Sign in to follow this  
Apollo Creed

< Biggest steal of this years draft? >

I like romo in 7th and Jared cook in 11th. Jared cook will be top 3 TE.

I think you are right on both counts here.

I was sorely disappointed when the dude right in front of me took Bernard which left me Miller. I'd rather have Bernard.

I like romo in 7th and Jared cook in 11th. Jared cook will be top 3 TE.

I don't get the love for Cooke. Never have. Every year he is a sleeper TE. How long has been in the league?

I don't get the love for Cooke. Never have. Every year he is a sleeper TE. How long has been in the league?

I agree w this. He might be good but there is very little reason, other then coach speak, that he is going to vault into a top 3 TE.

Five years, but there are obviously some major differences this season, and none of them are that he's no longer 6'5", 250 lbs, 4.5 40, 40 inch vert. The reasons for optimism have been hashed and rehashed so I'll leave them be. If he was still in Tenn and it was the same old sleeper talk, I'd agree. It's a whole different ball game this year, though.

Two last round flyers I like:

Brice Butler, OAK: 6'3", 215, 40 in the 4.3's They raved about him from the start, he moved quickly up the depth chart, highlight reel catch after catch, then nothing. No news. He's got a hamstring injury but says he could play. Rumors start about the Raiders trying to shop Moore around...

Tyler Eifert, CIN Everyone knows him obviously, but same M.O. with preseason - initial raves and press onslaught, team-wide praise, glowing reports, then nothing. He's got a wrist injury but says he could play. Bengals are going to use a lot of two TE sets this year...

The first year I noticed this pattern was with Boldin (Cards) in 2003. The latest example is Morris from last year. Hyped as hell during initial practices and the start of preseason, and then the team shut up about him and he didn't play Week 4. Needless to say, he was on my team.

Could be nothing, of course. To paraphrase a line from a favorite movie, "I'm as full of sh*t as anyone else", but paying attention to this pattern has served me well at times over the years with flyers.

Giovani Bernard, quicker faster and able to run it in at the goal line. Will overtake the law firm as the primary back by week 4 and won't look back. Will finish top 10

Bold prediction for the year

That is bold. I like Giovani just don't like that schedule. I could see him going down this year.

Michael Vick. He is going as the last QB taken in most drafts. Chip Kelly's offense should allow him to run more and throw more. He'll have scoring opportunities out the ying yang. He could end up #1 overall. I think he'll end up in the top five at very least. Hopefully he don't take the big hits and stays healthy.

Michael Vick. He is going as the last QB taken in most drafts. Chip Kelly's offense should allow him to run more and throw more. He'll have scoring opportunities out the ying yang. He could end up #1 overall. I think he'll end up in the top five at very least. Hopefully he don't take the big hits and stays healthy.

I hope so. I don't know about #1 overall but he will be a top 10 QB if he stays healthy and has a good year. Good call

I'm pretty excited about getting Hakeem Nicks in the 10th. I know, I know he's an injury just waiting to happen. But this is a contract year so I think he is gonna man up and play. And when he plays he is a fantasy machine.