Sign in to follow this  
highsider5

bye week strategery... the 2 day kicker

here is my eeeeeevil plan.... I have a kicker and safety on bye week...

I want to drop said Safety just before TNF kickoff and pickup a kicker for the night, likely Gould CHI... that will scrounge me a few points, and open up a spot to stash my starting K... then Sunday, whilst the league is locked up playing, I can easily add/drop Gould just in time to reclaim my Safety who I think will still be there since safeties are pretty deep in FA and who is gonna drop for an S on bye, on a Sunday... Whatta ya think???

I know it's only FF and only one game, but I'd like to win week 6 since I'm playing the undefeated #1 seed so I'm pulling out the stops and happen to like my idea... nobody I know has ever tried this level of shenanigans

what I'm trying to do is make this swap for week 7, not affecting the week were playing...

I know you can't change a guy whose played that week, I don't want that.. what I'm shooting for is fixing things for the week after, maybe I'm not explaining this well...

You can't play Gould on Thursday and then drop Gould on Saturday. You would be able to drop your other kicker on Saturday though. Unless your league add/drop set up is not typical like the leagues myself and these other guys that posted in this thread are in.

well, I have dropped guys on Monday, when they played on Sunday, with the effective date for the change occurring the next week.

would this not apply to a Thursday player? i.e. can be dropped the day after? it's just a yahoo league, don't think it's setup differently in trades or drops other than the waiver wait period which is two days.

Yahoo is strange like this...for some reason bye week players occasionally are not included in the FAAB waivers like most are throughout Sunday. However... Doing it on Monday might not allow you to.

well someone dropped a Tampa guy, and he is in a waiver wait so it looks like there isn't a weird bye week thing...

still, seems like any Thursday moves would clear waiver by Sunday, letting you alter the week 7 lineup while still in six...guess there's only one way to find out :D

I'm in the middle of an overnight shift so my sleep deprivation may be clouding my understanding but I still don't follow the OP's premise here.

Are you suggesting that if you pick up & start Gould on Thursday night that you'll be able to pick up a bye week safety during week 6 for week 7 & still get Gould's points from Thursday?

Do free agents not lock at noon on Sunday's? I play in one league with this bush league setting but in my case the player being dropped has to be on bye or not have played their game to be able to pull it off.

Seems like a lot of trouble to "stash" a starting kicker. I don't care who the kicker is, I see no reason to ever want two of them. Drop your kicker. Bye weeks are tough enough without having a kicker or defense you are married to.

wasn't trying to make it complicated but it doesn't make sense without a mountain of detail I guess...

I have five guys on bye, not two... this is about the last two, I have other balls to juggle for them, this was just about the last pair and the stash is to save one and it wound up being a CHI kicker as a good fit for this idea... I know, it's only a kicker, but anyways...

I don't think it's a bush league setting, but I am not in your leagues so that's why I posted the question... seems typical to have a guy play, then be able to drop him a day later so that's the idea behind this.. I have an extra safety to fund things as I laid out, but both are deep enough in FA that I could find a replacement if this didn't work...

BTW 11 kickers outscored tom Brady last week, all in double digits so it's only a kicker sure, but I'm looking to gain about 15 pts and a K and S should get me there, no matter how this scheme plays out.

If your league allows you to have a guy play on Thursday and you can drop him on Sunday, then that is dumb. You should have the guy until he can go through waivers. If he plays, then he can't go through waivers until the following week.

I've never even tried, that's why I'm asking, maybe I can't drop him Friday I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be prohibited per se.

don't your leagues have guys playing on Sunday, to get dropped Monday?? this seemed to be a common facet of FF, Monday morning is always interesting to see who got dumped because their owner snapped...

anyways I'm just looking to do the same thing, only over a thur/fri, maybe that's a simple question I could have made the OP instead so sorry for all the reading, I type fast ;)

on waivers, the drop gets two days on WW regardless of when he is dropped, so the math works out if you can drop someone on a thurs, and nab him 3 days later as an FA on Sunday. he isn't playing, he is on bye so he should be free and clear.

I've never even tried, that's why I'm asking, maybe I can't drop him Friday I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be prohibited per se.

don't your leagues have guys playing on Sunday, to get dropped Monday?? this seemed to be a common facet of FF, Monday morning is always interesting to see who got dumped because their owner snapped...

anyways I'm just looking to do the same thing, only over a thur/fri, maybe that's a simple question I could have made the OP instead so sorry for all the reading, I type fast ;)

The answer is "no", players who played on Sunday are not dropped on Monday. Rostered status get get locked for a player once his team starts their game and it does not change until waivers run on Wednesday morning. If a player plays on Thursday, he is not available to be dropped or picked up until Wednesday morning. Same thing for Sunday games and Monday night games.

Even if your league allows the "drop" there is no way it would allow you replace that spot on the roster until next week when waivers open up (typically Wednesday morning).

BTW, we've already spend far more electrons on this topic than it is worth. Never stash a kicker.

I've dropped guys on a Monday, that wasn't the target here though... maybe its a yahoo thing, but you can work your lineup a day after they play... the day of, no, the guy is locked... but if you pick the next week on the page, you can edit the next week

maybe it should be noted I'm not trying to effect the current week, this legwork is to try and get starters in for the bye, then back out for the next week

Even if your league allows the "drop" there is no way it would allow you replace that spot on the roster until next week.

BTW, we've already spend far more electrons on this topic than it is worth. Never stash a kicker.

finally :overhead:

fine, I'll stash the safety... that help waste any more electrons? I mean it's only the web, were here because we have nothing better to and for sure this thread is a goldmine in that respect... FF is all about overthinking and overdiscussing anyways so, this isn't really that outrageous is it?

it's at least as interesting as the weekly bump to the 'if you drafted Jimmy Graham...' thread :)

Bad plan. Gould will be locked since he played for you

yep. most if not all online systems will lock the player if you start him.

this way you cannot pick up a player to start Thursday night and then drop him friday to pickup someone else to play on Sunday.

it is a good rule. If I were you I would find some other way to cover your bye week.

How about we just have you try this out this week? If it works, please report back here with the provider you use so that we know not to use them going forward. TIA.

pretty sure I'm not being clear enough, it's ok ..I thought the concept would be a stretch, especially trying to explain it online

I'm not trying to start the same position twice, if you want to discuss this, we need to move past that, no leagues work like this.