Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Grease Monkey PSA 8/9/2013

Don't ever buy parts from AutoZone.

That is all.

I am replacing a bumper on a 2007 chevy impala. It is a company car that was rear ended, but I am just going to fix it myself rather than go through the hassle of dealing with the incident reports I would have to fill out.

If I got

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/AC/18620-04044253.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=AYY&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=2006-2013+Chevrolet+Impala+Bumper+Cover+Action+Crash+GM1100736V+Rear+06-13+Chevrolet+Bumper+Cover+2009+2007&fp=pp&gbm=a&gclid=CMSwpIC18bgCFUyi4Aod30QACQ

Would I have to order mounting brackets or well, or do you think that comes with everything needed to mount the bumper. I have painted car parts before and I own the gear. I am not very good, but I am good enough to do a passable job that will last a year until this car is retired.

I am replacing a bumper on a 2007 chevy impala. It is a company car that was rear ended, but I am just going to fix it myself rather than go through the hassle of dealing with the incident reports I would have to fill out.

If I got

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/AC/18620-04044253.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=AYY&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=2006-2013+Chevrolet+Impala+Bumper+Cover+Action+Crash+GM1100736V+Rear+06-13+Chevrolet+Bumper+Cover+2009+2007&fp=pp&gbm=a&gclid=CMSwpIC18bgCFUyi4Aod30QACQ

Would I have to order mounting brackets or well, or do you think that comes with everything needed to mount the bumper. I have painted car parts before and I own the gear. I am not very good, but I am good enough to do a passable job that will last a year until this car is retired.

I seriously doubt that it would come with the mounting brackets, but I've never dealt with them, so I don't know. :dunno:

Seriously? How bad is it? I just bought an alternator mine kicked the bucket and there is an autozone right down the street so I walked down picked one up and swapped it out....FYI it's not as easy as it should be in a 4.0 Ranger (too much crap in the way)

I like O'Reilly's. If you give them an auto color, they can get you a spray can of the paint mixed up for a fair price. I got mine the same day I ordered it. It was a great match.

If I got

Usually companies don't want you to do anything yourself on their cars, I know it's a pain in the ass but I would just follow the procedures.