Sign in to follow this  
JtmoneyJag

Looking through the trash for my RB2

Yes, I'm sure many of you are very, very jealous of my wonderful RB2 situation. I got to this position because I drafted a lot of potential on my bench that never really hit (Peyton Hillis, J. Rodgers) and was very high on Darren McFadden (and I've never been high on him) this year and he was my 1st round pick. Okay, here is where you can tell me that I'm an idiot for drafting McFadden in the 1st round... noted, thanks. So, I ended up trading McFadden, Reece and Julio Jones for Vincent Jackson and Fred Jackson. Right now, my RB2 is a complete and absolute mess. I picked up Rashad Jennings a while back and of course Fred Jackson is hurt. So I am now left for dumpster diving and hope I can squeaze 7-9 points from what is available. Here are my top (use that word very loosely) options:

Ben Tate

LeMichael James

William Powell

Justin Forsett

Dujuan Harris

Robert Turbin

Mike Goodson

Daryl Richardson

And yeah, it just gets worse from there. Since I have been incapable of filling that spot I come to you board of knowledge. Who should I start in my RB2 spot?

definitely tate. If they get a lead on Indy, they'll start limiting foster's touches to save him for the postseason. Good luck.

Yes, Tate is the play. From CBS Sports:

"Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Wednesday running back Ben Tate is "very close" to regaining his backup running back job behind Arian Foster and maybe be ready to carry the football 15 times. Kubiak said Tate's conditioning level has improved. Tate has played in the last two games after missing four games with a hamstring injury."

(Updated 12/12/12)

I would also pick Tate. The Texans are already in "save Arian for the playoffs" mode.

Reading reports like Tate almost back from hamstring injury and foster still carrying the load worries me a little.

Anyone like LeMichael James?

Anyone like LeMichael James?

I think he will see plenty of week 17 work, but week 15-16 games are too important. Barring injury, I think you are looking at like 4-6 carries max.