Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Songs that you thought were groundbreaking

Man ... too many vids were crashing my browser.

In response to Newbs ...

Yeah, I remember listening to Gary Newman ... He was very Euro and synth and all that. The album, is pretty bad, really.

But, I think maybe before that ... Peter Gabriel, right after he left Genesis, his first solo album, "Games Without Frontiers" was much better, much more complete and was better than what Numan was doing.

That's a great album. Lotta really good music on that album.

ETA trivia q and A: That song is often misquoted, "She's so popular." But it's "jeu sans frontiere" or "Games Without Frontiers" in French.

Biko, also on that album. Great song.

But, it was also kinda "new wave", and I liked it.

And, I think ... Worth mentioning in that sparkly, spandex, day-glo supernova that was "new wave" ...

Ya kinda at least gotta mention The Cars, right?

Most people would call this new wave, I think it is rock and roll ... and I put it in the top 3 rock and roll songs ever written.

Seriously. Ever. You got a Floyd song, a Beatles song or a maybe a Zeppelin song ... this has gotta be at least 3, in my book.

Absolutely impossible to play, for even some really talented musicians, like Devo. The progression with the drums and the bass ... the incremental increase in speed and to stay on beat and then switch it up on the drop of a hat? Very impressive. Not easy to do for even a talented drum player and bass player.

Right ... but that was a studio recording you say .... can they really play it live?

Consommé professionals. From the start.

Btw that would be a great name.... for my soup and grilled cheese stand. "Consumme Professionals"

Almost as good as. Giants Fan Ill Advised Food Project.

That was up there though ... in the focus groups, they thought that was funny.

I almost went with it.

Anyway, the grilled cheese should be the upsell. What you are selling is the soup, and that's where your profits are. If you want to have different kinds of bread for a grilled cheese ... Obviously a nice rye is gonna cost you more than wheat or white loaf. If you reduce it to wheat or white ... gonna cut your cost per grilled cheese.

All I know, is when I moved to New York City ... In the winter, finding a grilled cheese and tomato soup was a pain. I remember one day, a deli, I asked for that .... was like $2 for the soup and $4 for the sandwich. This was back in the 90's, I was stunned. Seemed like a good racket ... You draw them in, with soup that you can make in advance. You don't hafta make chicken noodle every day. You can have a tortilla instead of bread ... ya know ... but tomato and grilled cheese in the winter ... 35 cents of product, you sell it for $7.

That's better than crack.

Here's another thing ... let your soup purchasers taste some broth. Once they realize you are providing a healthy soup alternative, using locally locally raised vegetables ... all I gotta do is make sure some chive I grow is in there, but you get the idea.

Some good soup with grilled cheese available ... kinda like a cracker that you crumble into the soup, but better. Also known as a grilled cheese sandwich .... way better than anything you could get at mcDonalds ... why DailySoyp failed ... Good idea ... Lacking toasted bread and melted cheese.

Consomme Profesionals ....

In the end you are offering your customer a "high end" soup.

Dumbass ... No soup is worth more than like 2 bucks a bowl ... you make soup the night before at home, serve it up hot the next day ... With a grilled cheese on the side. I's an affordable lunch. 5 bucks for a pint, 2.50 a half pint ... $2.50 for a grilled cheese. That's a pretty good lunch for $5 to $8 in the winter.

Good, hot soup, grilled cheese sammitch ... I would buy that for lunch in the winter if it was available, at least 3 times a week.

All I need is the food cart, a guy that can run it, city and state licenses ... sell people hot flavored water, 2 slices of bread, and 2 slices of cheese for $5.

Who wants to invest?

Here's another thing ... let your soup purchasers taste some broth. Once they realize you are providing a healthy soup alternative, using locally locally raised vegetables ... all I gotta do is make sure some chive I grow is in there, but you get the idea.

Some good soup with grilled cheese available ... kinda like a cracker that you crumble into the soup, but better. Also known as a grilled cheese sandwich .... way better than anything you could get at mcDonalds ... why DailySoyp failed ... Good idea ... Lacking toasted bread and melted cheese.

Consomme Profesionals ....

In the end you are offering your customer a "high end" soup.

Dumbass ... No soup is worth more than like 2 bucks a bowl ... you make soup the night before at home, serve it up hot the next day ... With a grilled cheese on the side. I's an affordable lunch. 5 bucks for a pint, 2.50 a half pint ... $2.50 for a grilled cheese. That's a pretty good lunch for $5 to $8 in the winter.

Good, hot soup, grilled cheese sammitch ... I would buy that for lunch in the winter if it was available, at least 3 times a week.

All I need is the food cart, a guy that can run it, city and state licenses ... sell people hot flavored water, 2 slices of bread, and 2 slices of cheese for $5.

Who wants to invest?

Cut up grilled cheese into cubes and use a croutons in tomato basil soup... Can grow basil at your house pretty easily

Cut up grilled cheese into cubes and use a croutons in tomato basil soup... Can grow basil at your house pretty easily

You say that assuming I am not already growing it.

Mostly we use it with tomatoe and smoked motz salad. We have too much right now ... wont have any fresh in winter.

Which brings me too ... I want a milk cow and a smoker. Make my own smoked cheeses.

You say that assuming I am not already growing it.

Mostly we use it with tomatoe and smoked motz salad. We have too much right now ... wont have any fresh in winter.

Which brings me too ... I want a milk cow and a smoker. Make my own smoked cheeses.

not a big fan of smoked mozz... Go the other way and serve tomatoes, basil and OO with burrata cheese and some sea salt

Course ... my special herb I call "Pond Water", which is a form of sativa ... is worth a little more per ounce than dried basil. But yeah, i grow basil. Lotta chives too.

Sea salt is such a scam. Like it's some special exotic thing. Sometimes it is, and it actually carries a flavor... most of the time it's just salt. Big oceans, full of salt ... pretty much where salt comes from, the Sea.

These days.

Sea salt is such a scam. Like it's some special exotic thing. Sometimes it is, and it actually carries a flavor... most of the time it's just salt. Big oceans, full of salt ... pretty much where salt comes from, the Sea.

These days.

big chunks of salt are good as they dissolve in the moisture of the other stuff.

Smoked cheeses are my favorite. I can appreciate a well ripened soft French type cheese, but I prefer like a smoked Gouda, or motz.

More flavor, richer, deeper hue ... yeah smoked cheeses, I think are pretty good.

This are more subtle, but they are largely responsible for the last decade in music.

When Radiohead released Kid A in 2000, it was too weird and panned by many initially. Yet by the end of the year, it was on most top 10 lists. It doesn't sound all that groundbreaking now, but pop and hip hop music shifted soon after in large part because of it. I've read many artists (Justin Timberlake and Kanye come to mind). That said, it was more about the entire album than any one song.

This one is more obvious. It brought that whole style into the mainstream, and basically lead to a decade long shift.

big chunks of salt are good as they dissolve in the moisture of the other stuff.

Milton?

Yeah ... i'm gonna hafta go ahead and like .... dissagree ... Even though that might be right.

Good luck with that brah. Sounds real enough.

Big, giant grains of salt. I said "no salt" ... but might be good for me ... sea salt. Possibly good for ya.

Your body needs some salt.

Apologies to the OP for GF derailing your thread. :(

I am the OP.

Even sadder.

But hey, all else fails around here ... I'll still be here for ya bro. Forever. Cause ....

It's A Man's Man's Man's World - James Brown