Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Runts

Chime in on this trade - approved by commish!

Long standing keeper league with credit system for re-signing players (four credits per year)...very little in the way of shady or questionable dealings ever - until today...

Team A gives Steve Johnson, Owen Daniels (inj), Kahlil Bell and Lions D & ten credits

Team B gives Wes Welker, Torrey Smith, Ray Rice and Falcons D

Commish approved trade based on credits adding value to the Team A offer.

Team B does not need credits and does not have any players worthy of re-signing

Commissioner and I are not involved in trade...

Team A gets four starters for a bench WR, a droppable D, an injured TE (TE not required) and a worthless RB

Please comment freely as the impartial jury!

How bad is the Owen Daniels injury? If he is out for the season then it's possibly a little lopsided, but if he will be back within the next month then I am unsure why anyone would question this.

I agree with the other posters here. Need alittle more info first.

Your a keeper league, so who's eligable to be kept?

And I don't understand the credit part?

Just because he has nothing you deem keeper worthy doesn't mean he doesn't think different. And I'm also assuming those credits carry over to future years? So he will have credits for next year/ or 5 years down the road.

Credits can be used to keep a player (four credits), or pick up a player (one credit). Teams generally start the year with 12 credits and can bank credits from year to year.

Credits have value if you have strong keepers, as you can keep more players for the following year.

I'm assuming he wants these ’credits ’ to keep other players on his team. Seems fine to me. Are you facing the guy that received these players and would rather he have ’credits’ instead of worthwhwhile players he could beat you with?

I'm 8-2 and in the playoffs already...

The team trading away players for credits doesn't have anyone worth keeping at this point. My main concern is that he drops out of the league next year and leaves a decimated dynasty team, making it difficult to find a replacement.

Owen Daniels is most likely back this week. I wouldn't use his injury as a value indicator. He's a top tier TE in most leagues.

The whole problem here is that your league allows teams to use these 'credits' in trades. Team B is obviously bailing on this season and preparing for next. Team A reaps the benefit and it throws the competitive balance off and screws teams C thru L.

I'm 8-2 and in the playoffs already...

The team trading away players for credits doesn't have anyone worth keeping at this point. My main concern is that he drops out of the league next year and leaves a decimated dynasty team, making it difficult to find a replacement.

What's the rest of his roster? Maybe he's got another deal in place to trade these newly acquired credits for other players.

I commish a keeper league & was surprised at some of the keeper selections this past offseason by some of the other owners in my league. However, it's their choice & not up to me.

If this is in fact a longstanding league, why would the owner trading away the "better" players leave?