Sign in to follow this  
loqutis

Week 10 Studs and Duds

WR Duds week 10

#SteveSmith, #TorreySmith, #HakeemNicks,#BrandonMyers, #JimmyGraham

WR Studs week 10

#TYHilton, #DarriusHeyward-Bey ,#VincentJackson, #StevieJohnson, #AndreRoberts, #DustinKeller

RB Duds week 10

#MikelLeshoure, #ReggieBush, #FrankGore,#JamaalCharles, #ChrisJohnson

RB Studs week 10

#ShonnGreene, #VickBallard, #StevanRidley,#MichaelTurner, #WillisMcGahee

QB Studs week 10

#RyanFitzpatrick, #CarsonPalmer, #PhillipRivers,#RyanTannehill, #JoeFlacco

QB Duds week 10 #MichaelVick,

#CamNewton, #AlexSmith,#MattSchaub, #JayCutler #FantasyFootball

Week 9 Studs & Duds now available on iTunes. http://itun.es/i6jN7Ck

There will be a lot of fails in these picks. A lot.

I dont see how you can say that all of Fantasy Football will be a dud this week. Its got a great matchup at home vs Fantasy Pro Bass Fishing, who has been giving up points to other fantasy sports by the dump truck load. Plus Fantasy Football gets Aaron Hernandez and Danny Amendola back this weekend. I am starting Fantasy Football with confidence, and will mock you mercilessly when this prediction blows up in your face.

this brings hilarity :lol:

I dont see how you can say that all of Fantasy Football will be a dud this week. Its got a great matchup at home vs Fantasy Pro Bass Fishing, who has been giving up points to other fantasy sports by the dump truck load. Plus Fantasy Football gets Aaron Hernandez and Danny Amendola back this weekend. I am starting Fantasy Football with confidence, and will mock you mercilessly when this prediction blows up in your face.

As you should :)

Just a little curious as I am barely on fantasy football message board...there is a "A Little Help" board that you guys post and seek help with line up moves and trades. So random people respond and give their advise and offer help and no one rips them or attacks their credibility. some dont even give a reason just post a name. That is ok.

2 guys give an hour or so podcast giving their advise and reasons and statistics and everyone jumps on them?

did i miss something?

Just a little curious as I am barely on fantasy football message board...there is a "A Little Help" board that you guys post and seek help with line up moves and trades. So random people respond and give their advise and offer help and no one rips them or attacks their credibility. some dont even give a reason just post a name. That is ok.

2 guys give an hour or so podcast giving their advise and reasons and statistics and everyone jumps on them?

did i miss something?

Busting balls is kind of a theme here. It weeds out the weak ones. Also, some people dont want the mange forearm to be over run with team management theads. Some of us agree, but understand that the help forum is a cesspool. Just keep contributing and they will come aroind. Til then you just take your hazing like a man.

ha. particularly pleased with aaron hernandez being back.

Busting balls is kind of a theme here. It weeds out the weak ones. Also, some people dont want the mange forearm to be over run with team management theads. Some of us agree, but understand that the help forum is a cesspool. Just keep contributing and they will come aroind. Til then you just take your hazing like a man.

uh what?

We're not going anywhere. Been on the board for a long long time and don't see myself quitting the hobby.

did i miss something?

Those people usually know what the fock they are talking about. You guys want some medal for telling us to start people on a bye, misreading stats and insulting us?

if i was perfect I would run for god. i guess you never saw anyone else make a mistake. ever listen to an nfl pre game show? relax, i think i made my point. sorry 1 game this year they gave up a whole 14 points to a TE. no biggie we all know you are smarter? wait? did you post anything of substance? i again posted false info, your not smart...haha!

Not a matter of being perfect. But knowing which teams/players are on a bye would add quite a bit of credibility.

Roberts isn't a mistake. It shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Update: Jimmy Graham with the best receiving day of his career 7/146 2TD

Michael Turner 13 carries for 15 yards.

Andre Roberts still on a bye.

OP, I hope you've got other sources for finding potential podcast listeners.

OP, I hope you've got other sources for finding potential podcast listeners.

ok lets look at the big picture. I am also the guy who said sit calvin johnson the week he had under 50 yards or Aaron rodgers week 2, or roddy white when he had under 60, and i can go on and on. what fun it it to say sit Wesley Saunders? sometimes you have to have the balls to pick a top player. We do and we have had great success if yuou actually listen to our reasoning. so, since you like to focus on one or two things, for those of you who actually are serious about fantast football here is how we are doing.

based on startard scoring leagues with bonus points for over 100 yards or 300 for qbs of 3 points here is how we break down studs and duds. keep in mind, we are not picking the chalk for studs, we will never pick Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson, but we WILL as duds. We also dont pick #2 rbs or #3 or lower WR or back up TE's for duds as most if not all do. We take chances, otherwise how can we help?

QB stud is 22+ points- figure over 200 yards and 2 scores

QB dud is 18 or under

RB/wr stud is 14+ points- figure over 100 yards and the bonus or 80 and a TD

RB/wr dud is 13 or under

TE (if mentioned) stud is 12+

TE dud is 10 or less

here is how we are doing so far.

