Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Zach Sudfeld

Do you see Sudfeld as a viable starting fantasy TE when Gronk does come back? Where do you rank him without Gronk?

Without Gronk, absolutely. With Gronk I'm not so sure. If he produces good numbers when Gronk is out then I feel more comfortable he can produce when Gronk is back. Here's to hoping so!

Without Gronk, absolutely. With Gronk I'm not so sure. If he produces good numbers when Gronk is out then I feel more comfortable he can produce when Gronk is back. Here's to hoping so!

I agree. NE uses 2 TEs quite often. Sudfield is not Arron Hernandez talented, but he will get a good share of looks even with Gronk in the lineup... hopefully. Personally, I took Sudfield and Cameron because I think one will pan out and I did not want to pay a tax on any TE that is not Graham or Gronk.

Do you see Sudfeld as a viable starting fantasy TE when Gronk does come back? Where do you rank him without Gronk?

i dont

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9012/zach-sudfeld

ESPN Boston calls Zach Sudfeld the Patriots' new "move option, replacing Aaron Hernandez."

The Patriots are carrying just three tight ends: Sudfeld, Rob Gronkowski and Michael Hoomanawanui. We know Sudfeld is going to play a major role while Gronk (back) is sidelined, but an ability to play the "move" spot suggests he could sustain value even when Gronk returns. Hernandez averaged 8.1 targets per game over the last two seasons. Sep 2 - 8:42 AM

Source: ESPN Boston

• Like 1

ESPN Boston calls Zach Sudfeld the Patriots' new "move option, replacing Aaron Hernandez."

The Patriots are carrying just three tight ends: Sudfeld, Rob Gronkowski and Michael Hoomanawanui. We know Sudfeld is going to play a major role while Gronk (back) is sidelined, but an ability to play the "move" spot suggests he could sustain value even when Gronk returns. Hernandez averaged 8.1 targets per game over the last two seasons. Sep 2 - 8:42 AM

This looks eerily familiar to what I was trying to say:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=421700&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Just don't expect Hernandez type numbers. Hernandez was much more talented, so he was able to do more wth his 8 targets and Sudfield will be able to. Sudfield has height and physical ability, but mot top 5 TE talent. I am still rolling with him and Cameron, but I am expecting top 10 TE for the first half of the year. He'll slip later, but that is why I paired him with another flyer.

↑ I took the same 2 (Suds & Cameron).

Both have good upside & can be had late while I add depth at RB/WR.

↑ I took the same 2 (Suds & Cameron).

Both have good upside & can be had late while I add depth at RB/WR.

Did the same thing. Figured one of them has to work out.

I think Gronk comes back this season and promptly suffers a re-injury. Back injuries are rough. If he even tweaks his back a little it's brutal to attempt to play a game. I think the Gronk expectations this year are wildly overblown when he steps foot back on the field.

kinda think vereen gets most of the targets the 2nd te would usually get.

Only in obvious passing situations and not at goalline where he wont be in game (vareen)

Regardless of the situation of Gronk, Sudfeld is still a rookie. I would limit my expectations as I normally would with a 1st year receiver.