Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Are all these new "safety" rules causing more injury?

I think it is all the limitations on practicing contained in the new CBA.

Practice soft, play soft.

I think it is all the limitations on practicing contained in the new CBA.

Practice soft, play soft.

Agreed! That is an interesting angle as well... but I wonder if they try to take the focus of head injuries and make other injuries worse and more often?

Completely agree about the lack of hitting. You can be in otherworldly shape, but that has little to do with getting smacked 30x on a Sunday.

But I wonder if the number of injuries has truly gone up, or are there just more reported? And with the mandated concussion tests/guidelines, how many games lost to injury wouldn't have shown up on the stats even a couple years ago?

What do you all think? :argue:

Are all these stupid new rules added for "players safety" actually causing more injury?

What the new rules are doing is making guys sit out because of concussions. The same kinds of concussions happened even 10 years ago, but back then, you just brushed it off because (1) the coach would think less of you if you asked to come out, and (2) you were worried about losing your job.

What the new rules are doing is making guys sit out because of concussions. The same kinds of concussions happened even 10 years ago, but back then, you just brushed it off because (1) the coach would think less of you if you asked to come out, and (2) you were worried about losing your job.

its not just the sitting out for concussions...which is not a bad thing...but. I think there are more injuries in general since the focus off of head contact causes more injury in other areas... some of the calls for head contact are just getting ridiculous.

The ones that concern me are these non-contact injuries. What happened to Reggie Wayne shouldn't happen at all. No one touched him. Someone should study this more in depth. Shoes? Surface? Muscle mass? It's like athletes are strengthening everything, but their joints.

The ones that concern me are these non-contact injuries. What happened to Reggie Wayne shouldn't happen at all. No one touched him. Someone should study this more in depth. Shoes? Surface? Muscle mass? It's like athletes are strengthening everything, but their joints.

The knee was never intended to be used the way that relatively active people use it, let alone pro athletes who continue to test the limits of bigger, stronger, faster.

The knee was never intended to be used the way that relatively active people use it, let alone pro athletes who continue to test the limits of bigger, stronger, faster.

Agreed - Its almost like as soon as a player is drafted they should automatically have surgery on both knees where everything is replaced with Robotic-like structures that are unbreakable and 100% flexible. Im not kidding either.

As for injuries in general, Im convinced there are more of them. I get that 30 years ago not everything was reported and perhaps the NFL is at fault for not looking into this concussion thing better but something aint right. Ive said this before but will repeat: The fact that fantasy football scoring systems have become statisticians whack-off material is proof that its worse than ever before. We have to award points for showing up now because our rosthers are so thin and players are so fragile that by midway through the season, your starting lineup is filled with backups and "sleepers". The scoring systems evolution proves that something aint right.

Just aint right.

Agreed - Its almost like as soon as a player is drafted they should automatically have surgery on both knees where everything is replaced with Robotic-like structures that are unbreakable and 100% flexible. Im not kidding either.

As for injuries in general, Im convinced there are more of them. I get that 30 years ago not everything was reported and perhaps the NFL is at fault for not looking into this concussion thing better but something aint right. Ive said this before but will repeat: The fact that fantasy football scoring systems have become statisticians whack-off material is proof that its worse than ever before. We have to award points for showing up now because our rosthers are so thin and players are so fragile that by midway through the season, your starting lineup is filled with backups and "sleepers". The scoring systems evolution proves that something aint right.

Just aint right.

yes

:banana:

So will that lead to more head on collisions?  

21 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

:banana:

Reminds me of Cartman when he tried to join the Special Olympics 😂