Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Friday night poker thread, on Saturday

For a tall gangly, nerdy, freckly white kid ... it surprised people.

Getting beat by nearly everyone wouldn't have surprised many people.

I edited my last post ...

i had a slow start, I was fast once I got going. Ran without blocks. Was the anchor man on my relay team ... kicked ass. Won City.

Doubtful...but you keep trying.

At least come up with a better time than that if you want to claim to be fast.

Jeesus H christ ... First you guys claimed it was record breaking, now it's "not that fast". That was my 100 time. It was not my best run.

Max I ever benched was 265 ... Next you guys will say, "That's not that strong."

Yeah, but you combine the 2 ... fast for my size, and KINDA strong ... I prolly coulda played HS football. But I didn't.

Jeesus H christ ... First you guys claimed it was record breaking, now it's "not that fast". That was my 100 time. It was not my best run.

Max I ever benched was 265 ... Next you guys will say, "That's not that strong."

Because I believe your original claim was much faster than 12 seconds.

12 seconds sucks ass.

I don't give a shiot what you claim to have benched.

you 2 are like 2 fishes fighting over a hook

Nah...just having a little drunk fun throwing him a bone so he doesn't have to rifle off 15 posts in a row by himself.

I don't claim shiat. it was in the Tucson HS Benchathon. It's in the mfing books. 265.

I was more of a reps, get tone kinda guy than a powerlifter. I was never trying to gain weight, like some guys, I just wanted to be fast and strong. I also studied various forms of martial arts and boxing. Mostly the idea was, I wanted to be able to defend myself in a physical altercation, without relying on my smarts, or a weapon.

Because I believe your original claim was much faster than 12 seconds.

12 seconds sucks ass.

I don't give a shiot what you claim to have benched.

Whatever, maybe I said 11.x meaning 11.99999. 12 seconds.

I used to have a whole bunch of ribbons. Never got one trophy though. Back then, you had to earn trophies.

One time, when I was in college, I was at a bar playing pool, and of course just like I can do chip tricks with poker chips, I know a few tricks with billiard balls, and sticks. So, my friend and I were playing these guys doubles, and I made an awesome shot. One of those, "7 in the corner, off the rail and it's gonna kiss the 5." and I started flipping the cue around a little, ya know like Tom Cruise in The Color of Money and the bouncer comes up to me and he wispers in my ear:

"Yer gonna have to cut it out with the ninja shiat, if you wanna stay."

Was pretty funny ... Ok, guess you had to be there.

Nah...just having a little drunk fun throwing him a bone so he doesn't have to rifle off 15 posts in a row by himself.

but here he goes anyway

look at me look at me! i can do this and i was this and that and i could do that.... :lol:

keep up the good work!

It was an attempt to bring the conversation back around to poker and competitve gambling ... but that last post threw me off, and now I can't focus. I'm on tilt.

You see the guy with the red hair and the red and black plaid shirt that get's pushed in the back by the tougher looking guys, early in? i think that's me.

But how do I repond? I turn and say, "Hey focker ... don't push me." and then a mosh pit breaks out, I was 15 years old and like WTF? Got good at that too, eventually.

How can you be good at that? Stage diving, for one, without getting hurt ... is an art.

GFIAFP would have been great at everything he didn't do, but sucks at everything he does do. Poetic.

Whatya mean? Of all this shiat, prolly the thing I am best at is poker.

Like that line in Rounders, "What choice?".

Things just turned out, the way they did. Maybe, the way they are meant to.

Part of my problem is that I look smart. So, people can tell I am smart, pretty fast, in real life. Smart people anyway.

That's not always good at a poker table. One thing, nobody I have ever played in RL has said I was a bad player. Good player, I have heard a lot ... mostly as people are folding.

I've been trying to play a GTO game, since before GTO poker was coined. Upside down drafting, I did it first. JibJab.com, stole my idea ... Dude, I should be, even more rich and famous than I already am.

You wanna beat me? Get it in bad and get lucky. Never fails. Still, I'm God-focking-zilla sometimes. I predicted the war in Iraq with this video:

Skills, son ... Skills.

That's why the fold surprises me so much. Thought I nailed the false tells. He musta known I was acting.

Pretty sad...cause you seem to suck at poker.

Like that line in Rounders, "What choice?".

Things just turned out, the way they did. Maybe, the way they are meant to.

so the thing you are best at is poker? really? :lol:

now I almost feel bad for you.. how much are you down lifetime? you can approximate. $ isn't everything in life but when you pride yourself on playing poker.... for money... its a pretty good barometer.

if you claim to be up, which i wouldnt believe, it can't be very much considering you still live at moms and havn't finished that POS car.

I always thought fumbling chips was supposed to be a strong tell.

I always thought fumbling chips was supposed to be a strong tell.

what hes saying is hes soooo good, no one would believe he fumbled chips as a real tell, they would know it was a fake one!

I sit there shuffling my chips and doing thumb tricks constantly. Just nerves, I guess, but I can also use it to my advantage sometimes, like when I am trying to throw a false tell. This guy knows I have played here for years. He may think I suck at playing cards ... but he knows I can shuffle chips.

This may surprise you guys, but at your standard low level poker game, people right away identify me as good. It's hard for me to hide that I am smart, so what I do is make it obvious. Sometimes I even dress up like a wigger ... so people will think I am the type to 3-bet light ... but I'm actually pretty tight. I use that table image to my advantage. Play with me long enough, you'll fold most of the time I bet, because you've figured out that I am not full of it, most of the time. And that's all I want, is a bunch of trained seals that will fold enough to my raises, that I will slowly gain chips. But you don't come into my card room and just push everybody around. It doesn't happen, because you would have to be a better poker player than me, on my home turf.

