Sign in to follow this  
Mile High Magic

Stat Correction Changes game outcome

There was a stat correction that came out today on ESPN. Changed the outcome of a playoff game to a tie in which the Higher seeded team was awarded the win instead of the original winner. Thoughts?

There was a stat correction that came out today on ESPN. Changed the outcome of a playoff game to a tie in which the Higher seeded team was awarded the win instead of the original winner. Thought

they got the stats right then . thats good

What is the problem? You've been playing on espn all year, under their rules that statw correctiions will be made and applied to games changing their outcome up until Sat. 5pm. And your playoff tie breaker is default also unless you had rules in place before in your league. So it sounds like everything is working as intended.

There was a stat correction that came out today on ESPN. Changed the outcome of a playoff game to a tie in which the Higher seeded team was awarded the win instead of the original winner. Thoughts?

I think you should use a bigger font...

There is no problem and no debate about the outcome. I was just wondering how many of you use the default? Why there are no other options on espn LM? Our league switched from cbs to espn because of the price but on cbs we used total yds from the starters as the tiebreaker.

Are you in my league? I was the higher seed that suddenly found himself ousted. Hard part is I'm not even sure which stat it was that changed it. Calvin Johnson was awarded 1 extra yard, but we don't use decimal scoring, and it wasn't enough to push him to the next point.

Are you in my league? I was the higher seed that suddenly found himself ousted. Hard part is I'm not even sure which stat it was that changed it. Calvin Johnson was awarded 1 extra yard, but we don't use decimal scoring, and it wasn't enough to push him to the next point.

ESPN has a page that shows all the stat corrections. Not sure if they're time stamped, but it looks like a lot o them were from snow games and PITT/MIA where the scoring was fubard all day... and the goofy play at the end caused some havoc.

ESPN has a page that shows all the stat corrections. Not sure if they're time stamped, but it looks like a lot o them were from snow games and PITT/MIA where the scoring was fubard all day... and the goofy play at the end caused some havoc.

I have to assume at this point that it was Calvin Johnson:

RB    Jamaal Charles     KC RB        -1
WR    Calvin Johnson     Det WR         3

The extra 3 yds pushed Calvin over the next mark, from 49 to 52 yds. 1 pt difference broke the tie. I lose. :doh:

I have to assume at this point that it was Calvin Johnson:

RB    Jamaal Charles     KC RB        -1
WR    Calvin Johnson     Det WR         3

The extra 3 yds pushed Calvin over the next mark, from 49 to 52 yds. 1 pt difference broke the tie. I lose. :doh:

Bummer.

That would make sense though... I have Stafford and Calvin and at some point my points scored on by week (Thank God for the bye week!) went from 69 to 71.

I'm guessing it's hard to accurately record yardage on every play when there's 12 inches of snow on the field.

My condolences for your loss...

Bummer.

That would make sense though... I have Stafford and Calvin and at some point my points scored on by week (Thank God for the bye week!) went from 69 to 71.

I'm guessing it's hard to accurately record yardage on every play when there's 12 inches of snow on the field.

My condolences for your loss...

Thanks. Partly my own fault. I picked up Pitta to try and fill the only hole on my team but didn't play him because I didn't trust him in his 1st game back, started Ladarius Green instead. 10 pts sitting on the bench. Really crappy part is that it was against a renowned FF columnist so it would have been sweet win. No money involved, thank goodness.

:cheers:

That's totally screwy that ESPN will change scoring for Week 14 after Week 15 has started. So what does that work? How does the team let back in set their lineups if some of their players already played?

Sounds like total FUBAR to me.