

Starks had his shot - they went out and got Benson.

I think the best one to own will be Alex Green, and I'm going to try and get him in my leagues. BUT - I think his upside will be severely limited, whereas Benson's was not.

So here's my Benson-related question. Why isn't Green Bay giving him the "IR to return" designation? Isn't it for exactly this situation where a player will miss 8 weeks? What am I missing about the rule?

I'm sitting at #3 in WW, and I know that the owner at #1 will not be grabbing either Starks or Green and the owner at #2 will be grabbing Green...so, asking myself if I should take Starks or if I should just move up to the #2 spot. I don't need Starks, though RB depth is something I always value. I'd prefer Green, since Starks showed his limited upside last year, but I could also forsee Starks stepping into the starting role in a couple weeks if Green's blocking stinks.