Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Most Heartbreaking Loss Ever?!?!

This isn't my story, but it just happened to the old man lolz.

Up 94-86 with a minute left in the game. Opponent has San Fran's DST, enough said right?

Pick 6.

94-94.

Tie breaker would've gone to the old man. He's happy because Atlanta puts the kicker out there, BUT timeout. Hail Mary = interception.

Loses 94-96. Painful for him.

This isn't my story, but it just happened to the old man lolz.

Up 94-86 with a minute left in the game. Opponent has San Fran's DST, enough said right?

Pick 6.

94-94.

Tie breaker would've gone to the old man. He's happy because Atlanta puts the kicker out there, BUT timeout. Hail Mary = interception.

Loses 94-96. Painful for him.

I was wondering if the int cost anyone the game. No one from Atlanta even jumped for the ball, amazing.

I could go further which would make it more painful. My dad who finished 11-3 and did not make a dumb mistake all year made the biggest mistake this weekend.

He had Toddman over Jennings in his lineup. For some reason, he only checked guru the morning of the game and Toddman's was still high. The mistake also cost him his 3rd championship. We've all been ragging on him....rookie mistake.

Who doesn't triple check every player on your FF team the morning of the championship game? So we probably shouldn't feel sorry for him!

• Like 1

I was wondering if the int cost anyone the game. No one from Atlanta even jumped for the ball, amazing.

Yea WTF, they just stood and watched it get intercepted. It was weird.

In one of my leagues the championship match was at 54-48 The pick 6 made it 54-56 & the final interception made it a 54-58 finish.

The team who scored 54 points was the team I lost to in the semifinals due to Antonio Brown not getting credit for his punt return TD last week. The championship games total score was 112. I scored 120 this week. Not bitter at all.... Not. One. Bit. FOCK!!!!

I dont think your pops was as bad. Only because his hopes were not in the crapper then incredibly UP thinking he had won and then smashed not once but twice.

I dont think your pops was as bad. Only because his hopes were not in the crapper then incredibly UP thinking he had won and then smashed not once but twice.

Both of your guy's stories are pretty sick but I'm gonna defer to the OP's. If I was his father, I'd probably wanna quit FF all together.

I could go further which would make it more painful. My dad who finished 11-3 and did not make a dumb mistake all year made the biggest mistake this weekend.

He had Toddman over Jennings in his lineup. For some reason, he only checked guru the morning of the game and Toddman's was still high. The mistake also cost him his 3rd championship. We've all been ragging on him....rookie mistake.

Who doesn't triple check every player on your FF team the morning of the championship game? So we probably shouldn't feel sorry for him!

Case in point where fantasy football is ruined by hosting sites. Best team in the league sets his lineup by what the guru tells him.

I was down by .45 points going into Monday night, with Vernon Davis yet to play. Basically anything but a goose-egg nets me a championship. Feeling pretty good, right? WTF Vernon? 1 freaking catch for 5 yards was too much to ask? :wall:

I was down by .45 points going into Monday night, with Vernon Davis yet to play. Basically anything but a goose-egg nets me a championship. Feeling pretty good, right? WTF Vernon? 1 freaking catch for 5 yards was too much to ask? :wall:

Man that's bad.

Dude in my main league last night went in up 11 with Vernon Davis vs Niner D ... Ended up tied and he lost on bench points. :lol:

Case in point where fantasy football is ruined by hosting sites. Best team in the league sets his lineup by what the guru tells him.

Thing is, is that we've all done this for years, so we learned right away not to follow the guru. He was just being lazy. Toddman had a great match up. He didn't start who had the highest, but checked to make sure it didn't drop. "Because if it didn't drop, that means he's still getting the start."

Wrong. Lazy, rookie mistake.

Guy probably just lost years off his life. Last week he was tied and he had colston. Other dude had dez. The last 10 minutes the lead changed 6 times before colston scored his last TD and he got the win.

I think that this one tops them all - at least judging by the level of 'empathy pain' that I'm feeling after reading this.

• Like 1

I think that this one tops them all - at least judging by the level of 'empathy pain' that I'm feeling after reading this.

Agreed. I knew going in I needed a miracle from VD. But this, especially when remembering he dropped one that hit him right in the numbers.... :(

Anyone who lost on the Gore TD (which decided a million dollar pot last night) will be glad (read: pissed as hell) to hear that Kaepernick changed the play call from the sideline to a run because Gore asked for it. Worked for them, not so much for people facing Gore.