Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

"Bummer."

Exploitation of the rules. I guarantee you the competition committee changes this before next season.

Holding in the Endzone with under two minutes will result in time being added back to the clock.

Exploitation of the rules. I guarantee you the competition committee changes this before next season.

Holding in the Endzone with under two minutes will result in time being added back to the clock.

So you're telling me now refs will have to determine whether the holding was intentional then as well.

Additionally, if holding is called against the Ravens AND the 49ers had committed a penalty in that play, they would've offset and the down would be replayed. Its not as easy as just changing it because a few people piss and moan after the game.

What if a team is losing and accidentally commits a holding safety? Does time not come off the clock?

So you're telling me now refs will have to determine whether the holding was intentional then as well.

What if a team is losing and accidentally commits a holding safety? Does time not come off the clock?

I fail to see why that would even matter. Under two minutes left with or without the rule change, that team just lost.

Stop the clock at the time the penalty occurred. Intent has nothing to do with it.

Its the second loophole harbaugh found in the rules...the first was practicing a fg on the field during a stop in play.

Both Harbaughs are just bush league coaches

Its the second loophole harbaugh found in the rules...the first was practicing a fg on the field during a stop in play.

That seems pretty smart to me. If there is no downside to holding, why not hold the fock out of them to make the play go even longer? To have your head about you during the SB to tell the players that they can do that is darn good coaching.

That seems pretty smart to me. If there is no downside to holding, why not hold the fock out of them to make the play go even longer? To have your head about you during the SB to tell the players that they can do that is darn good coaching.

Agreed. I see nothing wrong with the play.

But I fully expect some sort of rule change. Theoretically you could have 10 guys hold 10 defenders (the 11th being the returner), and have the punter just run around for 5 minutes taking time off the clock.

It may not have an "easy fix", but an offensive penalty against the team with a lead in the final 2:00 resets the game clock should do the trick.

Agreed. I see nothing wrong with the play.

But I fully expect some sort of rule change. Theoretically you could have 10 guys hold 10 defenders (the 11th being the returner), and have the punter just run around for 5 minutes taking time off the clock.

It may not have an "easy fix", but an offensive penalty against the team with a lead in the final 2:00 resets the game clock should do the trick.

Agree. I think the "fix" is that holding in the end zone with under two minutes on the clock results in time being added, and perhaps even the other team automatically getting the ball on the 50 or something.....

Agree. I think the "fix" is that holding in the end zone with under two minutes on the clock results in time being added, and perhaps even the other team automatically getting the ball on the 50 or something.....

Or maybe asses the 10 yards for holding on the ensuing kickoff.

Your conclusion does not follow.

Your conclusion does not follow.

Thanks for the explanation.

Running your kicker out during a timeout to kick a practice FG on the actual field is bushleague, about as bushleague as you can get.

Running your kicker out during a timeout to kick a practice FG on the actual field is bushleague, about as bushleague as you can get.

Actually, posting Steeler videos in Seahawks offseason thread as a HAHA is about as bushleague as it gets. But, you seem to be the expert on bushleague so I'll defer.

Or maybe asses the 10 yards for holding on the ensuing kickoff.

I think it needs to be more than that. I think the only time you would really do this is to run time off the clock, so put that time back on, plus give the yardage etc.....