Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Mendenhall

I draft in a few hours and I was targeting Mendelhall in the later rounds, but I know he was hurt last night. Any updates?

Rotowire says he was walking on the sidelines after the injury. That would imply it is not serious, but his past knee problems are a worry. I'd be careful and look to see if there are better and safer options out there before picking him.

Coach Bruce Arians said Rashard Mendenhall felt "looseness" in his right knee Saturday night.

Mendenhall was forced out of the game and is awaiting the results of an MRI. Note that the right knee is the same one that he blew out while playing for the Steelers in January of 2012. Mendy has also missed practice time this month due to tendinitis in that joint. Ryan Williams, Stepfan Taylor, Andre Ellington and Alfonso Smith are all competing to be the Cardinals' No. 2 back.

Ryan Williams on the trade block, so yes Stephan Taylor.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6480/ryan-williams

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Cardinals have placed Ryan Williams on the trade block.

It's an indication Williams is not in the Cards' 2013 plans, and will be waived at final cuts if no taker is found. Williams is likely available for a seventh-round pick. Still only 23 years old, Williams has been beset by various injuries going back to his redshirt freshman year at Virginia Tech. He was a big-time talent before the array of ailments, and was drafted 38th overall in 2011. Williams made his 2013 preseason debut on Saturday night, rushing twice for ten yards. We wouldn't be surprised if someone bites. Aug 25 - 8:09 PM

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Rashard Mendenhall's right knee injury is a "minor sprain," and he is expected back for Week 1.

It's good news, but the fact Mendenhall admitted to feeling "looseness" in the joint following Saturday night's injury is a reminder that his knee may lack long-term stability. The Cardinals' placement of Ryan Williams on the trade block does indicate they have faith in Mendenhall's health. In a pass-first offense behind one of the league's poorest lines -- and one that just lost LG Jonathan Cooper likely for the season -- we couldn't recommend against drafting Mendenhall more strongly. He's not going to help your fantasy team.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the update Damage!!

Thank you too Damage. I had him as an RB3, but just dropped him down several places in my rankings to 4 and 5 territory for next weekend's drafts.