Sign in to follow this  
montana

Drafting from 10 spot?

I'm the 10 spot (last) this year in the only league I won last year & have been goofing around on ESPN mocks tonight.

I normally grab at least 1 RB in the first 2 rounds (picks 11 & 12) but for shiets & giggles look at this last one I did. I kinda like it & think I could possibly pull this off in the real draft because everyone goes rb heavy.

QB Romo (Eli)

RB Bush, Bell (Lacy/Mendenhall/D.Richardson)

WR Megatron, Dez (Bowe/T.Austin/D.Moore)

TE Cook (Cameron)

D Bears

K Dawson

I went:

Megatron

Dez

Bush

Bell

Bowe

Lacy

Am I crazy? I truly think this could work & be VERY competitive. Thoughts?

i think right after you pick megatron ..i bet before your turn around pick bryant is gone

I understand & agree that RB's will dominate most 1st rounds but I'd be surprised to see if Calvin makes it to the 10th pick this season but that's beside the point.

I'm not sure I'd wanna roll with Reggie Bush as my RB1 in any scoring format as well as having to rely on two rookies to produce. Calvin Johnson paired with a combination of A. Morris/M. Lynch/M. Forte/CJ2K would be the route I'd go personally but to each their own.

If I have Megatron and I do in my main keeper league, 'm avoiding Reggie Bush as they will be competing for the same ball.

I also think its iffy if CJ falls to 10. This year I like last pick as a great RB RB landing spot. With a top pick its hard to get 2 GOOD rbs since they drop off hard around 12-14. So last pick still gets you the last 2 of your top 10-11RBs and thats if nobody makes any odd picks in rnd 1. Theres usually someone who takes calvin or Rodgers or brees. Usually RB WR/QB is a safe last pick start but its rb rb all day if im picking there this draft.

I think this is a potentially very viable strategy depending on your league scoring and roster requirements. My main league is a 12 team PPR where you start 1 RB, 1 WR and 2 flex. If I am drafting towards the end of the 1st round I will definitely debate the merits of taking 2 "pretty good" RB's in the 1st/2nd vs. 2 top flight WR's and/or Jimmy Graham. Would I feel better selecting a combo of Megatron, Dez (who I think will have a huge year), AJ Green, or Jimmy Graham instead of some combo of Morris, SJax and Forte? Quite possibly yes.

However, if you use that strategy you have to nail a couple of high risk/high reward RB's in rd 3-6

Bell

Ball

Miller

Wilson

Bush

etc.

The roster looks good in the preseason, but how will Bush produce on turf? Will his knees hold up? That was a big issue in New Orleans. I'm not buying the hype on Bell at all and think Lacy is a much better option considering their draft slots today. You may have good WR's, but the RB's aren't going to compete with an owner who took Forte & CJ2K, but was still able to get Bowe and Garcon, or something of the ilk. You know from history that Bush isn't playing in 16 games on turf. It won't happen. Not many rookie RB's come in and blow people away either. If you are going to take a WR early, I would do as suggested above and make certain you get a RB at the 1.10.

The roster looks good in the preseason, but how will Bush produce on turf? Will his knees hold up? That was a big issue in New Orleans. I'm not buying the hype on Bell at all and think Lacy is a much better option considering their draft slots today. You may have good WR's, but the RB's aren't going to compete with an owner who took Forte & CJ2K, but was still able to get Bowe and Garcon, or something of the ilk. You know from history that Bush isn't playing in 16 games on turf. It won't happen. Not many rookie RB's come in and blow people away either. If you are going to take a WR early, I would do as suggested above and make certain you get a RB at the 1.10.

I have to agree that the RB's in that group are by no means sure things. If you have confidence that a couple of them can step in and give RB2 level production it can work well.

Not gonna lie. Dont like it at all. RBs are extremely iffy and I would have no confidence starting them at all.

I have a hard believing Reggie Bush will last until pick 36 in a live draft. Plus as others have stated, I would be happy with Bush as my rb2 but very leery if he's my rb1.

I brought this thread back up per the request made earlier.