Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft disscussion

Rob Chudzinski is in Cleveland now. Don't know who Carolinas OC is this year or how much he will utilize Olsen

It's Mike Shula, who was the QB coach the last two years... Still, its a fair thought the TE favor may decrease slightly.

If i didn't have a conviction about Dennis Pitta this year, i would have opted to wait until about now and gone with a guy like Olsen. He was even a consideration for me with my last pick because with the dual flex, it's not unreasonable to flex a guy like Olsen in a pinch.

No point in rushing picks. I am boarding the plane. I do have a 3 hour layover in the netherlands though.

Megla - Denarius Moore was already selected...

When? I didn't see him in the Players taken thread

When? I didn't see him in the Players taken thread

Got it, didn't see that the first post in that thread was not the updated one, pickchanged

Got it, didn't see that the first post in that thread was not the updated one, pickchanged

no, u changd the wrong pick, megla.

d moore was drafted already(9.08)

no, u changd the wrong pick, megla.

d moore was drafted already(9.08)

Doesn't matter. We know who his other pick is, so he drafted Givens and Dalton. We can keep on trucking here.

Doesn't matter. We know who his other pick is, so he drafted Givens and Dalton. We can keep on trucking here.

i know, maybe we should post it in the draft thread, too?

could be a bit confusing.

Corrected

:thumbsup:

Corrected

Cool, I looked and it didn't seem like you were still here.

K Try driving

ive tried it, its not that hard. :dunno:

unless u mean golfballs, which is hard.

i've just figured out my next two draft picks... y'all are focked!!!

this is like taking candy from a baby... or, in Mozism - like hooking up with fat desperate chicks at the bar.

Visiting family starting tomorrow out of town, so will be around less.

dobson has bee a little slow out of the gate in minicamp, but he's still time to find the spot opposite amendola. good rec @ marshall, good upside.

Mozism - like hooking up with my fat desperate wife at the bar.

Dude even I have standards. :) I mean somewhere a line must be drawn.

Im actually pretty stoked about getting Quick, not that I think he's a great value here, pretty much just a flier at this point... But I can definitely see him stepping it up in a big way this year. If not, oh well... :)

I hope so for Bradford's sake. Not holding my breath though. Even if he improves in dramatic fashion from last year that a lot of mouths to feed. Givens, Cook, Austin,Quick

Im actually pretty stoked about getting Quick, not that I think he's a great value here, pretty much just a flier at this point... But I can definitely see him stepping it up in a big way this year. If not, oh well... :)

Yeah, at this point, most of the picks we make are going to be fliers that you just stash and hope they pan out. If you're getting a starting WR at this point with some upside, you have to be happy about it.

I hope so for Bradford's sake. Not holding my breath though. Even if he improves in dramatic fashion from last year that a lot of mouths to feed. Givens, Cook, Austin,Quick

I actually like Quick more than Givens or Austin... More than Givens because Quick can lineup all over the place. More than Austin because Austin is a midget rookie headcase. :lol:

Tavon Austin is a stud - I only didn't take him because he is a rookie on a bad team. IMO Austin is the player everyone thought Peter Warrick MIGHT be. I think Austin becomes a a better version of Steve Smith

I like Givens the best because he looked good in real games last year instead of shorts and tshirt practices. I have Quick in a dynasty league and spent a late 1st on him after buying some early season hype. I'm hoping he can be a strong RZ presence if nothing else

New Rules I may implement for this season include.

Any QB that has won 3 or more Superbowls gets an automatic 25 FF PT's to start every week

The starting RB for the current SB champions gets the same 25 point bump to start anyweek

Any WR on the Bears has all their points X3.

I just feel these rules add something to the league.

Rookie Montee Ball is locked in as the Broncos' feature back following the release of Willis McGahee. Ronnie Hillman is a change-of-pace option and there's no guarantee Knowshon Moreno (knee surgery) will even make the final roster. The Broncos used a second-round pick on Ball for a reason; they're going to ride him as a feature back. A downhill runner with a one-cut style that fits the scheme, Ball is a surefire RB2 and has RB1 upside in the Broncos' high-powered offense. McGahee and Moreno combined for 305 carries, 1,256 yards and eight touchdowns last season.

:overhead:

Rookie Montee Ball is locked in as the Broncos' feature back following the release of Willis McGahee. Ronnie Hillman is a change-of-pace option and there's no guarantee Knowshon Moreno (knee surgery) will even make the final roster. The Broncos used a second-round pick on Ball for a reason; they're going to ride him as a feature back. A downhill runner with a one-cut style that fits the scheme, Ball is a surefire RB2 and has RB1 upside in the Broncos' high-powered offense. McGahee and Moreno combined for 305 carries, 1,256 yards and eight touchdowns last season.

:overhead:

If John Fox wasn't the coach I might agree he has nice potential. While I know Elway runs the show - I also know Fox runs it during the games -- And I cannot see Ball getting more than 50% of the snaps as I cannot see ball being able to pass protect. Manjing is the Bronco's and if he goes out there season is finished. Moreno is one of the better pass protectors around and even if Moreno is hurt which he often is I still see Hillman then taking a good chunk away. Sorry I just find Bell and Giovanni as the best Rookie RB options.

If John Fox wasn't the coach I might agree he has nice potential. While I know Elway runs the show - I also know Fox runs it during the games -- And I cannot see Ball getting more than 50% of the snaps as I cannot see ball being able to pass protect. Manjing is the Bronco's and if he goes out there season is finished. Moreno is one of the better pass protectors around and even if Moreno is hurt which he often is I still see Hillman then taking a good chunk away. Sorry I just find Bell and Giovanni as the best Rookie RB options.

John Fox was the HC up until the minute Peyton Manning signed on. At that point Fox was demoted to DC... Peyton runs that offense and will do whatever he wants. That is evidenced by simply looking at the play calling last year. How many times did DEN run the draw on 3rd and long? If Peyton wants to go for it on 3rd or 4th down, he will. If Peyton prefers a certain RB, that RB is going to be in the huddle...

John Fox was the HC up until the minute Peyton Manning signed on. At that point Fox was demoted to DC... Peyton runs that offense and will do whatever he wants. That is evidenced by simply looking at the play calling last year. How many times did DEN run the draw on 3rd and long? If Peyton wants to go for it on 3rd or 4th down, he will. If Peyton prefers a certain RB, that RB is going to be in the huddle...

Okay - you think Peyton wants a guy that can't block that well for him -- when he knows it's a passing offense -- over a guy he knows can block very well and is a solid receiver in Moreno?

Okay - you think Peyton wants a guy that can't block that well for him -- when he knows it's a passing offense -- over a guy he knows can block very well and is a solid receiver in Moreno?

Not certain where you get Ball can't block...?

"Ball was used sparingly in the Badgers' passing game but is a willing pass blocker, which will help him see the field early."

I expect Moreno to beat out Montee Ball and start for the Broncos. Only reason I didn't take Moreno way earlier in this draft is I knew everyone else likely believes the Montee Ball hype.

Moreno is the DEN version of Deshaun Foster... He couldn't beat out McGahee (Stephen Davis) and had his replacement drafted in Ball (DWil) before he ever gets a chance to prove himself; so that he'll have a tough time getting the workload majority.

And hasn't he been in Fox's doghouse the last two years for not giving 100% all of the time?

He gave 100% to beat out Hillman and start several games at the end of last year.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a Moreno fan since he came out of Georgia... But beating out a scat back in Hillman wasn't really "winning" the job after Willis went down.

I actually could see it as a timeshare, but think Ball is the more likely option for red zone looks do to his forward lean.