Sign in to follow this  
DallasJones

Playoffs? List your High Risk High Rewards Players

"Guys who you will wish you would have played... but chose your consistant keepers instead.

Like:

Bryce Brown

David Wilson

Knowshon Moreno

DeMarco Murray

Lance Moore

Tori Smith

Mike Wallace

Denarious Moore

Josh Freeman

Andrew Luck

Matt Schaub

Ryan Matthews.

Yup, Mathews and McFadden are going to come back to haunt me. Guaranteed.

I'd list Dez Bryant as high risk right now. I'm worried about how effective he can be with his broken surgery that he's delaying surgery on. It'd be a shame to get a dud from him

Yup, Mathews and McFadden are going to come back to haunt me. Guaranteed.

This has me nervous as well as the owner I'm playing is starting both against me.

David Wilson. I dont know whether I should play him or keep Spiller and Moreno in :unsure:

Let me help you. Remove Moreno and put Wilson in. ATL stinks against the run (evidenced by DEANGELO having a good week last week). ATL is good at defending the pass. This equals D WILSON early and often. As a Giants "homer" i've been waiting for this all year. That being said, PRAY PRAY PRAY he doesn't cough the ball up early in this game. Only thing that is going to cap his potential sunday.

SEA has been a little "softer" on the run as of late...and SPILLER is nasty. Straight NASTY. SPILLER and WILSON will help you win. Merry Christmas.

Maybe Josh Freeman.. if I defy my instincts.. and play blue chip Aaron Rodgers anyway. (still 50-50 on this).

Lance Moore (but prob rolling with Darren Sproles in my Flex instead)

TY Hilton. He seems to come on every other week or so.. and score in bunches. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him put up a long TD.. while Roddy or Welker do less than they're projected to do. I feel good about the way Steve Smith with Cam is coming on though.

:overhead:

Maybe Josh Freeman.. if I defy my instincts.. and play blue chip Aaron Rodgers anyway. (still 50-50 on this).

Lance Moore (but prob rolling with Darren Sproles in my Flex instead)

TY Hilton. He seems to come on every other week or so.. and score in bunches. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him put up a long TD.. while Roddy or Welker do less than they're projected to do. I feel good about the way Steve Smith with Cam is coming on though.

:overhead:

I'm not necessarily advising you to bench Rodgers, I'm just putting this little factoid from my league out there. Every time the Packers play the Bears during fantasy playoffs (which I think has been every year he's been a starter...would have to check on that), the Rodgers owner in my league has been ousted from the playoffs for like 3-4 years straight. The Bears know how to limit Rodgers and it seems he always plays well, but doesn't have good fantasy numbers against them. He's viewed as the QB you love to have until the playoffs come around in my league...Matt Ryan, if you will.

I'm not necessarily advising you to bench Rodgers, I'm just putting this little factoid from my league out there. Every time the Packers play the Bears during fantasy playoffs (which I think has been every year he's been a starter...would have to check on that), the Rodgers owner in my league has been ousted from the playoffs for like 3-4 years straight. The Bears know how to limit Rodgers and it seems he always plays well, but doesn't have good fantasy numbers against them. He's viewed as the QB you love to have until the playoffs come around in my league...Matt Ryan, if you will.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the insight. :doublethumbsup:

Just, in a vacuum.. for this Week 15 consideration. there are just to many things I don't love about the matchup. I won't get into them here.. and turn this into a whole WSIS? discussion.

He's not even the guy "that brung me". I rode RG3 for about half the reg. season.

I just see Freeman's ceiling to being about the same.. and his floor, versus the Saints in a Superdome track meet, to be much higher. I also consider a good RB.. who catches passes and extends drives, to be an asset, rather than a liability.

Maybe i''ve decided.. I just have to actually pull the plug on AR this week. In a nasty semis game. :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll both do well and i'll rock it either way. :shocking: