Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Starks, done for the year?

Do they sign Hightower?

Per Rotoworld:

An NFL source tells ESPN Milwaukee James Starks suffered a knee injury in Sunday's win over the Vikings that could be season-ending.

Just saw this. When it was his job Green did not exactly set the world on fire

Report: Knee injury could land Starks on I.R.

An NFL source tells ESPN Milwaukee James Starks suffered a potentially season-ending knee injury in Sunday's win over the Vikings.

Per the source, the injury is not to Starks' ACL, and will not require surgery. However, with just four regular season games remaining, it could end his campaign. Coach Mike McCarthy made no mention of Starks' injury at Monday's press conference, but did say some players were still being evaluated. Splitting carries with Alex Green, Starks was effective against Minnesota, but is averaging just 3.6 yards per carry on the year. Green Bay could be forced to sign someone off the street to back up Green and John Kuhn if Starks' season is indeed through. Green is now the No. 1 running back on the majority of waiver wires.

Source: ESPN Milwaukee

Dec 4 - 10:19 PM

Considering that there's 0 left on the WW, I'll take the gamble. Dropped R.Jennings so I likely dropped 1 POS for another.

At least GBP play the Titans in wk 16.

I grabbed him and dumped Felix Jones. Hopefully I won't need to use him, but a bench upgrade is always welcome.

The Packers bring back Ryan Grant and i actually think that not this week but maybe week 15 or 16 Grant just might have some worth, he knows the system and as long as he stayed in shape while out he might get a chance cause A.Green clearly hasn't shown us anything so does anyone think Grant might have some worth??

It's hard to imagine a guy like Grant coming off the street this late in the season and serving as much more than an emergency backup, but who knows. I guess there's something to be said for "fresh legs".

Green's performance when he was getting 20 carries was far from satisfactory. In fact, the numbers say he runs better when he has LESS work. His YPC when he has 12 carries or fewer (4 games) is a robust 4.7. When he has more than 12 (3 games), a truly pathetic 2.4.

I could see the Packers mixing in other guys liberally to keep Green's workload in the range where he is more effective. But at the same time, I could see them giving him 20 carries again like last time. This one is a coin flip.

Nothing to see in all of this IMO.

Sure...you could do worse than Green as a possible injury thing in deep leagues.

But he is not going to get goalline looks. So you have to hope he does what Starks did and score from 20 yards out.

I guess a decent flex option in ppr...but not much else.

Grant will be a 10 carry or so guy...Green 10-15...Kuhn about 5...and even could throw in some Cobb.

Green simply was not a guy to carry the load and the run game did better with the 1-2 punch of him and STarks.