Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft disscussion

Hate to go backup this early but Fosters workload has me spooked heading into this year.

Hate to go backup this early but Fosters workload has me spooked heading into this year.

its a sound and logical pick, HT.

those r the kind that make sense here in these middle rds.

rumor is a certain left handed qb has landed in boston.

rumored to be taken 10-15 snaps per gm.

whoever has that old qb really needs to look into th handcuff here in the 8th, or nlt the 9th.

--ballard should not have made it this far. he's not sexy, but is easlily an rb2. something people arent noticing is he ca catch and will cathc passes in this new non-arians offense

I was kind of thinking the same thing with my BJGE at 8.04. The guy finished as the 21st rb in our league last year and didn't even play week 17 and barely week 16 or else he would've been around the 15th rb. I know they drafted a sexy rookie rb, but BJGE as my #4 in the 8th round is a steal. He's the starting RB for a playoff caliber team. Why no love?

I was kind of thinking the same thing with my BJGE at 8.04. The guy finished as the 21st rb in our league last year and didn't even play week 17 and barely week 16 or else he would've been around the 15th rb. I know they drafted a sexy rookie rb, but BJGE as my #4 in the 8th round is a steal. He's the starting RB for a playoff caliber team. Why no love?

thats another good pick, imo, if not a steal.

ur logic is consistent with mine in this case.

fwiw, i have bge on short list here this rd.

i really think u own the back that gets the most carries in that backfield.

ull be in my 8th rd value picks post draft for this pick.

Great James jones pick moz. Should have been gone two rounds ago

Great James jones pick moz. Should have been gone two rounds ago

Take away James Jones' ridiculous TD numbers and his stats don't look that good... He was putting up 2 rec 2 TD games last year when I was starting him... With Nelson back, and a new RB squad, I just don't see him putting up consistent numbers as their #3 WR this year. He will be hit or miss and tough to start...

Damn you WW - not that he was going to make it back to me at 9.09. I had Mike Williams or Denario Alexander pegged last round. I went with Mike Williams hoping Alexander might slide. NOPE

Take away James Jones' ridiculous TD numbers and his stats don't look that good... He was putting up 2 rec 2 TD games last year when I was starting him... With Nelson back, and a new RB squad, I just don't see him putting up consistent numbers as their #3 WR this year. He will be hit or miss and tough to start...

i had jones adp between 6.11 and 7.03, moz get him at 8.06. pretty good lookn at it that way.

i had jones adp between 6.11 and 7.03, moz get him at 8.06. pretty good lookn at it that way.

value-wise, maybe... but i just don't see him as a legit starter unless someone else gets hurt... and there are still other legit starters out there...

i agree with you that in PPR, he probably was more of a headache to own. I posted a bit about this on the main board but I view his TD total similar to nelsons of 2011 in that it is not sustainable. The one thing I like about Jones is that he didn't rely on a redic deep ball conversion rate like Nelson did. did a lot of work in the red zone. Jennings being gone will increase targets for all 3 remaining WR's and I def think Jones is a nice steal in round 8 especially as a wr4

value-wise, maybe... but i just don't see him as a legit starter unless someone else gets hurt... and there are still other legit starters out there...

oh, i agree. he's a dnd for me until rd 15. jus offering some perspective.

I almost took Danario 15 picks ago.

yep, I do get to keep him in another league fortunately. I really like his potential this year.

yep, I do get to keep him in another league fortunately. I really like his potential this year.

I'm in a keeper league where we only keep 1WR, 1RB, and 1TEorDefense. My receivers in 2012 were Brandon Marshall, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, AND Danario Alexander. Luckily for everyone else in my league I can only keep 1 but it won't be Danario, but I will bid a good amount on him and hope his auction value is low in that league.

injuries worry me with Danario... he needs to at least last more games than Chris Ivory for me to feel good about him...

injuries worry me with Danario... he needs to at least last more games than Chris Ivory for me to feel good about him...

:lol:

if he last more games than DMC?

Yea, but when you consider you took McFadden in round 2 and RGIII, what's one more risk?

Yea, but when you consider you took McFadden in round 2 and RGIII, what's one more risk?

hey, i didn't say i wasn't planning on drafting him this round if he made it to me... :banana:

I have Danario ranked WR24.

i think that's fair given he was #19 in PPG last year (with a 0.0 factored in) and the fact he has a new coach and new offensive system... he has all of the talent, he just falls apart.

Damn you all after my BJGE pick. Holy fock can you take all the guys I like in sequence in the WR department.

Jebeezus - All four of those WR's I was hoping would maybe be available when it came back to me. James Jones, Denario Alexander, Josh Gordon, and Lance Moore will all be worthy. Not sure which one of them will be the best in 2013, but dammit, one of them really wanted to be on Joc's Strappers team. They whispered it to me. I'm going to look into my crystal ball and rank them for years end ranking on the 2013 MFFL top performers list. Even the 4th guy will help your team IMO, even if he isn't in your weekly lineup and I rank him 4th.

#1 Denario Alexander

#2 Lance Moore

#3 James Jones

#4 Josh Gordon

Josh Gordon gets this ranking b/c it's hard to average in 4 zeros to begin the year. However...,,,this guy might make you a championship team later in the season after the suspension, game speed, and qb to wr rust wears off.

The Vereen and Ingram picks - not bad, but my RB corps is too strong at this point for either of you. Sorry

Josh Gordon only got a 2 game suspension.

(Rotoworld) The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Josh Gordon is already in Stage 3 of the NFL's drug program and is now one failed drug test away from a one-year suspension. Analysis: Gordon's February failed drug test for codeine was his "second strike," suggesting he either failed another drug test before that, or entered the NFL already in the league's drug program. The codeine test vaulted Gordon into Stage 3. As Browns beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot writes, "One more failed test and Gordon's storybook NFL career could be in serious jeopardy." Players suspended for one ye... (More)

you're right, must of been the other guy I was thinking that receive the 4 game suspension. Maybe he moves to the second position after my adjustment:) Thanks for the update, I can't believe I was wrong on this one. I read the updates daily, and this one just registered wrong in my mind.

i just sent Joc my picks for the next round... i only sent 2, so if ahill picks them both you'll have to wait til morning for my picks...

i just sent Joc my picks for the next round... i only sent 2, so if ahill picks them both you'll have to wait til morning for my picks...

I'm not going to make it much longer. It's been a hard 10 days and my eyeballs are ready to close, lay my head on the feather pillow, turn on the fan next to my head, and dream about my 2013 mffl championship trophy!

ok, I'm back just to see if Ahill's online and yes he is. I haveFamous' pick and will do so if Ahill picks soon.

ok, I'm back just to see if Ahill's online and yes he is. I have Moz's pick and will do so if Ahill picks soon.

kol im around to make my pick to, if needed.

I meant to say Famous' pick. Non the less, Ahill is gone. I hate to PM another's person pm Dehaven. I think it's over until the morning.

Sorry fellas. Was on the road and noticed it was my pick and just got home. Wanted to check a couple things before I picked.

ur alright bra.

were doing good so far. :thumbsup:

i wont be around til after lunch tomorrow.

ahill has my cell number tho to txt me jus in case it gets to me b4.

I'm pretty stoked about getting a potential starting RB in pead all the way in the 9th round. I'm anxious to see what this kid can do in the pros, as he was pretty dynamic in college.

i think there were several of us wondering how far Blackmon could slide before someone would grab him... i know he was the next guy on my list - but i just couldn't pull the trigger yet (i needed more RB support with the question marks of health i already have...)

im gone for the morning and we get 2 picks done?

safe to say weve reached the end of the player knowledge database for some of u i see.