Sign in to follow this  
aggiewildlife

Greg Jennings

Any Green Bay homers, Jennings owners, or other people in the know have any idea what to expect from Greg Jennings for the rest of the season? He's available on waivers and I'm wondering what to expect, I haven't been following his progress. My understanding is he may be back in a couple of weeks. Can we expect he'll return to normal form right away once back or is this one to be treated cautiously?

Thanks.

You're suggesting that they're not going to rush Jennings back into action since they've got a good thing going with their current crop of receivers, or do you think he's now only their 4th best option upon returning?

You're suggesting that they're not going to rush Jennings back into action since they've got a good thing going with their current crop of receivers, or do you think he's now only their 4th best option upon returning?

At this point, both because both kind of are related to the other.

At this point, both because both kind of are related to the other.

...plus he is a FA at the end of the season. He might be a guy that they ease back in weeks 13-15 and then give him a shot in weeks 16-17 if necessary. I threw him back on the WW this week over a guy that could help me this FF season (D. Alexander) as I could not wait any longer. :dunno:

He's basically said he won't be returning to the packers so why play his whiny azz at all? They are fine w jordy, Cobb, jones. I really wish he would bow down and pledge allegiance to the packers and sign, but otherwise bye bye, go hang out with javon walker!

The Packers are not going to reduce Cobb's role and Jones has earned his playing time as well. I would anticipate a full blown rotation between the 4 of them (including Nelson) with Cobb getting the most snaps because of his versatility, and Jennings getting the fewest until he works himself back into game shape, which may not be until the end of the fantasy season.

He's basically said he won't be returning to the packers so why play his whiny azz at all? They are fine w jordy, Cobb, jones. I really wish he would bow down and pledge allegiance to the packers and sign, but otherwise bye bye, go hang out with javon walker!

and get shot or robbed?

I really wish he would bow down and pledge allegiance to the packers and sign, but otherwise bye bye, go hang out with javon walker!

Wait a second, Javon Walker's ALSO available in my league. Should I grab him? :rolleyes:

I just don't get these Wrs that put up stats with a HoF calibur qb and think they are gods gift to the nfl and leave. I hope Jennings enjoys playing for the Jags next year. Someone should tell him that taking a huge contract on a shite team and sucking will net you less money long run than just signing slightly less huge in GB and earning maybe even another contract.

at this time of the year i think it's worth the gamble to pick up a guy like greg jennings if he is available. it is not like the packers are 9-0 this year and in a position to rest guys. he has the talent and just because some james jones owner says he will be the 4th option when he returns doesn't mean the packers think that. i think they will give him this week and next week off before he comes back. if he happens to be hurt still so be it, you didn't pay much to get him.

also, you never know if jordy will get hurt again when greg is coming back. he will be fresh unlike everyone who played all year. i think he is worth stashing, greg himself even says he feels great. low risk, high reward

i'd also consider stashing pierre garcon if he's unowned. again, low risk dropping a bench player for someone with high potential when the redskins have a bad WR corps he can be their #1. again, it might not happen and he may even be put on IR but there is still that chance. might as well stash potential on your roster instead of bench warmers

and beanie wells if you need RB. odds are he will become a starter. sure he gets hurt every game it seems and he is a bad matchups on DEF in the playoff weeks of fantasy but you never know you could need him

Any Green Bay homers, Jennings owners, or other people in the know have any idea what to expect from Greg Jennings for the rest of the season? He's available on waivers and I'm wondering what to expect, I haven't been following his progress. My understanding is he may be back in a couple of weeks. Can we expect he'll return to normal form right away once back or is this one to be treated cautiously?

Thanks.

I'm a GB homer and if he's on waivers there's no question I'd pick him up and stash him. He could be fantasy gold come FF playoff time.