Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Forums Upgrade

Guys,

If you haven't noticdd the forums have a new look!

First, I inderstand that some people don't like change in these situations and that's perfectly fine but I think once you get used to the layout and board features you'll find the upgrade is a step up from the previous version of the software. I certainly do. As kutulu pointed out, this upgrade had to be done as Invision was no longer going to support the old version of our forums.

Second, there may be a few glitches that will need to get ironed out. Please post any issues you may be having in this thread and I will investigate them over the weekend.

MK

I personally like the new layout.

However, as a part-time poster but a full-time lurker.... I would like the return of a drop down box from any page to jump from one board to another in one click.

Yes, I'm that lazy.

Hi mike

only thing i've noticed is that on my phone, when browsing the old forum I had no trouble going right away to the most recent post of a thread or at least the last page of a longer thread.... With the new forum, it doesn't let me unless I choose to "display full site" which then seems to be kind of glitchy.

probably just a function of the mobile version I am missing

Hi mike

only thing i've noticed is that on my phone, when browsing the old forum I had no trouble going right away to the most recent post of a thread or at least the last page of a longer thread.... With the new forum, it doesn't let me unless I choose to "display full site" which then seems to be kind of glitchy.

probably just a function of the mobile version I am missing

If you click the blue circle or star next to the thread title it will send you to first unread post in the topic. This features works when browsing the forums on my iPhone. I'll check the feature list regarding navigating to a specific page in a thread.

I believe you are getting resistance from some because they are a bunch of old crabby bastards. I like the new look.

However, as a part-time poster but a full-time lurker.... I would like the return of a drop down box from any page to jump from one board to another in one click.

Yes, I'm that lazy.

I liked that drop-down too but was that even in the last version of the forums, or two versions ago? Can't remember. If it is't here now then the forum developer probably scrapped it.

Yes, I'm that lazy.

It the top righthand corner of the every page there is a "Quick Navigation" icon (looks like a lightbulb) that will let you jump from one forum to another. The icon is next to the text, "View New Content".

It the top righthand corner of the every page there is a "Quick Navigation" icon (looks like a lightbulb) that will let you jump from one forum to another. The icon is next to the text, "View New Content".

Thank you very much, it probably would've taken me another year to stumble across that.

No more complaints from me, everything looks great.

I like the new look as well! Nicely done!!