Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Bengals @ Dolphins TNF Thread

Kinda like me hating on Brandon Jacobs for putting up 50 yards on 20 carries. He's an old man, and I love that he can contribute to my team. Having both Miller and Thomas makes that team better. It makes defenses have to be prepared for both, healthy backs, for one thing. Is Miller better? No question. Does Thomas have value? Again, I think he clearly does.

So ... I'm not sure why a Miami fan would be so anti-Thomas. Still. Unless it's purely a FF thing.

Thomas might have some "value" as a pass-catcher, but not as a runner. His 3.6 YPC over his 2.5 years in the league is proof of that.

Nice win. No mistakes made by Daniel Thomas ... not sure I understand the hate.

Here is where the hate comes from. Mia moving the ball in OT and basically need one more first down to get in fg range and win the game. Wallace interference gets them 38. Miller nice 9 yd catch. Now just need ONE more yard......Thomas STUFFED. Then AGAIN Thomas STUFFED. Gee, lets not give it to the guy avg like 10 ypc in the crucial situation. Lets give it to the guy who already killed a drive or 2 tonight! Don't give me that fumble cr@p, it was his first all year and had nothing to do with the carries split. Miller gave me a good night anyway and it's prob the last time I'll ever need to start him, but if I were a MIA fan I'd really be upset with the play calling.

1-10-MIA14 (9:05) R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep right to M.Wallace. PENALTY on CIN-T.Newman, Defensive Pass Interference, 38 yards, enforced at MIA 14 - No Play.

1-10-CIN48 (8:58) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass short middle to L.Miller to CIN 39 for 9 yards (G.Iloka).

2-1-CIN39 (8:24) (Shotgun) D.Thomas up the middle to CIN 39 for no gain (G.Iloka).

3-1-CIN39 (7:44) D.Thomas left guard to CIN 40 for -1 yards (J.Harrison).

4-2-CIN40 (7:01) (Punt formation) B.Fields punts 32 yards to CIN 8, Center-J.Denney, downed

Here is where the hate comes from. Mia moving the ball in OT and basically need one more first down to get in fg range and win the game. Wallace interference gets them 38. Miller nice 9 yd catch. Now just need ONE more yard......Thomas STUFFED. Then AGAIN Thomas STUFFED. Gee, lets not give it to the guy avg like 10 ypc in the crucial situation. Lets give it to the guy who already killed a drive or 2 tonight! Don't give me that fumble cr@p, it was his first all year and had nothing to do with the carries split. Miller gave me a good night anyway and it's prob the last time I'll ever need to start him, but if I were a MIA fan I'd really be upset with the play calling.

1-10-MIA14 (9:05) R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep right to M.Wallace. PENALTY on CIN-T.Newman, Defensive Pass Interference, 38 yards, enforced at MIA 14 - No Play.

1-10-CIN48 (8:58) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass short middle to L.Miller to CIN 39 for 9 yards (G.Iloka).

2-1-CIN39 (8:24) (Shotgun) D.Thomas up the middle to CIN 39 for no gain (G.Iloka).

4-2-CIN40 (7:01) (Punt formation) B.Fields punts 32 yards to CIN 8, Center-J.Denney, downed

They don't have a back that can get the tough yards... Thomas was billed as that guy, yet he has shown on numerous occasions that he isn't up to the task.. I'm not so sure that Miller is the guy either. At some point, if Miami is going to evolve into a good team, they need to find that guy. Either through the draft or FA.

Miami needs a Mike Tolbert type that will move the pile for an easy two yards without any effort. But I do agree the play calling at the end made no sense as it seemed they were playing "not to lose".

I didn't draft any dolphin offense, and avoided my own team other than a pickup of mike Wallace early this year, I only did so because I felt he was a pair of dice worth the toss and he didn't work out at all, he posted a 2 and I dumped him the next day... I tried.

I feel for miller owners, the fish coaching is a mystery in many ways, the most prolific of which is this fascination with Thomas sharing the rock... miller put up a 100 finally last night and Thomas was Thomas.. I haven't checked, but I would put a buck on the fact the stats align with my memory, which show yet another pedestrian showing with a yet another sub 3 ypc night.

I'm all for this guy breaking out or blowing up, but I don't see it at all, they should let Clay have his spot and turn him into a Marcus Allen type nabbing -4 yd passes and yacking 20+ chunks.

there we go, says it all... great post, thx for putting this up, it's exactly what I'm saying... type 33 kryptonite FTL