Sign in to follow this  
Dsausage

Roddy White will live in infamy for fantasy football season 2013

All I could think watching tonight is owners who started him today are praising him and forgiving all of his sins while all the owners who benched him are cursing the day they drafted/traded for him.

Skills are still there, but age is catching up. However, he is a DND unless he falls precipitously in the draft.....which is possible.

Well I held onto to him all season and will be playing him in my Week 17 Championship match next week.

WEEK 17 sucks azz. Too many unaccounted for variables. Or does it make it awesome?

I've only played in one league many years ago where we played a week 17 championship. Normally it sucks cause players get rested since byes & playoff berths are already set in stone. This year, many seeding & 1st round byes are up for grabs so many teams will have to play their starters the whole game.

The thing to watch out for this year is if you have players in later games in week 17 is if due to an earlier game deciding a playoff scenario, coaches may rest guys in later games. A contingency plan should be covered for those scenarios. But this can also bring into overthinking roster decisions. Case in point was the Philly/Chicago game this past Sunday night. People discussed sitting McCoy/Foles/DJAX or Cooper since Philly's week 17 matchup with the Cowboys was going to decide the NFC East division. But instead they could possibly change their seeding so Chip Kelly played all the starters until the game was out of hand in the 4th quarter.

Something to think about & it makes me glad I don't play in a week 17 championship setup.

WEEK 17 sucks azz. Too many unaccounted for variables. Or does it make it awesome?

Well ESPN has gone over to Two week ( Weeks 16 and 17) Championship Finals in their standard format, so it could be the start of a trend. Six of my eight leagues go to week 17 and only three have a One Week Final in week 17.

The idea I think is to make a Championship less of a one week crapshoot. Many people lost this week due to bad weeks from players like Megatron, AP, Brees, Forte, Marshall and Desean Jackson. There were also injuries to Vereen and Lacy plus some owners lucked out by Plug and Playing Andy Dalton. And from what I am seeing on the Internet, some championships changed hands on the late SF Pick Six and also the last play pick where Atlanta decided after putting the field goal unit on the field, not to kick and go for a Hail Mary.

The Week 17 Sit the Studs risk is less than it is made out to be ( Looks like its only KC this year) and smart people who know the schedule can prepare for this ahead of time. I did by picking up Foles as a back up several weeks ago for Peyton Manning when it appeared the Broncs may clinch early.

Its actually rather awesome this year with Week 17 because the injuries to Tony Romo, Lacy, Mathews, Vereen, Andre Brown, and Steve Smith plus the uncertainty as to whether the Lions will play a hurt Calvin in a meaningless last game, are going to cause some owners to scramble their line ups or hit the waiver wire.

Roddys body of work and performance is such that he should be forgiven for inconsistency due to injury

Roddys body of work and performance is such that he should be forgiven for inconsistency due to injury

He isn't getting any younger