WR Duds week 10

SteveSmith-WIN

TorreySmith-LOSS

HakeemNicks- WIN

BrandonMyers- WIN

JimmyGraham -LOSS

WR Studs week 10

TYHilton- LOSS

DarriusHeyward-Bey-WIN

VincentJackson-LOSS

StevieJohnson- LOSS

AndreRoberts- Duh

DustinKeller- LOSS

RB Duds week 10

MikelLeshoure- WIN

ReggieBush- WIN

FrankGore- LOSS

JamaalCharles- still to play

ChrisJohnson- LOSS

RB Studs week 10

ShonnGreene- LOSS

VickBallard- LOSS

StevanRidley- WIN

MichaelTurner- LOSS

WillisMcGahee- LOSS

IsaacRedman-Yet to play

QB Studs week 10

RyanFitzpatrick- WIN

CarsonPalmer- WIN

PhillipRivers- WIN

RyanTannehill- LOSS

JoeFlacco-WIN

QB Duds week 10 #MichaelVick,

CamNewton- WIN

AlexSmith-WIN

MichaelVick-WIN

MattSchaub- still playing- 3 points at 2 min warning for half

JayCutler- still playing no points at 2 mon warning at half

with it looking like Shaub and Cutler will be wins for us we are 16 wins 14 losses and 2 yet to play. Considering we dont pick any superstars as studs (like everyone else does on NFL Network and ESON, etc) and we dont pick bench warmers as duds we are doing very well.

Update: Jimmy Graham with the best receiving day of his career 7/146 2TD

Michael Turner 13 carries for 15 yards.

Andre Roberts still on a bye.

yep, we only picked those three players in our podcast. 0 for 3? wow, your a classic

so about a 50% clip? keep up the good work guys. Good thing you guys listed a bunch of mediocre, game managing QB's as your QB duds for the week, you'd be a lot worse off.

:lol:

Good grief you are sensitive.

Here is your measuring stick for success: http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/

53% is not horrible, but to be fair these guys are ranking the entire league vs. a few hand picked match-up calls. If you took all this effort you put into arguing with people on a FF forum over your picks and put it into your podcast you might have something.

Good grief you are sensitive.

Here is your measuring stick for success: http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/

53% is not horrible, but to be fair these guys are ranking the entire league vs. a few hand picked match-up calls. If you took all this effort you put into arguing with people on a FF forum over your picks and put it into your podcast you might have something.

not sensitive, just trying to keep some who rather bash than do anything else of substance from coming back. I like that link you gave me. I know for a fact we had weeks we were well into 60%. there is no magical science, its past statistics and hunches. kyle and i enjoy it and i enjoy the message board bantar.

the more people bash the more we are going to do it. they motivate us.

now, these guys at a 60% + clip, my guess is they pick from everyone, which we dont.

did i miss something?

You two act like dooshes. And piss and moan when anyone's gives any kind of criticism.

you don't fit in.

you don't play well with others.

:wave:

QB stud is 22+ points- figure over 200 yards and 2 scores

QB dud is 18 or under

RB/wr stud is 14+ points- figure over 100 yards and the bonus or 80 and a TD

RB/wr dud is 13 or under

TE (if mentioned) stud is 12+

TE dud is 10 or less

I just read this post. You should reconsider those numbers.

Through week9, 12th in position ppg:

QB - 22

WR - 11.3

RB - 12.5

TE - 6.9

You are statistically stacking the deck on every position.

so would i get props if i said sit Michael Palmer and start Jimmy Graham? not sure what your expectations are?

Are you serious? You said Graham is a dud this week.

I asked why?

You quoted some inaccurate stats about Atlanta's pass defense.

My expectations are that you have a solid reasoning for your predictions.

Above and beyond that I don't care if you spout incoherent nonsense around these boards, we put up with much of that, but the fact that you talk down to everyone and assume everyone else has nothing to contribute really doesn't come off well.

I just read this post. You should reconsider those numbers.

Through week9, 12th in position ppg:

QB - 22

WR - 11.3

RB - 12.5

TE - 6.9

You are statistically stacking the deck on every position.

not sure i get what you are saying. can you clarify? i felt we are fair with what we think studs and duds are

Are you serious? You said Graham is a dud this week.

I asked why?

You quoted some inaccurate stats about Atlanta's pass defense.

My expectations are that you have a solid reasoning for your predictions.

Above and beyond that I don't care if you spout incoherent nonsense around these boards, we put up with much of that, but the fact that you talk down to everyone and assume everyone else has nothing to contribute really doesn't come off well.

so i missed one player who scored 14 pts against atlanta when every other tight end scored 8 or less. most under 5. you come on and just like to bash. almost as if by doing so it makes you smarter.

its all guess work. no skill, no previous stats, nothing dude, chill. ive been doing this for 21 years and i have been in ball breaking matches with the best. there is no formula. a lot of hunches. one thing i will say is its no fun picking adrian peterson as a stud. we take risks by picking secondary types as studs and superstars as duds so our WIN % will be lower than most. we can easily add 5 or 6 in there to up our numbers but that is not what is about and thats not fun.

our intention is a little free advice for those who may be struggling with who to play if they have injuries or bye week issues.

what is your formula? i'd love to hear it.