Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Ok is this shady to do with waivers?

The original poster made no mention of a trade back. I see no reason why someone can't trade their #1 trade priority. Owners in my league hardly make any claims because they cover it so much.

To go back to your Rodgers example, the #1 waiver priority offered to pick up Foles and trade him and Brady to me since I lost Rodgers. Is that shady? Waiver position is an asset, not a right. People attain a higher position by properly managing their team, not by telling other owners they can!t pick up and trade players.

What if this was earlier in the season and the #1 waiver owner picked up the flavor of the week with the express intention of trading him. Is that circumventing the waiver wire or just bring a smart owner?

If you have a worse WW priority than others, try managing your team better or utilizing your claims better.

Whatever you guys think, making a deal that may screw someone out of someone off the Waiver Wire is Collusion. If you're doing/done it before of course you're okay with it.

It's not a lie if you believe it.

Sincerely,

George Constanza

The strategy of going public in this one particular and somewhat unusual instance in no way suggests that all trade talks must be conducted this way. The OP asked if what he was contemplating was "sneaky." Seems kinda obvious (but apparently not) that if you eliminate the "sneak" part, the rest of the discussion becomes pretty much moot. And in this particular and somewhat unusual instance the OP can likely accomplish his objective and quiet the "collusion" posse by doing the deal in plain sight. Same result, different approach.

Secretly enticing or enlisting another owner to act as your agent might not pass everyone's sniff test. And, technically, you could say that's sort of where the OP was straying. Remove this hurdle, don't needlessly feed the "collusion" freaks, and the crybabies are free to focus on the merits of the actual trade rather than the method of the deal. But nothing in this fix comes anywhere close to hinting that all trades must work this way. All "collusion" must, by definition, contain secrecy. But not all secrecy contains collusion.

Whatever you guys think, making a deal that may screw someone out of someone off the Waiver Wire is Collusion.

Feel free to enter this one into the record as "Exhibit A."

• Like 1

FIlthy is the only one fighting for this to be collusion, so maybe his opinion is isolated?

Trade or no trade, anyone can block teams from getting a QB or TE or whatever via the waivers process. That part is not illegal.

Trade backs are generally illegal because you're either damaging your own team's weekly performance for a time or at best, being apathetic to your team's scoring while purposely trying to help another league member's scoring (to beat someone else). And most importantly: purposely trying to harm that 3rd team's chances (standings) without necessarily helping your own scoring.

Agreeing to trade one player for another player (picked up off waivers) may block a team (not illegal) but if both parties agree on the trade, and the assumption is they are each trying to procure an asset that helps their own team, then no problem. It's then just like any other trade. If I trade Player X to team B for Player Y, then naturally I am blocking team C from acquiring Player Y.

Again... almost every NBA draft day trade is "take player X for us and then we'll consummate the deal."

It's blocking the teams behind from taking that player.

Are those trades all collusion?

Well this was anticlimactic.......guy who I was working with tried to drop Roy helu and acquire wright.

Well dumbarse.....you can't drop a guy that's in or has played a game that week in our league.......so it got blocked, someone else got him.

Oh well....grabbed petty grew and eifert (who might not be a bad play with Gresham likely out)

Hah..but thanks fellas...good conversation and opinions

Well this was anticlimactic.......guy who I was working with tried to drop Roy helu and acquire wright.

Well dumbarse.....you can't drop a guy that's in or has played a game that week in our league.......so it got blocked, someone else got him.

Oh well....grabbed petty grew and eifert (who might not be a bad play with Gresham likely out)

So did you attempt to trade Mathews or Brown to the Wright owner or was he in need of a TE?

Motherfocker. I've held on to Eifert all year thinking he could become a nice player in PPR. Then I finally tire of him and drop him for Charles Clay because Cameron is on BYE. Now Gresham is hurt? :mad:

So I'm a TE away from making a nice run.....but on waiver the best available I think is Jared Cook....sick.

The Vernon Davis owner had picked up Timothy Wright last week, and now dropped him bc he doesn't need him.

I need him but I'm 8th on waivers when Wright comes available Friday morning.

Ok...here's the shady part...is it shady to contact the #1 team on waivers , tell them to pick up wright, and then work a trade, a fair trade,for Wright?

good move

Bummer. Cutting his kicker might have been the play.

you would not be screwing the people ahead of you in the waiver order if you trade a worthwhile player in the deal.

Looks like you got saved from yourself. Running back depth is crucial. Trading a starting RB for a waiver wire TE is not a smooth move.

In light of Tim Wright's dazzling 3.4 pts over the past two weeks.....I'm going to dredge up this post to make the point again.

Starting RBs are worth a heck of a lot..... and you should not trade them for marginal players at other positions. There are plenty of marginal players already on the waiver wire that you could pick up.

It doesn't matter that you are not starting Andre Brown or Ryan Mathews. They are still starting RBs and you may use them down the line. Hold them.

In light of Tim Wright's dazzling 3.4 pts over the past two weeks.....I'm going to dredge up this post to make the point again.

Starting RBs are worth a heck of a lot..... and you should not trade them for marginal players at other positions. There are plenty of marginal players already on the waiver wire that you could pick up.

It doesn't matter that you are not starting Andre Brown or Ryan Mathews. They are still starting RBs and you may use them down the line. Hold them.

Yes and no.

Wright has been bad lately, so to that you are right as Andre brown has been fairly good.

However....every week I'm benching 2 starting running backs, and pettigrew is getting me nothing. And nobody will trade with me....I post every week I'm looking for a TE, no takers.