Sign in to follow this  
markcc13

Delanie Walker

On Thursday Ryan Fitzpatrick was giving Delanie Walker tons of targets and looking his way often. What is everyone's thought on him the rest of the way? Will he be a solid TE option?

Ya I am surprised that not many people are talking about him... he looked big time the other night. Like top 5 big time on a weekly basis

I missed out on this dude. Kept eyeing him but all the "experts" said he was just a blocking TE. The lesson, as usual, is to not listen to the so-called experts. <_<

^ Yep. I bought into the whole 'Indy' defends TE thing, that's a load of crap-they ran the same crossing route the ENTIRE night.

Also I'm never itching to start someone borderline on Thurday.

If he was overlooked before, people will definitely be noticing him after his last game.

I watched him when he was on the Niners and always thought he had a lot of potential, the only problems were, he had a tendency to drop passes, and there was this other guy named Vernon Davis on the team. If recent play is any indication, he has corrected that.

I was also surprised to find out he's only 6ft tall. IMO whenever I watched him play, he has always looked and played bigger than that.

Maybe It's the desperation and wishful thinking in me (lost Finley early in the season, now playing Clay/Wright), but overall I really like what I'm seeing and hearing about Delanie.

According to this article,

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131018/SPORTS01/310180105/

Fitzpatrick really likes him and looks for him a lot, and his coaches only have high praise. Even though he has started off slow, Delanie states his goal for the season is still to get 70 receptions. I think the article also mentions he is a converted wide receiver from his college days.

Hopefully he can keep it up.

I missed out on this dude. Kept eyeing him but all the "experts" said he was just a blocking TE. The lesson, as usual, is to not listen to the so-called experts. <_<

I don't claim to be an expert, but I picked him up last week and advised the only guy who asked me what to do to replace Witten to pick him up and plug him in against INDY. But even a blind squirrel can spot an acorn once in a whlie.

Maybe you should watch the games and trust your eyes more or maybe you are listening to the wrong 'experts.'. Or just check out his target progression since Fitzpatrick became the starter and you would have had all the information that you really needed to know.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I picked him up last week and advised the only guy who asked me what to do to replace Witten to pick him up and plug him in against INDY. Maybe you should watch the games and trust your eyes or maybe you are listening to the wrong 'experts.'. Or just check out his target progression since Fitzpatrick became the starter and you would have had all the information that you really needed to know.

Yes thanks for reiterating my point MFM--I should've done my own research. That's exactly what I was saying. It's an obvious lesson but one most of us have to relearn on occasion.

Yes thanks for reiterating my point MFM--I should've done my own research. That's exactly what I was saying. It's an obvious lesson but one most of us have to relearn on occasion.

No kidding. I've fallen into that trap on too many occasions. But it's not easy watching every skill position player in the NFL when you try to have a life too LOL.

Man just feel fortunate to have this guy on my team. Makes me feel so much better to have an upside guy in case something happens to Reed.

Walker is so good I wish I could play him every week since my league allows you to play 2 TEs. But with the guys I have ahead of him that would be difficult to do.

If he was overlooked before, people will definitely be noticing him after his last game.

I watched him when he was on the Niners and always thought he had a lot of potential, the only problems were, he had a tendency to drop passes, and there was this other guy named Vernon Davis on the team. If recent play is any indication, he has corrected that.

I was also surprised to find out he's only 6ft tall. IMO whenever I watched him play, he has always looked and played bigger than that.

Maybe It's the desperation and wishful thinking in me (lost Finley early in the season, now playing Clay/Wright), but overall I really like what I'm seeing and hearing about Delanie.

According to this article,

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131018/SPORTS01/310180105/

Fitzpatrick really likes him and looks for him a lot, and his coaches only have high praise. Even though he has started off slow, Delanie states his goal for the season is still to get 70 receptions. I think the article also mentions he is a converted wide receiver from his college days.

Hopefully he can keep it up.

Walker's played really well for the Titans this year. Locker was starting to use him as a security blanket, and it looks like Fitz will do the same thing (and probably even more so, since Fitz hardly ever pushes the ball down the field). Walker's YPC is probably pretty low right now, but that's mostly because the Titans' OC (Dowell Loggains) is incredibly unimaginative and mostly uses Walker on little dump-off routes and whatnot. Personally, I think Walker's capable of much more, if the Titans' play-callers would give him the chance. Plus, he's a good blocker; he's pretty much made our "blocking TE" (Craig Stevens) obsolete this season.

My only real complaint about Walker is that he's got this weird habit to sometimes bat balls up into the air rather than catch them. (This has almost led to an interception in a couple of games.) For the most part, he's got decent hands; but he seems to sometimes drop or bobble passes. Still...that might be something that will correct itself if Walker becomes a bigger part of the offense and gets more involved throughout the games.