Some have tried. Many have failed.

I'm really feeling good about my cash game, lately. That's really the way to go if you want a steady income from poker. I mean, at a certain level, it's all about just avoiding mistakes. I still make mistakes, particularly in tournaments. Still, you pretty much hafta cooler me, the hand that knocked me out last night the guy flopped a set of ducks against my top pair on the flop with 89', then a 9 on the turn gave me 2 pair, he bet, I shoved he called ... and of course I didn't catch my 4 outer. And afterwards, I evaluated that hand, and I think it's just a cooler. Not much that could be done about it. But I am always looking at hands I lost, and trying to identify, and then eliminate mistakes I might have made in the hand. Heck, I'm even looking for that in hands I won (see above, guy folds his flush) but should have won more.

I'm not perfect and never will be, so I am always working on my game. Learning new things.

Lately I've been bluffing more. Call it advertising ... it's very hard these days to get people to call me when I have it. Therefore I need to widen my range and bluff more, and that's been working. Yesterday it did not, though, with one guy. He called when I was bluffing, and he folded when I had it.

1/3 game. Was even a crazy drunk at the table again, but I was card dead. Ended up about even. Lost $40 playing the tournament, got no points ... got nuthin. Got coolered.

It's pretty funny ... I've gone from not wanting to play cash, and only play tournaments, to playing a lot of cash and not wanting to play tournaments.

It's hard for me to hide that I am smart, so what I do is make it obvious.

yeah, we see it all the time :banana:

I sit there shuffling my chips and doing thumb tricks constantly. Just nerves, I guess, but I can also use it to my advantage sometimes, like when I am trying to throw a false tell. This guy knows I have played here for years. He may think I suck at playing cards ... but he knows I can shuffle chips.

This may surprise you guys, but at your standard low level poker game, people right away identify me as good. It's hard for me to hide that I am smart, so what I do is make it obvious. Sometimes I even dress up like a wigger ... so people will think I am the type to 3-bet light ... but I'm actually pretty tight. I use that table image to my advantage. Play with me long enough, you'll fold most of the time I bet, because you've figured out that I am not full of it, most of the time. And that's all I want, is a bunch of trained seals that will fold enough to my raises, that I will slowly gain chips. But you don't come into my card room and just push everybody around. It doesn't happen, because you would have to be a better poker player than me, on my home turf.

Some have tried. Many have failed.

Seems many have tried and done quite well against you.

Oh, and you hide that you are smart all the time.

Still waiting for you to show that you are.

See, you all think I am bad at poker. Nobody, who has ever played me in real life, would say that. Did I used to think I was a lot better than I was? Sure. But I was never claiming to be world class. I've improved a lot over the last 5 years, playing live regularly. Seen a lot of people, think they can come in and push everyone around, and I was that way at first.

I've had to punish people ... over time. I've got the right mind for it, and when fully focused, can be pretty deadly. Told a guy exactly what he had yesterday. Jewish guy that knows my Dad. I folded, after the flop with my weak ace that missed and he bet again. No reason for me to stay in the hand, but I folded. Another player did not. Turn, river, he keeps betting. Pretty standard play, with a hand like QQ. Raise preflop, bet the whole way unless an ace comes out. I figure he has QQ before the flop, for whatever reason ... I had a read.

Hand is over. Other guy folds to the river bet after missing his draw.

Me: You got queens?

Jew shows me his queens, then shows the table.

Me: Ya didn't hafta show everyone! I was pretty sure what you had, anyway. ;)

This was just yesterday. Knew exactly what the guy had, and called it. Pretty regular thing, these days, but that might seem really impressive to the casual player.

I made another $400 last night. It was all really pretty standard. One hand I remember, I made a good bluff. I had nothing, I had like King high on the turn, and I was sure he had like pocket tens, or something where he was pretty sure he had the best hand, but I could either hit ... or bluff. Flop came like 3, 9, 7 or some garbage, I checked and he c-bet and I float. Turn was another 3 and I check raised him. He bet like $15 on the turn and I raised it to $50, and I had him covered. "Really!?" he said, as he was thinking about it and eventually folded.

A different guy made a really good fold against me. I had A,4 off and the flop was like 2h, 4h, 7c and I forget the betting action but it was heads up going into the turn, the turn was the Ah giving me 2 pair. Bet, call. River was a black 4, giving me a full house. And the guy bet $35 and I fake tanked.

Guy: She hit me.

Me: pause .. What was that?

Guy: She hit me. The dealer.

Me: How much do you have behind?

Guy: About $80

Me: Pause. Ok, I raise. I'll put you all in. (As I slide $200 into the pot).

Guy: Maybe she hit you.

I sit there silent while the guy thinks.

Guy: You asked how much I had behind. Hmmm.

I start to throw off false tells. I intentionally swallow and then screw up shuffling my chips.

He eventually folds, and shows Jh Qh for the second nut flush. The guy next to him blurts out, "I woulda called that in a heartbeat!" and I showed my A4. And everyone went, oooohhhhh.

One guy, who I know, was getting rediculous lucky. He was in for $300, but there were a couple big stacks at the table when I got there, and he devistated both of them ... had like $1500 in front of him when I left. Seemed like every pocket pair he played he flopped a set.

Not a binding bet. You can't bet another player's chips. You can only bet your own.