Sign in to follow this  
loqutis

Air Conditioning has toppled the Big 10

Air Conditioning has toppled the Big 10. This video from The History channel talks about major population shifts from Midwest and North East to the south and West. In 1960, he states, only 12% of homes in the south had AC. People just didn't want to live in the south cus it was too darn hot. With the introduction of AC, everything changed.  Now almost all our most populous cities are in the south or west. 

Check out this video on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXz4SQ...be_gdata_player

It only makes sense, that the SEC and all warm weather schools would close the talent gap and eventually overtake the cold less populated states.

I am now dumber.... After reading this post. In no way of shape or form did this post enlighten the viewers of the FFT Today Boards & for that reason, we are a little dumber from here on out. Thanks for this generous contribution of utter stupidity to the boards.

Next time I do any research involving fantasy stats, I'm definitely gonna base them on the # of A/C units sold in that area.

I am now dumber.... After reading this post. In no way of shape or form did this post enlighten the viewers of the FFT Today Boards & for that reason, we are a little dumber from here on out. Thanks for this generous contribution of utter stupidity to the boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Oh so that's why New York never has a good football program... Not enough people.

• Like 1

From someone who played division 1 baseball in college I can honestly say no one gives a damn about that. The football players go where there are three things: good football program, good scholarship, and good girls. That's all I and every other college athelete cared about when we chose schools. Therefore, this post in meaningless

Less populated?

Do research & then come back to me. ...

Air Conditioning has toppled the Big 10. This video from The History channel talks about major population shifts from Midwest and North East to the south and West. In 1960, he states, only 12% of homes in the south had AC. People just didn't want to live in the south cus it was too darn hot. With the introduction of AC, everything changed.  Now almost all our most populous cities are in the south or west. 

Check out this video on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXz4SQ...be_gdata_player

It only makes sense, that the SEC and all warm weather schools would close the talent gap and eventually overtake the cold less populated states.

There is an old wive's tale that says if you live in the south the air conditioning follows you outside. Unfortunately this isn't true. When you live in a hot climate and have to leave your air conditioned environment to go outside, it's still very hot.

Now almost all our most populous cities are in the south or west.

#3 Chicago, IL

#5 Philadelphia, PA

#12 Indianapolis, IN

#15 Columbus, OH

#18 Detroit, MI

#98 Birmingham, AL

Yeah, population is the problem.

From someone who played division 1 baseball in college I can honestly say no one gives a damn about that. The football players go where there are three things: good football program, good scholarship, and good girls. That's all I and every other college athelete cared about when we chose schools. Therefore, this post in meaningless

Div 1 huh?

• Like 1