Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

Simpson or Jennings---Which one is a better option at this point?

I'm thinking about signing one of these players. I'm not really sure which one is the better of the two. I need another receiver for this week. My other option's are either Santana Moss or Woods from Buffalo. Moss didn't catch a pass against the Raiders last game and the Bills are starting some unknown QB this week.

With Cassel in there and Freeman not far behind, which one of these Vikings receivers do you think is the better play going forward? Are does anyone think Moss or Woods would be the better play? I personally don't think so but I figured I would ask. Thanks in advance.

i like simpson this week AND in the future... although it will be hard to tell who freeman prefers if and when he takes over...

for the time being it would appear that simpson is the guy... he was targeted 11 times last week by cassell... more than double any other MIN player

I'm hanging in there with Jennings. More polished player, track record of success, nose for the endzone.

Simpson has never established any consistency in his career. We've seen big games from him before, followed by stretches of lousy play. I need to see more from Simpson than just a couple of games. He's been too much of a tease in the past.

I'm hanging in there with Jennings. More polished player, track record of success, nose for the endzone.

Simpson has never established any consistency in his career. We've seen big games from him before, followed by stretches of lousy play. I need to see more from Simpson than just a couple of games. He's been too much of a tease in the past.

+1

I actually like both going forwards. I own and drafted Jennings.

That being said I think Jennings is the more solid, consistent WR. Over the season he should put up more points than Simpson, especially in PPR, but if you want to make a boom/bust play ... Simpson is your guy.

Jennings with Cassel; Simpson with Freeman. However, by the time Freeman starts, Patterson could be digging deep into Simpson's snaps.

You think Freeman will see Simpson as V-Jax light? That makes Jennings a better version of Mike Williams.

so thank you for all the advice and good input guys but I have one last question? Would you go with Santana Moss or Greg Jennings? Who is the better play here? Thanks in advance.

At this point in Moss's career I see him as bye-week filler. Still capable in the right matchup, but not a very fantasy-relevant player anymore except in deep leagues.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone has actually watched this team.

Simpson, hands down. He's targeted more, gets more yards, he just hasn't gotten the TDs.

If it weren't for that 80 yard TD that Jennings had, the stats are really in Simpson's favor.

Think Freeman will like Simpson too, should be interesting.

I had Jennings, had to drop him, he blew up and got picked up.

Was happy when I compared the 2 and got Simpson instead.

I have Simpson and just put in a trade offer for Jennings (for Greg Olsen). I believe that Freeman will secure the job and be the guy from here on out. So I'm hedging my bets on who his go-to guy will be by having both of them.

I just lost Don Julio so I'm looking to replace a starting WR slot.

would you pickup Jerome Simpson over Kris Durham? Currently I have Desean Jackson, Jarrett Boykin, and Percy Harvin as I lost Cobb to injury.