ffexpert

Tough keeper choice- help me I'll help you

$200 budget and I can keep 2 of these guys:

Gio Bernard - $14

Rob Gronkowski - $17

Demaryius Thomas - $35

Lesean McCoy - $51

Thank you for your insight.

30% of your budget on your starting two RB's is right in line, and your keeping one of the best RB1-2 combos out there. Depending on when DT comes back up for auction, you may be able to still snag him.

I've never done an auction but they seem very intriguing and fun. Definitely not an expert as noted in the first sentence, but I'll throw my 2 cents in. I'm sure you know

gio is the given. For me I would be debating between Mccoy or Thomas. Compared to expert auction values but more importantly league history of your league, which one represents the better value. Both are at the top of their positions. If one has a clear edge in draft money value take that. If they're roughly equal (even if Mccoy's value is a little worse)...go with Mccoy...ie take the #1 rb. I personally feel Thomas has a little more potential for improvement from last years results. But neither has a low basement.... Barring injuries, both should be great whatever way you go.

FF Toolbox lists these auction values versus your keeper cost

McCoy $40 vs $51

Thomas $36 vs $35

Gio $30 vs $14

Gronk $22 vs $17

So from a pure value basis it's Gio for sure, Gronk, Thomas, McCoy. While McCoy is the top player it seems you would have the best chance to win him during open bidding without paying more or using one of your keeper choices on him.

FF Toolbox lists these auction values versus your keeper cost

McCoy $40 vs $51

Thomas $36 vs $35

Gio $30 vs $14

Gronk $22 vs $17

So from a pure value basis it's Gio for sure, Gronk, Thomas, McCoy. While McCoy is the top player it seems you would have the best chance to win him during open bidding without paying more or using one of your keeper choices on him.

Not sure where their numbers come from, but I've never seen McCoy go that cheap. $51 is probably the lowest I've seen, with $54 - $58 being average. Thomas is usually $40 - $41, Gronk $20 - $22. Gio is normally $28 - $30.