Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

2 bold predictions on the 2 new QB starters

We are all excited after henne blew up and kap played like Steve young, But I'm here to throw some reality at these situations. I predict both fail to meet expectations.

Henne- This one is easy seeing as henne has basically never been good. Sure he played great but it was deceptive. 2 long Tds were runs after catch and could've been tackled. Also his % was less than 50, routine tackles on those plays means half the production. Iv seen henne work, he's a good backup but not a starter. Prediction: Titans blow him up. 235 1td 3int

Kapernick- the new darling. I'll admit he's got potential and he played fantastic. Bad news is he's got the saints...yes the last place defense saints. News flash, the start of the saints season was a fluke and they are back to 10' 11' form. Dominant O, big play D. They should be treated as an undefeated team. They will gameplan for kap and make him play catchup. Prediction: Niners could win this game, but kap won't play great- 206 1td 2ints

We are all excited after henne blew up and kap played like Steve young, But I'm here to throw some reality at these situations. I predict both fail to meet expectations.

Henne- This one is easy seeing as henne has basically never been good. Sure he played great but it was deceptive. 2 long Tds were runs after catch and could've been tackled. Also his % was less than 50, routine tackles on those plays means half the production. Iv seen henne work, he's a good backup but not a starter. Prediction: Titans blow him up. 235 1td 3int

Kapernick- the new darling. I'll admit he's got potential and he played fantastic. Bad news is he's got the saints...yes the last place defense saints. News flash, the start of the saints season was a fluke and they are back to 10' 11' form. Dominant O, big play D. They should be treated as an undefeated team. They will gameplan for kap and make him play catchup. Prediction: Niners could win this game, but kap won't play great- 206 1td 2ints

You may be correct on Henne, but there is no way that you're correct on Kaepernick.

I see him with 280yds +2TD +50yds rushing+1TD. 0 picks. Something like 23-31.

Over half way through the season, and they're putting up one of the worst defensive seasons of all time. Sure they held an overrated offense that nobody thinks is good anyways to just 17 points last week, but in case you didn't notice, they let a WR turned Fullback turned nfl starting running back put up almost 200 all purpose yards against them. With hardly any rushing experience, he averaged over 5 yards per carry. But ya, I totally see where you're coming from. Thanks for "throwing some reality" and for the "news flash" :lol:

Good post.

Agree on Henne, disagree on Kaepernick. The Saints defense has improved from the start of the season, but that won't stop Colin from putting up numbers. It's possible that Colin's real life performance is just so-so, but he'll put up numbers.

*Everyone throws for 3TDs against the Saints. Well, not literally, but factually speaking, every QB who has faced the Saints since the Saints' bye week has thrown for 3 TDs except for Vick.

*Josh Freeman threw for 3TDs. I think Kaepernick is as talented as Freeman. Freeman is obviously more experienced, but Kaepernick also adds running ability that Freeman doesn't have. But Kaepernick has some good coaching in his corner, and Harbaugh probably has some tricks up his sleeve.

*My random, unsupported prediction is that Kaepernick throws for at least 200 yards and 1TD and adds 50 yards and a rushing TD, with an interception and a fumble. That's still close to 20 fantasy points depending on format. I guess if expectations are higher than that, one could be in for disappointment.

Henne may not be good I agree but the Titans won't stop Blackmon this week. Henne will still be able to hit him and he'll do the rest.

Since I'm a Niners fan I'm gonna say we've got our future QB in Kaepernick. Very poised against the Bears and will do the same against the Saints. N.O. may try & focus on keeping Kaep from blowing up yardage but we still have a guy named Frank Gore. He may not reach Reece's numbers but fantasy owners of Gore will be glad this week. Kaepernick is gonna be the kind of QB that makes whatever WR's he has around him better.

Kaepernick is gonna be the kind of QB that makes whatever WR's he has around him better.

I have to disagree here. If kap blows up and even next year plays well, he is still a guy that needs talented Wrs. Peyton, Bree's, Brady, Rodgers, these are guys that make any wr look good and creates stars. Kap is not that type of player, even if he plays great.

I just picked up both of these guys in different leagues and already had Kaepernick in another. When a guy shines, there's always a lump at the end of your bench to make room for him. If you're slow to jump ... ah, forget it, he's gone. Your buddy picked him up.

Both Kaepernick and Henne came off the bench last week and tore apart top shelf defenses this past week. That says a lot. These Ds are at the top of the NFL mountain; life only gets easier from there. This week very much so- they both go in the opposite direction and get to play against two of God's gifts to opposing QBs.

Now, Kaepernick is new, while Henne -OK- we're all familiar with him from the last few year. Let me tell you something, if a QB can trash the Bears and Texans, he can trash the Saints and Titans. So I'm plus on both for this week. I want to see what happens with the comfort of having them on my bench.

Long term, I'd much rather roll with Kaepernick and I already had him on a dynasty league roster in anticipation of this moment. I also picked him up just now to be my QB2 in 12Geeks. As for Henne, I just cleared a spot in my other dynasty league roster for him. Now I'm not holding my breathe here, I'm familiar with his career. He's a FA pickup so I got him for dirt cheap just by cutting the last guy on my bench -my bye week fill-in kicker Connor Barth- to pick him up as a QB3 and can now roll the dice on him essentially for free.

I'm quietly excited for Kaepernick, just taking a chance on Henne. See how it works, if they impress me -great. Always willing to clear a spot. If I land on my face, so be it. I can get rid of them for some rookie hot-shot in next year's draft, roll with the QBs I already previously. No sweat.