Sign in to follow this  
LunaTick

Oakland Raiders road to relevance

Note: I am not a Raider fan, nor have I seen a game. I just know now that the late Al Davis is no longer at the helm (this last decade was a bit erratic).

How would you see the Raiders getting back to the path of relevance?

Lets start basic

How is their Offensive Line? Poo®.

Do they have anything to build around?

Anyone they do have, worthwhile to retain for a draft or two?

As depth?

From the experts online, it would appear the Raider Oline is an issue.

Just look at Arizona and Chicago to see the importance of an Oline.

Yes, it may be best for a team to lose out on the next Peyton Manning if they do not have enough pieces on Oline to protect them now if not 2 years from now.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

They do have O-Line issues, but they cannot stop anyone either. At this point, I would think they have to take the best available player. It may get worse before it gets better. Moore looked better last season and Heyward-Bey hasn't looked spectacular either. Palmer isn't going to beat anyone on his own and by the time they have a team around him, he will no longer be relevant.

I think the NFL is a better league with a good Raiders franchise, but they are a ways off.

Definitely BPA, and stop trading away all their draft picks. Might as well utilize Palmer for what he is worth after what they gave up to get him - heck, just having them stop chasing after ridiculous QB prospects and start focusing on other positions would be helpful in and of itself.

Definitely BPA, and stop trading away all their draft picks. Might as well utilize Palmer for what he is worth after what they gave up to get him - heck, just having them stop chasing after ridiculous QB prospects and start focusing on other positions would be helpful in and of itself.

So, in general, it would be better to trade down their first and second round picks to get quantity of quality players in the next couple of drafts.

Thereby, passing up a Luck type player this years for the sake of developing up for two to three?

This may sound crazy but I believe the raiders are a decent BPA draft and a bill cowher as coach away from a winning season. A new coach and coordinator would go a long way for this team. Palmer and DMC are both guys that need the situation tailored for them to thrive.

So, in general, it would be better to trade down their first and second round picks to get quantity of quality players in the next couple of drafts.

Thereby, passing up a Luck type player this years for the sake of developing up for two to three?

I wouldn't trade down unless there was really no one at the spot that they could use. BPA just means you don't reach in the draft for questionable players (which the Raiders do on a regular basis), take the best available and work around the weakness in your team with lower quality players. No team is perfect, but if you have a higher average quality of player at every position, it is much easier to work around your weaknesses.

They don't need a Luck to win - Palmer isn't terrible, he just needs help.

Do they even have any picks in the first or 2nd rnds this coming draft? I thought they gave it all up for Palmer.

Tough to win without a QB. So just keep drafting them until you get one. And then if you have an extra? Those are easy to trade away for picks.

Do they even have any picks in the first or 2nd rnds this coming draft? I thought they gave it all up for Palmer.

The Raiders should have a top 5 pick if they continue their losing ways. Their second round pick goes to the Bengals.

Who is the Luck type player at QB they shouldn't pass up on in this draft? There are none. That is almost an unfair comparison as no one since Manning has had the hoopla surrounding him like Luck. He is a once in a decade type of player.

I would not suggest they trade down, but I would suggest they NOT draft a QB. Why would you want to bring a rookie in with that offensive line and the undisciplined WR's they have? They need a hardline coach to put some of their players in their respective places. Is it just me or does it always seem like their WR's, TE's, RB's and Linemen are often injured? Something isn't right there. lol