Sign in to follow this  
handbanana

Dobson, Thompkins or Edelman?

Seems like Dobson is starting to come on and gain Brady's confidence. He was a high draft pick so he must be the most gifted athletically out of the three choices. I know that Edelman is steadier, but does Dobson have more upside? Thompkins? None bc it is WRBC and you never know who is gonna get the rock week to week?

For this week it depends, at least in part, on the DB's. Edelman draws McClain in the slot which is a great matchup for him. Thompkins usually lines up left so should draw Trufant which is also good. Dobson will get stuck with Samuel - see Wallace last week. This is the way it looks like it should play out, but I'm going to take a look to see if I can find definitive info on who's covering who on Sunday morning.

Depends also on how healthy Gronk is. If he's healthy enough to catch 20 balls, my guess is they give him 20 targets but I don't think he is. Boston Herald doesn't think so either but who knows. I'm going to monitor that also obviously.

Long term, just watching the games, I like Dobson. I just think he fits more into what they need - a vertical threat - rather than what Thompkins brings to the table - a potentially solid possession guy.

Edelman got dropped in my non-PPR.

Dobson has been getting a lot of targets but isn't he currently in Amendola's spot? Doesn't that mean he'll lose reps when Amendola comes back?

KT beat out Dobson for the WR2 spot in camp KT has plenty of talent - just didn't get drafted b/c of his story (see Miami gang life, etc.) - and KT has the WR2 spot that he'll keep even when Amendola comes back.

I'd roster Dobson too b/c while Amendola is out (which is often), he gets a lot of targets and is startable, but I think KT is the first guy I'd want to have.

Who knows.

Kenbrell had the clear upper hand coming out of camp but Dobson has been worked in more and more and may have overtaken Kenbrell.

The one thing about Thompkins is that his catch rate is abysmal (something like 35%). Now is that just because he and Brady need to get on the same page more? Who knows, but regardless I don't see Kenbrell getting lots of targets down the road if his catch rate doesn't improve dramatically.

Dobson's catch rate is pretty good for a rookie getting thrown into the fire. He looked totally lost out there in the Jets game but it was his first ever NFL game and he did look much better against the Bucs.

Edelman has been a PPR star and still holds value in that format. However he is not a very dynamic receiver at all so I think he's a stopgap that hopefully gets phased out as the season progresses.

I guess I'm saying Dobson, but tentatively.

Seems like Dobson is starting to come on and gain Brady's confidence. He was a high draft pick so he must be the most gifted athletically out of the three choices. I know that Edelman is steadier, but does Dobson have more upside? Thompkins? None bc it is WRBC and you never know who is gonna get the rock week to week?

just like you said . on this team its really hard to tell week to week